PDA

View Full Version : New Member

VSTAR
December 25th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I ran onto this site and really like it , there seems to be something for everyone.
I have been playing guitar off and on for 40 years , played in several bands in Ohio before moving to Texas. Quit playing out for a few raised a family and stayed at home. Seen SRV and decided to get into the blues have been goin that way for several years now. Most fun gig I ever played was in Amsterdam with the Pat Savage Band , and the JHB . Got my 15 of fame.
Equipment wise I have a 1970,s US Strat. 1962 EPI Granada , 1967 Fender Coronado II . A Breedlove acoustic and an Art and Lutherie Acoustic

Amplifiers 1990 Tweed 100 watt Hybrid Tubeworks , One of the best kept secrets of all time. Tubeworks have sold out
Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier Maverick ...so so too bright I am not a Boogie fan.

oldguy
December 25th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome to TheFret, VSTAR! Glad you joined us.:D
SRV fan, not a big Dual Rec fan???:beer:
No problem, you'll fit right in here.
I think alot of us take time off to raise a family, that's how I learned to play "Workin' man blues".....:D

VSTAR
December 25th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Yes or in my case it was Big Boss Man the wife LOL . Every year we go to the Navasota Blues festival it is a celebration of Brazos county blues history . Mance Lipscomb was their most famous player. When I first moved to Texas there was this old guy who used to live in a shotgun shack in Washington Texas and play acoustic blues . I was lucky enough to have met him befor he passed he was Abraham Sweed a very poor Texas bluesman . Abraham Sweed never did well in the U S but did OK in Europe , But boy the stories he could tell about the Bluesman from all over the world and the battle between acoustic and electric blues . They have paintings of him at the festival and I think it is time I spend the cash and buy one . These folks are part of American music history more so then the SRV's.

Spudman
December 25th, 2007, 11:49 PM
HI Vstar
Glad you found our forum. Another experienced player is greatly appreciated here. We have a good time here so stick around and get to know everyone. Really nice folks and respectful.

Is Vstar for the motorcycle?

ted s
December 25th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Welcome VSTAR !

Adrian30
December 26th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Welcome VSTAR! Glad you joined this forum.

robert43
December 26th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Welcome aboard :rockon:

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 05:28 AM
VSTAR, here's a formal welcome to you. It's good to hear you've taken a liking to this place and I would say your view is right on target.

There are a few of us in Ohio and a good number in Texas that frequent the board.

Look forward to more conversation - Enjoy!!!

tot_Ou_tard
December 26th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Y When I first moved to Texas there was this old guy who used to live in a shotgun shack in Washington Texas and play acoustic blues . I was lucky enough to have met him befor he passed he was Abraham Sweed a very poor Texas bluesman . Abraham Sweed never did well in the U S but did OK in Europe , But boy the stories he could tell about the Bluesman from all over the world and the battle between acoustic and electric blues . They have paintings of him at the festival and I think it is time I spend the cash and buy one . These folks are part of American music history more so then the SRV's.
That's right! The poor ol' bluesmen & hill-country ol' timey music players are the true soul of all this. Time to break out:

The Anthology of American Folk Music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthology_of_American_Folk_Music

Europe has always treated our bluesers & jazzers better than the US has.

Do you remember any of Sweed's tales? I'm all ears.

Thanks for joining us here!

luvmyshiner
December 26th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Welcome aboard Vstar.

tunghaichuan
December 26th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Welcome Vstar. Glad to have you here. :AOK:

tung

birv2
December 26th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Welcome, VSTAR. Always good to have another blueser here.

Bob

Robert
December 26th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the the Fret Club! Good to have you here.

mrmudcat
December 26th, 2007, 10:33 AM
welcome

R.B. Huckleberry
December 26th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard! It's a different kinds place. Way cool.

M29
December 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Welcome VSTAR:AOK:

M29

JJ Gross
December 26th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Welcome Vstar, I'm new here myself.
This place looks like one of the better rounded places.

Cheers

duhvoodooman
December 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Welcome to TheFret, VSTAR! Always great to have another blues fan/player here. And Texas is a damn fine place to be doing that! And keep in mind that you can't spell VSTAR without an S, an R and a V!!! :AOK: :rockon:

Katastrophe
December 26th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome, VSTAR! :AOK:

Kazz
December 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the madness Vstar

sunvalleylaw
December 26th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Welcome! Great to have another experienced player join. Helps to counterweight us Noobs! Plus an SRV fan. Great!

warren0728
December 26th, 2007, 10:27 PM
welcome Vstar....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

tot_Ou_tard
December 27th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Welcome to TheFret, VSTAR! Always great to have another blues fan/player here. And Texas is a damn fine place to be doing that! And keep in mind that you can't spell VSTAR without an S, an R and a V!!! :AOK: :rockon:
Nor can you without T & A, but I don't think that has relevence ;) :rotflmao:;).

Guitar Gal
December 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Welcome vstar :AOK:

GG

marnold
December 27th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Nor can you without T & A, but I don't think that has relevence ;) :rotflmao:;).
tot_Ou_tard for the win!

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Welcome.

Hmm, Amsterdam, that sounds like fun... ;)