PDA

View Full Version : Guitar books

tot_Ou_tard
December 21st, 2007, 06:19 PM
It's really difficult to find a guitar book with great songs & just the right amount of detail.

I like both notation & TAB (I prefer playing using notation, but the TAB helps with voicing).

I get overwhelmed by some of the books, & underwhelmed by the others.

Does anyone know of a Goldilocks (just right) book for me?

ted s
December 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM
I agree totally with what you say Tot, unfortuneately I can't help you, but I feel your pain.

Guitar Gal
December 21st, 2007, 06:48 PM
Tot,

Don't know if you will find this the "Goldilocks" of guitar books.....but I like the book series called Guitar Tab White pages. They are THICK books with about 1,000 songs per book with tab, notation, and lyrics. You can get books for acoustic guitar and bass as well. I usually find what I want to practice and then photocopy the pages to make it easier to read and flip pages....the books are not spiral bound and are about 2 1/2" thick so makes it difficult to sit nicely on a music stand....IMO. Each book about $20.00 and I got mine at Amazon. :D

GG

tot_Ou_tard
December 21st, 2007, 07:07 PM
Tot,

Don't know if you will find this the "Goldilocks" of guitar books.....but I like the book series called Guitar Tab White pages. They are THICK books with about 1,000 songs per book with tab, notation, and lyrics. You can get books for acoustic guitar and bass as well. I usually find what I want to practice and then photocopy the pages to make it easier to read and flip pages....the books are not spiral bound and are about 2 1/2" thick so makes it difficult to sit nicely on a music stand....IMO. Each book about $20.00 and I got mine at Amazon. :D

GG
Thanks GG!!

Yeah, I was just looking at the White Pages on Amazon. It wasn't clear that they had notation as well as TAB. There are three of them, plus a Blues one, as well as bass & acoustic guitar.

So do the songs have a wide range of difficulty?

Guitar Gal
December 21st, 2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks GG!!

Yeah, I was just looking at the White Pages on Amazon. It wasn't clear that they had notation as well as TAB. There are three of them, plus a Blues one, as well as bass & acoustic guitar.

So do the songs have a wide range of difficulty?

Not sure what you would consider a "wide range of difficulty".....but there are some songs that are at my level which I would classify as "intermediate beginner" and some songs that are above my level.....for now anyway :D I think you will be able to find things to challange you as well as songs you can jump right in and play. :rockon:

GG

tot_Ou_tard
December 21st, 2007, 07:44 PM
Not sure what you would consider a "wide range of difficulty".....but there are some songs that are at my level which I would classify as "intermediate beginner" and some songs that are above my level.....for now anyway :D I think you will be able to find things to challange you as well as songs you can jump right in and play. :rockon:

GG
Sounds perfect. Thanks again GG!