PDA

View Full Version : Decided to keep SX SST62 CAR

Duff
December 26th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I upgraded my car sx sst62 with locking tuners and stainless saddles. Shortly after that I bought two Fender Hwy 1 strats ( sss and hss) for unbelievably great prices. So I decided to sell two of the sx's. I sold the hard tail one with a little killer pickup at the bridge, and put the 62 up for sale at my music teacher's house.

It sat there now for about two months and only a few people showed any interest. Since I really like the guitar with that nice 62 thin neck and the great tone after the upgrades, I decided to bring it back home and keep it. It's a beautiful guitar. I was offering it for a really reasonable price and compared to some of the stuff I've heard people playing I would have thought it would have gone fast.

I've had really good luck with those SX's. I kept my sst57 with the maple fretboard. It has Fender locking tuners and stainless saddles, stock pickups. Sounds great. Now I'll have the 62 to play.

I'd give it to my son to use but kids his age (16) like guitars with dual humbuckers; heavy metal guitars like Schecter C1's and things like that. He plays bass and is really good. He has an Epi goth thunderbird IV, and I just gave him an Epi LP bass in cherry red flammed maple, long neck. These have humbucker type pickups and sound really good. He likes to play clean, no effects or distortion.
His lead player is thrash city.

Fenders aside, I'm glad I'm keeping my SX SST62 CAR with the upgrades. SX makes some nice guitars and those strat copies are really nice. Anyone looking for an inexpensive good guitar would be wise to check on the SX strat copys. They are really well made guitars for the money and have a logo you don't see that often.

Robert
December 26th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I still have my SST62, but I have it taken apart. I have a Squier '51 neck I plan to put on it, but I don't seem to ever get'r done.

snarph
December 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Nothing wrong with SXSST 62 or 57 if you take a little time to set them up

Love mine