PDA

View Full Version : VOX Odor?

fendermojoman
December 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
The Ad50VT 212 (2 speakers) has a cooling fan inside and I've been annoyed by the odor coming out of the vents since I got it. It smells like a combination of electronic components and the outer covering, I thought it might finally fade away but it's still pretty strong.
Anybody else noticed this funny smell in their Ad50VT 212's??? :confused:

stingx
December 26th, 2007, 10:09 PM
At least it doesn't smell like *** :)

tot_Ou_tard
December 27th, 2007, 06:42 AM
No smell from my AD30VT.

duhvoodooman
December 27th, 2007, 08:18 AM
The only thing that stinks about my AD30VT is what comes out of the speaker while I'm using it.... :D

ted s
December 27th, 2007, 09:42 AM
The only thing that stinks about my AD30VT is what comes out of the speaker while I'm using it.... :D
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LowEndWonder
December 27th, 2007, 10:48 AM
The Ad50VT 212 (2 speakers) has a cooling fan inside and I've been annoyed by the odor coming out of the vents since I got it. It smells like a combination of electronic components and the outer covering, I thought it might finally fade away but it's still pretty strong.
Anybody else noticed this funny smell in their Ad50VT 212's??? :confused:
I owned a Vox amp in the past and it had a smell similar to mildew.
Is this kind of what you're talking about?

sumitomo
January 9th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Do you have a cat? Sumi

Robert
January 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM

That is a good one!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :master: :bravo:

I think we all know that smell from our own amps...

sumitomo
January 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Im glad yall have a sense of humor.About 5 yrs. ago my amps (64 super reverb/bandmaster)found there way to my garage(my wife took over my music room)now I have it back and guess what Mouse Turds in my super man tears in my eyes,some little blues mouse had a hilton.Sumi

Robert
January 10th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Oh NO sumi, critter invaders! Was it damaged?

Hey, stop by the Fret Players forum, and get yerself introduced proper, will ya?

sumitomo
January 10th, 2008, 03:52 PM
No it did not ruin the amp I am redoing the amp now new pots,caps,tubes and a weber so I can play it in the house.Funny I was so pissed and now I can look back and laugh now. Sumi

fendermojoman
January 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Do you have a cat? Sumi
No but if I did it could only make it smell better. I wonder if it has to do with being made in VietNam?:rotflmao:

Kazz
January 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
some lil blues mouse.....now that is funny