PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 06:36 AM
After my son told me about Firefox and reading comments here, I downloaded it to give it a spin. Seems faster and overall I would say that it's better than MSExplorer, however I noticed one thing - it takes away the spell check feature that is part of the post box here and it also takes away ieSpell that I downloaded from the web.

Now I know it has its own built in spell check, but I prefer ieSpell because it has additional features that Firefox does not. Has anyone else dealt with this and come up with a fix? Do I need to download ieSpell again (it's still on my computer and I can use it if I log onto MSExplorer.

Robert
December 26th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I just use the built in speller - works great for me.

marnold
December 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I don't know anything about ieSpell but judging from its name, it's intended for Internet Explorer only. What can ieSpell do that Firefox's built in spell checker cannot?

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I don't know anything about ieSpell but judging from its name, it's intended for Internet Explorer only. What can ieSpell do that Firefox's built in spell checker cannot?

ieSpell has a dictionary, but I just found that Firefox has an dictionary add-on. I downloaded it but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Hey it's snowing on my screen - another Robert added feature?

Robert
December 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Snow? Did you have too much eggnog again? :D

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Snow? Did you have too much eggnog again? :D

No, I think this is more like Irish Whiskey snow - if it starts to get blinding, then I will know it's Irish Whiskey snow.

Robert, pretty cool - nice season/holiday touch.:AOK:

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Hey, you do realize that living here in Northern Ohio we already get enough snow coming out of Canada:D

Robert
December 26th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, us here in Canada like to share the misery.

Spudman
December 26th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Snow? I just called tech support and ordered new monitor. You mean this isn't permanent? I just spent 300 dollars because Robert put snow on the screen. :mad:

M29
December 26th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah me too Spud but it only cost me 249 Now I have to keep wiping off the lic marks on the screen because of these snow flakes.

M29

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Snow? I just called tech support and ordered new monitor. You mean this isn't permanent? I just spent 300 dollars because Robert put snow on the screen. :mad:

Hmm, I wonder if Robert can get snow on one or two of my guitars?:whatever:

marnold
December 26th, 2007, 12:05 PM
ieSpell has a dictionary, but I just found that Firefox has an dictionary add-on. I downloaded it but I haven't been able to get it to work.
Not to bring this thread back on-topic *cough*, but is there some special dictionary you need? The reason I ask is because Firefox's works out of the box (so to speak) with my Linux and Windows systems. I didn't need to install a dictionary.

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Not to bring this thread back on-topic *cough*, but is there some special dictionary you need? The reason I ask is because Firefox's works out of the box (so to speak) with my Linux and Windows systems. I didn't need to install a dictionary.

Other than English, no. I did an add-on that Firefox offers, but I can't seem to get it to work, in fact i can't find it.

You need to take something for that cough.

Back to another OT conversation - Every time I hear a truck go by I look out the window hoping it's UPS or FedEx delivering a guitar, or amp or... Just like a kid I get worked up thinking there is still one more gift out there that has yet to arrive, but it's not to be.:cry:

sunvalleylaw
December 26th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah, us here in Canada like to share the misery.

Misery? No. Wonder, beauty, quiet kisses from Heaven, really fun stuff to blow up in your face off your knees and thighs as you rip down the fall line, Yes!

Eskimos have some huge number of words for different types of snow. I would get along with that view of the world. :D

I like the snowflakes! Thanks Robert! :AOK: