PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to me I guess....

mikew
December 26th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Got a beautiful new Reverend Manta Ray for Christmas. Never actually thought about having a semi-hollow nor a double cut guitar before as they really weren't my thing, but this changed my mind. The fretwork and necks on these are unbelievable!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s97/mrmikeinnh/Rev%20Manta%20Ray/MantaRayFull.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s97/mrmikeinnh/Rev%20Manta%20Ray/MantaRayBody.jpg

oldguy
December 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Love that sunburst! Nice match on the top, too. Congrats on one sweet axe!:beer:

just strum
December 26th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Mike,

that's a fine looking guitar and a hell of a Christmas gift.

warren0728
December 26th, 2007, 09:10 PM
very sweet!...merry christmas....

ww

M29
December 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
That is a nice looking double cut :AOK: I bet it sounds great, congrats mikew:rockon:

M29

duhvoodooman
December 26th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Very nice! :AOK: Man, I really like those Reverends. Gotta get me one of those puppies some day!

mrmudcat
December 27th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Thinking the same thing Voodoo:beer:

tot_Ou_tard
December 27th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Way cooL!

That's the 'bucker version, correct?

Does that one have a mahogony neck & body, or is it one of the newer versions with a korina neck & body?

The Manta Ray with 290s been giving me a lot of come-hither eyes for quite some time.

I'm all ears, if you want to discuss more about how she plays & sounds!

bigoldron
December 27th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Ssssswwwweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!!! :AOK:

Robert
December 27th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Congrats! Looks great!

stingx
December 27th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Wow! That guitar looks amazing. Congrats and play the snot outta it! :beer:

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Love that sunburst! Nice match on the top, too. Congrats on one sweet axe!:beer:

Thanks very much, and you're right, I cannot believe how close the match is on top. :D

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Mike,

that's a fine looking guitar and a hell of a Christmas gift.

Yeah, this year was a good Christmas! Thanks! :)

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 07:30 PM
very sweet!...merry christmas....

ww

Merry Christmas to you to! And thanks for the kinda words. :beer:

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
That is a nice looking double cut :AOK: I bet it sounds great, congrats mikew:rockon:

M29

Yeah, it sounds pretty darn good. Heck I'm still trying to figure out all the tones that I can get out of it considering the Bass Contour control it has. Seemingly endless variety. :dude:

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Very nice! :AOK: Man, I really like those Reverends. Gotta get me one of those puppies some day!

Thanks Voodoo! The neck and fretwork on this thing is awesome. I usually don't like neck-throughs because the back of the neck is finished and always seems sticky or something to me, but this thing is just so slick, it's actually amazing. If you score one you'll definitely dig it. :rockon:

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Way cooL!

That's the 'bucker version, correct?

Does that one have a mahogony neck & body, or is it one of the newer versions with a korina neck & body?

The Manta Ray with 290s been giving me a lot of come-hither eyes for quite some time.

I'm all ears, if you want to discuss more about how she plays & sounds!

Yep, this is the Humbucker version. Like I told one of the earlier posters that I'm still trying to figure out all the tones from this thing as the Bass Contour control throws in a whole new plethora of options.

As far as I know this has a solid maple top and solid mahogany body and neck, so it seems you are correct sir! :master:

Oh, the P-90 version seems awesome as I just tried out a Club King 290 with this, and the neck on this one sold me. The club king has the bolt on neck and just was a smidge (tiniest) less maneuverable than this. I have a feeling I'll be getting a Club King also though, or hope! :)

The neck and fretwork on this one are amazing, and it's what sold me instantly. I'm learning, so I classify my playing right now as horrible, otherwise I would post clips from my MicroBR, although I could still try if you think your ears could stand the abuse! :rotflmao:

What I would suggest is watching these clips of the demo's for both the HB version and the P90 version and see what you think, after all, this guy plays way better than me. Of course, feel free to ask any other questions you like and I will do my best to answer them for you. :cool:

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqRmDbEj-mo&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqRmDbEj-mo&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

I can't seem to get the Humbucker version embedded properly, so here is the link to it: Manta Ray Humbucker Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-PBbA5pZkw)

oldguy
December 27th, 2007, 07:54 PM
What's that big white box for?:D
Ah, never mind, you got it figured out!:AOK: :AOK:

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM
What's that big white box for?:D

That's me trying to get the YouTube video's embedded for it, but it was kicking my arse. :messedup:

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Congrats! Looks great!

Thanks Robert! Won't be able to change the neck on this puppy though! :rotflmao:

mikew
December 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Wow! That guitar looks amazing. Congrats and play the snot outta it! :beer:

No kidding, it's time to spank that plank! :rockon: