PDA

View Full Version : Bug Band

SuperSwede
March 16th, 2006, 12:33 PM
My father was married in the 50/60´s to another woman than my mother. So I have a half brother (to you guys say half brother in the US?). Anyway, his mother worked on Sverige Radio (The state owned swedish radio/tv, which btw was the only radio/tv in sweden back then). A young band that played for the first time on swedish television offered to babysit him for a while so she could go and check if everything was ready on the stage for them. A reporter took this picture of my brother and that "bug" band.
I just got a copy of that picture from my brother, apparently they found this when his mother passed away recently.

Spudman
March 16th, 2006, 12:38 PM
You've got to be kidding me!

We do say half brother here. For instance half my brother is under that log and the other half the dogs took.

Spudman
March 16th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Swede
You are living where I would like to be living now. Sweden has the best music right now. Very talented players and very creative. Everyone I like right now is out of Sweden. You are very lucky to have all that creative energy around you.

Tim
March 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Spudman - You are something else! I just wish some one would tell us what.

Super S - That photo would be worth a lot of money if it was signed by all four "bugs"

Spud/Super S - Can you give some names of these groups? I am kind of out-of-the-know down here below the deep south.

SuperSwede
March 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Spud, yeah Sweden has been cooking over with great music for the last 20 years. Unfortunately that Max Martin (who makes all that Britney Spears/NSync/Backstreet Boys music) lower the overall standard a bit ;)
I think that you would really like the swedish band "Sky High" if you havent heard them already. That Claes Yngström is a really good guitarist.

Tim, the photo was published in a swedish magazine so I dont think that signed copies exist. But it is a really nice picture, too bad it came out that bad, my camera is not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Spudman
March 16th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Swedish bands:

The Flower Kings (of course)
Karmakanic
A.C.T.
Tomas Bodin
Europe (w/ John Norum)
Clark
Moonsafari
The Cardigans
Ritual
Mew
Evergrey
Pain Of Salvation
Yngwie Malmsteen
The Hives
Opeth
JJ Marsh (w/ Glenn Hughes)
Therion
Kaipa
Anekdoten
The Swedish Family
Brother Ape
Carptree
Jonas Hellborg
Par Lindh Project

Tone2TheBone
March 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
No Way! That's awesome!!! That photo would be killer in a nice frame and hanging up in your house for everyone to see.

Spudman
March 16th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Link to listen to Sky High - Clas Yngstrom
Hot bluesy guitar.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/skyhighband

Here is his Hendrix tribute.
http://www.guitar9.com/guitarmusic9/tributetohendrix.html

And finally: Thomas Larsson - touring Guitarist for Glenn Hughes
http://www.chopsfromhell.com/advert_larsson_freeride.html

Man these Swedes can play up a storm. There is streaming on each link so that you can hear these guys. Enjoy!

SuperSwede
March 16th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Tone, it is already in a frame :)

Spud, you should really get the Hendrix tribute if you dont already have it. Its a really good album.
One of my best friends used to date Peter Svensson´s (The Cardigans) sister, so I have met him a couple of times (we drank beer together with the cardigans backstage once, free of course which is the best kind of beer ;) ) They all grew up in Jonkoping, only 40 km from here.