PDA

View Full Version : Send Audio Clips - URGENT

just strum
December 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
My wife has decided to fill the air with Christmas music. A usual welcome treat this time of the year, but it's Berry Manilow. Does the torture end there, probably not, I'm sure Barbra Streisand will follow. Geez, I hope she doesn't have the Carpenter's Christmas CD.

Where's my Alvin and Chipmunk's Christmas CD when I need it???

Spudman
December 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
This is precisely why the constitution allows us to carry guns. You'd better break out the Trans Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller Christmas albums before you start shooting.

Katastrophe
December 23rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Gawd, you ARE in a music emergency. Somebody help the man, STAT! I hope she doesn't have any Celine Dion....:thwap:

SuperSwede
December 23rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
I hope she doesn't have any Celine Dion....:thwap:

Or WORSE!

KENNY G!!!

tjcurtin1
December 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
I should have posted this recommendation sooner, as I'm sure every Fretter would love this music as much as I do. I have a lot of Christmas music, popular and classical, and this is among my favorites. It's actually 2 cd's put out by a guy named Gregg Miner "performer and curator of the Miner Museum of Vintage, Exotic and Just Plain Unusual Musical Instruments".

http://www.minermusic.com/

He's crazy and amazing, playing all of the following instruments by himself(not all at once, but in some amazing combinations!):

Assorted rare and histiric Gibson strings, theorbo, zither, latin amaerican strings, viola da gamba, dobros, ukeleles, koto (Japan), sitar, middle eastern strings, ballallaikas, resonator mandolin, harps, harp guitars and even some winds thrown in here and there - it's wild and fun, and the arrangements are also a gas, ranging from raucous to whacky to sublime: the Drummer Boy on Indian instruments, a middle eastern We 3 Kings, a Hawaiin style White Christmas....

I've never posted clips, but would be happy to try if someone gives me instructions... You'll want your own copy, though, as it comes with great booklets showing all the beautiful instruments and talking about thier background.

Justaguyin_nc
December 23rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Just want Strum to feel like he is at home here..
We are such a diverse group...:pancake:

NO NEED TO THANK ME GUYS... REALLY NO NEED!!

Umm Barry?
fgotPVgio6E

Ummm Barbara?
ZRkhJfncCyA

Ummm Kenny?
JEyR8LOv8Bg

Ummm Celine?
51bO1CVPWRA

Umm The Carpenters?
MJ3smnWQD9k

and why not Jessica S?
3MEWfYPt-NQ

and some Mariah?
RengWX0P5KA

Just so those not enjoying such music , can share in the activity...
Merry Christmas in all flavors...:)

GOTCHA..

OK OK.. be honest... which video did you watch? :rotflmao:
:beer:

just strum
December 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
Just want Strum to feel like he is at home here..
We are such a diverse group...:pancake:

NO NEED TO THANK ME GUYS... REALLY NO NEED!!...

GOTCHA..

To stay with this theme: You are killing me softly with your post. How's that for stinking up the place?

Robert
December 23rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
Hey, the the words "Kenny G" are banned on this forum! :(

just strum
December 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Hey, the the words "Kenny G" are banned on this forum! :(

If he keeps it up, you might want to consider adding Justaguyin to that list.:rotflmao:

Maybe based on cruelty to other fretters

Justaguyin_nc
December 23rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
If he keeps it up, you might want to consider adding Justaguyin to that list.:rotflmao:

Maybe based on cruelty to other fretters

Every place needs a Devil's Advocate....

I put in my application above... :rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
December 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Now wait a minute Strum, ya' know you always have to push the envelope. Don't be badmouthing Karen dude!:master:

just strum
December 23rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Now wait a minute Strum, ya' know you always have to push the envelope. Don't be badmouthing Karen dude!:master:

I threw that in there just for you - Merry Christmas ye ole fart.

luvmyshiner
December 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
I threw that in there just for you - Merry Christmas ye ole fart.

Merry Christmas brother! And hey, if I wanted someone to call me nasty names, I'd phone the kids!:rotflmao: :dude:

SuperSwede
December 24th, 2007, 12:38 AM

......*full of shame*.......umm.....Mariah...

sunvalleylaw
December 24th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Where's the Neil Diamond Christmas link?! LOL! This thread is hilarious! Did Bread do a Christmas album?

pie_man_25
December 26th, 2007, 09:01 AM
......*full of shame*.......umm.....Mariah...

it's okay man... I pressed the button too, maybe like me you were just mesmerised by her hotness and pressed the button thinking she'd do something wothwhile, luckily for me I had our MP3 software already on with some cream and my new Iron maiden album, The number of the beast to drown it out so I didn't have any permanent brain damage :messedup:

duhvoodooman
December 26th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Did Bread do a Christmas album?
Kill me now, if they did.... :rotflmao: