PDA

View Full Version : The Fret :-)

Kazz
December 29th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I am really digging this place....the comraderie is great and the information being shared is amazing....all with very little to non on the ego side.

I really want to extend a thanks to Mudcat for inviting me over and to Robert and the Mods for doing what they do....I have administrated and moderated forums for years and know what a thankless job it can be....

I really appreciate having a place like this that I can call home that is not associated with any one brand or even type of guitar.

The amps/cabs and pedals area is blowing me away not to mention the recorded clips.

Everyone is so friendly.

Thanks

Steve

Robert
December 29th, 2007, 01:42 PM
You're welcome Steve! I am thankful to all our members who make the place what it is = GREAT.

The only problem we have is we have so many Steve's that we get confused who is who ... :D

ted s
December 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Robert, do you have any DVD lesson plans for 2008 to impart some of your mojo ?

Spudman
December 29th, 2007, 01:49 PM
The only problem we have is we have so many Steve's that we get confused who is who ... :D

Huh? What did I say? What did I do now? Oh, nevermind it was another Steve you were talking about. :thwap:

Viva la Steve! Viva le fret!:AOK:

Robert
December 29th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Robert, do you have any DVD lesson plans for 2008 to impart some of your mojo ?

What mojo are you talkin' bout?

ted s
December 29th, 2007, 01:55 PM
What mojo are you talkin' bout?
you know.. tips, demo, skill etc.. maybe mojo was the wrong word, you know what happens when someone gets your mojo. Some guys get there mojo surgically bypassed, true bypass that is.

Robert
December 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I have plans to finish the Blues DVD for beginners. I am also thinking about a DVD full of only licks in different styles - blues, jazz, country, etc.

We are getting off topic again... Add your suggestions to the video lessons request thread. (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3863)

just strum
December 29th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Getting back on topic - this morning when I was researching the "hissing" issue, a lot of google hits took me to various forums.

My little surfing this morning resulted in visits to:

A number of forums with little to offer, not only on the subject of interest, but just the subject matter in general.

Most were not user friendly and not easy to navigate.

It was evident by a number of posts that the forums I visited just weren't friendly places - period. - That's where everyone makes this forum better than most.

Sblack
December 29th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Robert and Mods,

I, too, am very appreciative of all you do here at The Fret. This is the most informative, friendly forum I have stumbled upon. I can't stand that other BIG forum (you all know which one I am talking about because most of us are members there, too). THAT forum is full of negative vibes. Even though there are interesting posts and a pool of knowledge at THAT forum, it is difficult to wade through all of the ranting, negativity, and impoliteness. The Fret is a kind, knowledgeable place where I can feel comfortable. Thanks again. :)

oldguy
December 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yessireebob. Go here.
http://www.eurotubes.com/euro-q.htm
Go down to, I believe it is the eleventh link, til you see this.
Tired of chris greene's, all hail the king fender forum? Try this forum!
Now click that link and see where you end up!

Fun, huh???:D :D :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pes_laul
December 29th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Robert and Mods,

I, too, am very appreciative of all you do here at The Fret. This is the most informative, friendly forum I have stumbled upon. I can't stand that other BIG forum (you all know which one I am talking about because most of us are members there, too). THAT forum is full of negative vibes. Even though there are interesting posts and a pool of knowledge at THAT forum, it is difficult to wade through all of the ranting, negativity, and impoliteness. The Fret is a kind, knowledgeable place where I can feel comfortable. Thanks again. :)
Yeah I know what you mean on THAT forum nobody takes what I say seriously cuz of my age while here it seems my opinion is appreciated.

just strum
December 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah I know what you mean on THAT forum nobody takes what I say seriously cuz of my age while here it seems my opinion is appreciated.

Kris,

Some would tell a lot of us we are too old to take up the guitar, those same would tell you that you are too young too know what you are talking about - I call those people idiots and/or ignorant.

sunvalleylaw
December 29th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks Robert and all who make this a great place. This Steve in particular appreciates it!

Sblack
December 29th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Kris,

I teach writing to kids your age daily and have for over 13 years. I always value the fresh perspective and honesty your age group presents. Every year I discover students that love to play guitar; they eventually find out that I play and we have some great discussions about gear and playing songs. Your perspective is always welcome.

tot_Ou_tard
December 29th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Well Kris, what you should know & take really to heart is that a lot of us who started playing guitar later in life are a bit wistful and in awe of the fact that you started playing so young.

