PDA

View Full Version : How much are they worth???

oldguy
December 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
I know this has been brought up before.....but it never ceases to amaze me!:whatever:
I love Tele's....... but some folks seem to have more money than sense...or am I missing something here (besides 5 or 10 grand to spend to be a gear corksniffer)?:messedup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Custom-Shop-Jeff-Beck-Artist-Esquire-Tele_W0QQitemZ190085570253QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38083 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FENDER-JEFF-BECK-ESQUIRE-RELIC-LTD-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ270049888420QQihZ017QQcategoryZ380 83QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Custom-Builder-Select-Esquire-Heavy-Relic-LTD_W0QQitemZ140064437952QQihZ004QQcategoryZ47069Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
D@mn & I already spent this year's yule-log budget!
;)

Adrian30
December 22nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
How much are they worth???

IMHO between $600 and $1000 at the most. They are TELECASTERS.

just strum
December 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
I know this has been brought up before.....but it never ceases to amaze me!:whatever:

It could come up a million more times and I still don't think we would get a response like "I think it's worth every penny"

They keep on producing them, so someone out there is buying them. I would like to meet just one to ask "How do you feel this replica is worth the asking price?" I may find out that they got 10% knocked off the asking price:)

Iago
December 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
and since John English died, you can trust that the prices for the guitars under his name will rise even more, like that Esquire.

have you guys checked Bill Nash??

He`s been making custom guitars for sometime, and the quality is just as good as any other bigger guy around, and in a much more affordable price

ET335
December 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
As long as some idiot will pay that price. Fender will keep making them.As the saying goes,some people have more money than brains!:thwap:
I agree with Adrian 600 to 1000 no more.

just strum
December 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
I think what a Realtor told me when I was selling my house also applies here:

For every seat, there's an a$$.

ET335
December 22nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
I think what a Realtor told me when I was selling my house also applies here:

For every seat, there's an a$$.

LOL! well said Strum:rotflmao:

robert43
December 22nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
I just cant see why people want to buy fake scratched up worn off paint etc guitars bass etc.
I can understand orginal ones played to death but repos maybe I am toooooooooooo old .
Hey I have a couple of beat up cars maybe thats a idea I can sell them with mojo :rockon:

duhvoodooman
December 22nd, 2007, 10:45 PM
I just cant see why people want to buy fake scratched up worn off paint etc guitars bass etc.
A mystery to me, too. But like I always say, there are always a few folks out there with more dollars than sense.... :whatever:

Spudman
December 22nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
How would you like to be the store owner sitting on that much in inventory hoping someone will walk into your store, fall in love with it and actually have enough cash to buy it? I think I'd rather be a farmer. The odds are better that it will rain. This must be why they are on ebay because they have no local market.

Tone2TheBone
December 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
I kinda like Telecasters. Especially my own. Good price. Looks purdy.

robert43
December 23rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
If any wants a guitar / bass reliced just give it to my 14 year old son ( or any other teenage kid for that matter) he seems to beable to wreck / scratch ever thing he owns or NOT his like my gear :D
But yes I agree there are people with tooooooo much money on there hands if they ever want to give some away I will give them the bank details

robert43
December 23rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
How would you like to be the store owner sitting on that much in inventory hoping someone will walk into your store, fall in love with it and actually have enough cash to buy it? I think I'd rather be a farmer. The odds are better that it will rain. This must be why they are on ebay because they have no local market.
I agree about ebay world wide market

tot_Ou_tard
December 23rd, 2007, 06:18 AM
I can understand orginal ones played to death but repos maybe I am toooooooooooo old .

But you missed the fact that they come with a color 8 x 10 photo.

...with circles & arrows on the back...:D

sunvalleylaw
December 23rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
I kinda like Telecasters. Especially my own. Good price. Looks purdy.

Teles are cool. It would be fun to have a decent one. But it seems $600 to $1000 would be plenty to get a really nice one, and that there are some good ones available for less than that.

robert43
December 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
But you missed the fact that they come with a color 8 x 10 photo.

...with circles & arrows on the back...:D
:D :master: yes that worth al that $ :AOK:
Like my mum used to say to me a fool & there money are soon departed

Fingers
December 31st, 2007, 04:43 AM
Like my mum used to say to me a fool & there money are soon departed

...............what I have never understood is........ how the fool gets the money in the first place............:thwap:

Kazz
December 31st, 2007, 05:50 AM
a couple of my ex's would say that I am a fool.......even if I had that kind of money it would not be spent on some replica guitar......or even the real blackie for that matter. What some people justify for toys is just amazing to me.

Bucks Owin
January 22nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
I love Tele's....... but some folks seem to have more money than sense...or am I missing something here (besides 5 or 10 grand to spend to be a gear corksniffer)?:messedup:

You and me both Bro! The price of some of these "Custom, new/vintage, tribute, repo" guitars with "artificial wear and tear" blows me away! Kinda silly in fact! "Instant collector's items" as it were....

Was it Barnum who said "There's one born every minute..." ?!?

Dennis

BTW, I think it's sad that kids these days won't find "used" Fender guitars at realistic prices hanging in music stores and pawnshops like 30 or 40 years ago. Nowadays, people who don't even play grab them up for "$peculation" purposes....Luckily, the Squires are decent alternatives if not as "cool".....(Altho' even the Squires from the 80's are "collector guitars" now :thwap: )

just strum
February 29th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I never came across a close up of EVH's Frankenstein until I was paging through the April issue of Guitar Player tonight.

Again, why would anyone pay the money they are asking for that replica???????????

If you knew nothing about EVH and nothing about his guitar what attraction would there be? Let's say you stopped at a garage sale and a guitar sat at the sale that looked like that or any conceivable color with a price tag of say $30, I might consider it for the neck.

To repeat the often written statement here - I just don't get it.

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2008, 08:24 AM
I never came across a close up of EVH's Frankenstein until I was paging through the April issue of Guitar Player tonight.

Again, why would anyone pay the money they are asking for that replica???????????

If you knew nothing about EVH and nothing about his guitar what attraction would there be? Let's say you stopped at a garage sale and a guitar sat at the sale that looked like that or any conceivable color with a price tag of say $30, I might consider it for the neck.

To repeat the often written statement here - I just don't get it.

While that guitar is playable, it's not meant to be played. It's designed to either go into a vault, or hang from a wall in a glass case. All of these big $$$$$ "relic'ed" (I HATE that term!) pieces are aimed squarely at the collectors.

I'll make my own relics the old school way - lots of years, lots of gigs, and lots of notes. :rockon:

ZMAN
March 1st, 2008, 08:25 AM
My guitar tech, was so excited to show me his new custom shop Strat. It looked very similar to the Jeff Beck Tele. It was almost the same color with a mint guard and everything was of course aged and it had about 50% of it's paint scratched off. He even had one of the tone pots missing! just a hole there. It had an old baseball bat neck and he was so proud of it. It cost him about 3000 bucks and was a team built.
Had it been built by a single tech it was double that. I just could not understand? On all the lastest DVDs I see John Mayer playing a beat up old Strat as well. Funny though I saw Jeff Beck on the Crossroads DVD playing a pristine Strat!