PDA

View Full Version : Eric Clapton Crossroads Pedal

GREENMACHINE
December 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Guys
Well today is Christmas where I come from, for Christmas I got a Eric Clapton Crossroads Pedal and I absolutely love it! I can make it sound bluesy, jazzy, rocky and even make it sound like an organ lol. Its has some background hisses but its not that bad. Does anyone know how to stop the hissing? The pedal is almost perfect for what I wanted a pedal for.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D :rockon:

just strum
December 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM
GM,

My Jamman hissed, but upgrading to a better cable got rid of most of it. I'm not sure if the same would work for you.

BTW, does the Eric Clapton Crossroads Pedal come with cigarette burns? Oh wait, that would cost an extra $25,000.

Enjoy the new toy and look forward to hearing more about it.

GREENMACHINE
December 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Hey Strum
Ok I will see if that makes any difference. I'm using the Fender lead I got with my guitar and a Proel lead made in Italy, I'm guessing the Proel lead is a cheap lead so that might be some of the problem.

:rotflmao: no ti doesn't come with cigarette burns lol good idea though.

I would make an audio clip of it but I don't have anything to record with lol or anything to connect my guitar to my computer, is there something that I could buy to record or plug in to the computer that doesn't cost that much?

Cheers

Kazz
December 25th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Hey Strum
Ok I will see if that makes any difference. I'm using the Fender lead I got with my guitar and a Proel lead made in Italy, I'm guessing the Proel lead is a cheap lead so that might be some of the problem.

:rotflmao: no ti doesn't come with cigarette burns lol good idea though.

I would make an audio clip of it but I don't have anything to record with lol or anything to connect my guitar to my computer, is there something that I could buy to record or plug in to the computer that doesn't cost that much?

Cheers

The cheapest option would be a computer microphone to plug into the mic port of your sound card....

The next cheapest option would take the amp out of the equation and not sure how it would sound coming out of the pedal but I used to do this with my RP80 to record.....they make a cable that is 1/8 inch connector on one end and quarter inch instrument jack on the other end....or you can do an 1/8 on each end with a 1/4 inch adapter which is what I have....connect the 1/4 to the out of the pedal and the 1/8th to your mic input or line in on your sound card.

I would probably go the mic route so that we can see the color of the entire set up.

Maybe some of the others might have better musical suggestions as I am just a computer guru.....still trying to learn the guitar thing LMAO

GREENMACHINE
December 25th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hey Kazz
Cheers man I will see what I can find.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

Justaguyin_nc
December 25th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Congrats on the new pedal!

One option thats cheap to computer..

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TonePortGX

The toneport GX will give you the line in thru USB.. plus you will have some cabs and pedals thru it to mess with.. for other sounds..

Works well with my pedals .. priced at $70.00 is not really that bad.. for what you get...

I think that crossroads has cabinet modeling..so it could work with any 1/4 to 1/8 cable going to line in on the computer.. Radio Shack etc should be able to hook you up..

Look forward to hearing it...

:beer:

GREENMACHINE
December 26th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Hey Justaguyin
Cheers for that, I will look at getting one of these then. So the lead just plugs into the Line 6 TonePort GX and then you use a USB to go from TonePort to computer?
Yeah I'm really happy with the pedal, its my first ever pedal so I'm really lucky to have got such a good one.

Many thanks

Justaguyin_nc
December 26th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Hey Justaguyin
Cheers for that, I will look at getting one of these then. So the lead just plugs into the Line 6 TonePort GX and then you use a USB to go from TonePort to computer?
Yeah I'm really happy with the pedal, its my first ever pedal so I'm really lucky to have got such a good one.

Many thanks

Yup..that's about it.. guitar into toneport toneport to USB port.. comes with software..and can download upgrades.. The toneport gx is a bit bigger than a pack of cigs...

You will than use headphones from it for best sound or connect your computer speakers to it.. or.. get a splitter cable to have both headphones and speakers out.. works pretty good.. and there is a ton of tones for these.

GREENMACHINE
December 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Hey Man
I guess I will be looking at getting one of these then!

Cheers for all your help.

piebaldpython
January 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hey Greenmachine,
Congrats on your PEDAL!!! How do you like it now that you've had some time to play around with it?
OK, I get that the "model" knob points to the 7 different Clapton tones. No problem with that. I see there is a LEVEL knob, so I guess that's self-explantory. ahhaha So, please explain what the CNTRL 1 and CNTRL 2 knobs do? How much variance can you give to each MODEL?
Do you think it's worth the $99?

GREENMACHINE
January 7th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Hey Pie
Yeah I absolutely love it! Yes thats right you turn the knob to whichever mode you want, the level I find is quite cool even though its a volume but if you turn it 3/4 of the way up you can get more of a rock fuzz lead distortion from the models I use the crossroads mode with the volume at 1/4 and leave everything pointing to 12 o clock to get a really awesome blues lead and rhythm tone. The control 1 and 2 vary depending on each mode, but usually control 1 is the gain and control 2 can be either reverb or tone. As for versatility well I haven't had a lot of experience with pedals this is my first pedal but i think its great for rock, blues, blues rock, jazz, country and some metal but not hardcore metal unless you get another pedal and link them. I personally think its worth the $99 because of its versatility. I'm not a huge fan of multi effects pedals because I wouldn't use most of the features the put on them, but this pedal is like the distortion version of an effects pedal if you can see what I mean you can get a lot of sounds out of it.

If there's anymore questions please fire away.
I hope this answered your questions.
GREENMACHINE