PDA

View Full Version : Digitech Pedals

piebaldpython
December 30th, 2007, 12:03 AM
OK, what's the basic difference (maybe there isn't???) between Digitechs's Bad Monkey and Screamin' Blues pedals or are they so similar that you should just have one or the other?

markb
December 30th, 2007, 04:09 AM
The Monkey is a very nicely done Tube Screamer clone. The Screamin' Blues has a less pronounced mid boost like the Boss Blues Driver. I like to use a Blues Driver for rhythm playing and kick in a Bad Monkey for leads. The Monkey also gives an alternative rhythm voice when you just need that push in the mids. Try both.

Sblack
December 30th, 2007, 06:31 AM
I owned a Bad Monkey and a Screamin' Blues. I had them in a chain before a solid state amp. The Bad Monkey was more subtle but, as mentioned, nicely middy. The Screamin' Blues had more grit and could add more distortion to your signal. The Bad Monkey prodiced a nice overdriven sound. The Screamin' Blues, on the other hand, did overdrive well enough, and with more gain it functioned as a nice distortion pedal, too. Both were great pedals, but I preferred the Screamin' Blues. The SB also seemed more touch sensitive -- I played softly and cleaned up my signal; I played harder and I was in distorted heaven.