PDA

View Full Version : Slide backing track in open G

kerc
December 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
I bought a Behringer guitar for $30 at a pawn shop. You can kill me now.

:D

I could get the action at a decent height on the cheapie Behringer, but not as low as my Revs (duh!), so in a moment of wisdom, I decided it would be cool to have it as a dedicated Open-G tuning. The lo-fi (read: cheap) pickups give me the raw sound I like for distorted slide.

So I decided to record something to test the sound and eventually ended up with this:

Click here to download the backing track. (http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Backings/slidey_D.mp3)

Yeah, bad slide technique, but screw it. It was fun.

Gear: Behringer Strat-clone tuned in open-G, J-Station with Tweed patch, Univox Hi-Flyer bass, Bonham drums I made from my home-made Bonham loops.

I hope you guys dig. 8)

oldguy
December 22nd, 2007, 08:25 AM
Very nice, Kerc! I don't think it's bad slide technique, it's supposed to sound like that.:AOK:
Thanks!:D
P.S. Glad you edited out the "sloppy" part... it wasn't sloppy at all. Kudos!!:beer:

Big K
December 22nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Very nice, Kerc! I don't think it's sloppy, it's supposed to sound like that.
Thanks!:D

+1 - Heck Ya sounds good

Justaguyin_nc
December 23rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
+1 - Heck Ya sounds good

Add another +1... that was so sweeeeet.... dude.. thanks..:rockon:

added to the backingtracks here locally... to noodle with..
Nice RAW sound.. :rockon:

M29
December 23rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Awesome kerc, it sounds great:AOK:

M29

warren0728
December 23rd, 2007, 09:23 PM
i really like it....added to my backing tracks file too....time to take that resonator off the wall and start slidin'! :AOK:

ww

Kazz
December 24th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Very cool man slide is my favorite guitar technique to listen to.

piebaldpython
December 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Hey Kerc, pretty cool!! Sounded like a slightly less primal version of some R.L. Burnside.