PDA

View Full Version : Radial Plexitube?

oldguy
December 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Anybody got one? I'm asking because I checked out Zzounds (thru TheFret, naturally), and they had them marked down to $239, which is $60 off the "usual" going price..... so I ordered one.
Not a cheap dirtbox, but I wanted to try one.... plus I didn't get one for Christmas.:thwap:

Justaguyin_nc
December 26th, 2007, 07:39 PM
nothing to add. other than... congrats on your personal choice and purchase for xmas..:)

strange sidenote: zzounds has new 239.. and if your a dummy..they have a warehouse reseal for 269.00.. lol.:beer:

oldguy
December 26th, 2007, 07:45 PM
nothing to add. other than... congrats on your personal choice and purchase for xmas..:)

strange sidenote: zzounds has new 239.. and if your a dummy..they have a warehouse reseal for 269.00.. lol.:beer:

Yeah, I saw that when I ordered.:confused:
I liked the idea of a 2 channel pedal, w/ effects loop built into channel 2.... don't know how that will work out.... guess I'll see.
Clips I could find sounded pretty good...good reviews (for the most part) on HC, but..... we'll see. Should be here in a few days.

oldguy
December 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Got it. Like it!:AOK:
It's like the Hot British w/ a second channel to allow 2 sounds, rhythm/lead setup. You can set your amp clean, then set the pedal w/ crunch, plus a lead distortion sound. There's no "overdrive", for a mild OD sound on this one, it's balls-to-the-wall, although you can set it mild and low, and use your guitar's volume to tame it a little. But no soft OD like Vood's ZYS, just in case you're thinking about one.....:pancake:
It's almost got too much hair for an old-school dude like me.....but I like it.:D

Spudman
December 28th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Got it. Like it!:AOK:
It's like the Hot British w/ a second channel to allow 2 sounds, rhythm/lead setup. You can set your amp clean, then set the pedal w/ crunch, plus a lead distortion sound. There's no "overdrive", for a mild OD sound on this one, it's balls-to-the-wall, although you can set it mild and low, and use your guitar's volume to tame it a little. But no soft OD like Vood's ZYS, just in case you're thinking about one.....:pancake:
It's almost got too much hair for an old-school dude like me.....but I like it.:D

Ooh, ah. This sounds really nice. :drool: I think a 2 channel pedal is a great way to go. Everything Radial makes is top notch. Ya their pedals do give you all that you could ever want. Earplugs are cheap.:rockon:

Plank_Spanker
January 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Glad you like it, oldguy. Radial is top notch gear. I really like my new Trimode.

oldguy
January 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Interesting thing I found out. Radial says they "starve" the 12AX7 for voltage to get the overdriven sound. I never knew that could be done to get an OD crunch.
Some folks say they don't care for that sound, but I think it's tasty! Someday, when I win the lottery, I'll get the Trimode. I hear it's on par w/ the Plexi, just a different flavor.
Right now, I'm lovin' the Plexitube sound.:beer:

Plank_Spanker
January 14th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I'm still experimenting with my Trimode and I haven't found a bad sound yet. I really like the distortion this litle dirt box does. It sounds warm and organic.

Glad you like your Plexitube, oldguy! :D