Always remember that when life throws some crap n' bullsh!t at you...your older self will smile that you had the heart & wisdom to soak in music early.

Besides, it isn't life (& I'd argue that it isn't fun) unless the whole range of life & music is on offer.

Young-old, newb-master, rich-poor, wise-foolish, serious-wacko,

ummm strat-lester?

Me, I try to hold down the old-newb-poor-wacko bit under the stairs of the fret.

as Spud sez: Vive le Fret!

Spudman
December 29th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Well Kris, what you should know & take really to heart is that a lot of us who started playing guitar later in life are a bit wistful and in awe of the fact that you started playing so young.

Always remember that when life throws some crap n' bullsh!t at you...your older self will smile that you had the heart & wisdom to soak in music early.

Besides, it isn't life (& I'd argue that it isn't fun) unless the whole range of life & music is on offer.

Young-old, newb-master, rich-poor, wise-foolish, serious-wacko,

ummm strat-lester?

Me, I try to hold down the old-newb-poor-wacko bit under the stairs of the fret.

as Spud sez: Vive le Fret!

Sometimes you are unfathomable. Astounding!:master:

tot_Ou_tard
December 29th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Sometimes you are unfathomable. Astounding!:master:
& you are *ALWAYS* outstanding Spud! :master:right back at'cha.

warren0728
December 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
ok you two need to get a room :rotflmao:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
December 29th, 2007, 10:51 PM
ok you two need to get a room :rotflmao:

ww Your place Warren! The guitars will be fine, but there is always the risk of pancakes in bed :rotflmao::eek::rotflmao:.

oldguy
December 30th, 2007, 06:34 AM
"We now return you to TheFret He-Man Mutual Admiration Society".......

:D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :D :messedup:

Kazz
December 30th, 2007, 07:30 AM
See this is why I love this place....lmao.....pancakes in bed....ewwww

warren0728
December 30th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Your place Warren! The guitars will be fine, but there is always the risk of pancakes in bed :rotflmao::eek::rotflmao:.
if you don't take risks you're not living!! :pancake: :messedup:

ww

just strum
December 30th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a bunch of drunks speaking "what they really think" - well, at least you're not angry drunks.

Love ya, man.

warren0728
December 30th, 2007, 10:13 AM
well, at least you're not angry drunks.
SHUT UP YOU JERK!!! Man i get pissed when you say that!! :punch: :saw: :bootyshake: :p

ww

just kidding of course :beer:

just strum
December 30th, 2007, 10:28 AM
SHUT UP YOU JERK!!! Man i get pissed when you say that!! :punch: :saw: :bootyshake: :p

ww

just kidding of course :beer:

Geez, for a second I thought my IP somehow switched forums on me. Sort of a Washburn flashback.:pancake:

birv2
December 30th, 2007, 11:32 AM
+1 on props to Robert and the mods. I have moderated forums and I know how easily they can descend into name-calling, flaming, and just plain ignorance. So I appreciate the job that you all do.

I've found this a supportive place, and that's a good thing.

And Chris-the-young-dude, you keep on keepin on. I teach 7th graders and every day I'm amazed at how great they are. Plus that's when I started playing guitar. I used to hang out at the local music store and watch the older guys and talk to them. Now with the internet you can hang out at your virtual music store! ;)

Thanks again, and here's to a great new year here at the Fret!

Bob

warren0728
December 30th, 2007, 11:50 AM
+1 on props to Robert and the mods. I have moderated forums and I know how easily they can descend into name-calling, flaming, and just plain ignorance. So I appreciate the job that you all do.
all kidding aside....this really is a great forum and although i frequent other boards :eek: this is the only one i post to regularly!

ww :greenguitar:

pes_laul
December 30th, 2007, 01:56 PM

I've found this a supportive place, and that's a good thing.

And Chris-the-young-dude, you keep on keepin on. I teach 7th graders and every day I'm amazed at how great they are. Plus that's when I started playing guitar. I used to hang out at the local music store and watch the older guys and talk to them. Now with the internet you can hang out at your virtual music store! ;)

Thanks again, and here's to a great new year here at the Fret!

Bob
"kris-the-young-dude" I like that i wish there was a way to change usernames:D Oh I forgot to give RObert and the mods thanks um....thanks:D