PDA

View Full Version : Through that karaoke mic....

duhvoodooman
March 16th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Just fooling around with the intro to one of my favorite SRV tunes, "Tin Pan Alley". I gotta practice it some more (lots more, actually) but this at least has a better tone and feel to it, I think, than the previous couple of clips I posted here. Candid feedback welcomed, but if it's real bad, send me a PM! ;)

Oops--forgot to give the details. Recorded using my Strat, middle pup, with my AD30VT set to the Tweed 4x10 model. Gain & volume at 1 o'clock, treble at 2, middle at 12, bass at 10:30, master at 12. Some modest reverb and my Tone Driver (think of it as a multi-species Bad Monkey) on the TS-808 emulation.

Spudman
March 16th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Cool Voodoo! Good job.
Can you put up the backing track by itself as well? Maybe the others might like to mess with it. I know I would.

BTW. I have both the Tone Driver and Bad Monkey and love them both. Very similar, but the Monkey into the Driver - woa! Sounds kinky actually but it works.

duhvoodooman
March 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Got the backing track off the GuitarDB site, under the SRV section:

http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list

Robert
March 16th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Good phrases, voodoo - I enjoyed that.

Yeah, Spud, that sounds kinky.

SuperSwede
March 17th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the link to the GuitarDB site. I havent seen that one before.

Really nice recording, and a mighty fine stratotone!

warren0728
March 17th, 2006, 02:02 PM
sounded really good voodoo....might get my kids karaoke mic out this weekend!

Nice link too...
ww

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Not a blues man myself, but Tin Pan Alley lured me into playing some blue notes. Thanks again for that link, there was a lot of fun playing to be found there Voodoo.
I can only record my VOX in mono (it sounds SO much better in my headphones) but I will soon buy a 2x monotele > 1x stereo tele.

Anyway, here comes Fret Pan Alley (click the hi bandwith version).

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=492694

duhvoodooman
March 18th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Not a blues man myself....
Well, I beg to differ after hearing that!! It don't get much bluesier, my friend. Excellent! May have to start calling you "BB Swede".... :D

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2006, 07:22 AM
lol...

Thanks Voodoo

warren0728
March 18th, 2006, 07:46 AM
ss...that was amazing

we need to hear more blues from you!

ww

Guitar-Chris
March 18th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Not a blues man myself, but Tin Pan Alley lured me into playing some blue notes.

So, you're not a bluesman, eh? So do not send us a link about what man you really are. It would lead us all to sell our favorite axes :)

Very well done. And so relaxed...

Did we read about the guitar and amp you used?

Edit: Ok, guess you used your chrome Tele and your chrome Vox?

Spudman
March 18th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Swede
Very nice. That showed great restraint which makes it all the more blusier. Good job.

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Chris, it was the tele through the vox (only mono which isnt that great).
The amp model was Tweed 1x12, Cab 1X12. No pedal effects. Spring reverb.

Spud, yeah I was so tired that I did not have the energy to play more tones ;)

Spudman
March 18th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I'm wanking on this one but had to try it anyway. Guys this is a really good thing to do to get you paying attention to what you play. I'm glad that we can exchange music in this way. It is very inspiring...now back to lamenting on how out of practice I am. (sigh)

Sorry, it is kind of quiet. I had the master volume down when I saved the project.

Robert
March 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Swede, nice tone man! That Tonelab seems great!! Nice feeling.

Spud, good feel there, nice and laid back. Good jobs everyone, I should make an attempt at this too.

duhvoodooman
March 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM
....now back to lamenting on how out of practice I am.Geez, I'd have to practice for about 10 years to get that "out of practice"!! Outstanding, Spuds! You really got it workin' there about 2/3 of the way through. Enjoyed that immensely!! :R

warren0728
March 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
...now back to lamenting on how out of practice I am. (sigh)
spud....that was great....ok I've got a lot of gear for sale :D Make an offer or will trade for bowling ball, rocking chair or maybe a good bottle of scotch!

ww

SuperSwede
March 19th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Spud.. BABY! That was great! :)

Warren, I took a quick shot of my booze cabinet upper level.. Pick one for that MIM Tele ;)

Matt
March 19th, 2006, 07:55 AM
That was really good! I also like to use the Tweed 4X10 for SRV tones- can get an almost convincing little Wing tone out of it (well the clean part :) ). Speaking of which-I'm most pleased with myself- I've almost managed to learn the intro to Little Wing. Man is it hard...as is the Hendrix version. Bah!

regards

Matt