PDA

View Full Version : Strat Necks

GREENMACHINE
December 26th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Hey Guys
On my VG the fret inlays are just dots nothing special and I thought it would be cool to buy a new neck for it with some cool inlays on it. I would keep the Maple neck and everything else but want some fret inlays that aren't dots. Can anyone here post some pics of some maple necks with different fret inlays?

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D :rockon:

marnold
December 27th, 2007, 09:26 AM
In my humble opinion, there's nothing cooler than a maple fretboard with sharkies (http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911005576).

GREENMACHINE
December 27th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Hey Marnold
Do you think they would look cool on a sunburst Strat? So how do you get fret inlays anyway do you take them to a shop and get them put in or what? I like the sharkies as well. Is there any other cool fret markers around?

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

marnold
December 27th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Hey Marnold
Do you think they would look cool on a sunburst Strat? So how do you get fret inlays anyway do you take them to a shop and get them put in or what? I like the sharkies as well. Is there any other cool fret markers around?
Even though I'm a huge sharkies fan, I don't think I'd be inclined to mess with your Strat. For my money it has THE classic Fender Strat look. If you were going for a super Strat or a Dinky, that'd be something different. I especially think that altering the existing neck would be a disaster. If you REALLY want something different, get a Warmoth replacement neck. Here's their inlay page (http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=inlays). As with everything with Warmoth, such an option is not inexpensive.

GREENMACHINE
December 28th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Hey Marnold
Yeah I guess that fair enough. I want to get a cheaper Fender Strat like $1000NZ dollar, to have as like a do-up guitar so buy a new neck for it with some mean fret markers and white pearl pickguard and black body and chrome hardware with some mean pups in in to get a real bluesy, rock sound.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D :rockon:

Big K
December 28th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Abalone Stars on a Maple Neck

GREENMACHINE
December 28th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Hey Big K
They're pretty cool. What would you guys want if you were putting them on a blues sounding Strat?

Cheers
GREENMACHINE