PDA

View Full Version : What is the 2nd pedal you cannot live without thread.

tot_Ou_tard
December 30th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Number 2: Boss RC-2 Looper.

:D

sunvalleylaw
December 30th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Boss RC20xl, but even though it is in the pedal chain, I think of it as something different from a pedal. For a small stompbox pedal, I guess I pick my tuner.

oldguy
December 30th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Danelectro PB&J....... I like a short delay, or a tight doubling effect, and w/ one stomp on the pedal you can switch between the two. Not the best or most expensive delay pedal out there, but it works for me.:pancake:

Spudman
December 30th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Boss PSM5. I've had it almost as long as the Tube Screamer. It is invaluable.

Big K
December 30th, 2007, 11:56 AM
have a 20 something year old DOD Tube Distortion pedal that sounds good at 40>50% gain that I seem to have held on to forever...

markb
December 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Tremolo, either a Boss TR-2 on the board or a Danelectro Tuna Melt sitting on my amp and switched via the loop.

duhvoodooman
December 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor, with its built-in effects loop. The thing is just stupid useful! :dude:

Justaguyin_nc
December 30th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor, with its built-in effects loop. The thing is just stupid useful! :dude:

Yup... this would be #2.. I dunno what would be #1.. it seems to always change....

This NS2 though, sure made me start liking Distortions by blocking all the unwanted sounds..

I unfortunately finally got a pedal that makes me turn this off..
Digitech EX7 set to SynthSwells does not like it..
or should I say the NS2 just blocks to much of it..
must be the softness of the swells..
Although I love my EX7 at this moment..it's not kicking the NS2 out..
I will just turn the NS2 off when in use..
it is such a good pedal for all the other pedals.. silence till needed!!

:AOK:

Spudman
December 30th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Why not put the EX7 after the NS2?

pes_laul
December 30th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I have A DOD chorus pedal from the late 70's or early 80's that sounds really good

Justaguyin_nc
December 30th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Why not put the EX7 after the NS2?

Welp...Actually, that is where its at... but something still blocks the swells full out when the NS2 is on.. got me.. but tis after, than the delays etc.. havent found a place it can be without the ns2 affecting it.. but thats only in the Synth setting.. it works better in the loop actually, making the distortions and other effects silent till needed as other pedals.. being after the ns2... its a bit noisy when a distortion is selected.. to me at least..

six of one...half dozen of the other.. I will just turn it off for swells.. problem solved..

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 12:08 AM
Welp...Actually, that is where its at... but something still blocks the swells full out when the NS2 is on.. got me.. but tis after, than the delays etc.. havent found a place it can be without the ns2 affecting it.. but thats only in the Synth setting.. it works better in the loop actually, making the distortions and other effects silent till needed as other pedals.. being after the ns2... its a bit noisy when a distortion is selected.. to me at least..

six of one...half dozen of the other.. I will just turn it off for swells.. problem solved..

So you've tried it with the NS after the EX7 as well? I'm curious. So you put the NS in the effect loop of you amph?

Justaguyin_nc
December 31st, 2007, 12:32 AM
So you've tried it with the NS after the EX7 as well? I'm curious. So you put the NS in the effect loop of you amph?

Yup.. it's been in the loop and out of...
Nope..nothing to effect loops of an amph.. only the effects loop on the ns2..
My sig shows my whole path.. the univibe outputs to two different amps at the end..Probably going to put the univibe back after the Mistress and put the Morley AB back at the end..

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 06:44 AM
What noise are you suppressing? The hum from single coils?

Do you only use it for high gain stuff?

What do you run in it's effects loop & why?

Justa, do you get a lot of noise even if you have your distortion pedals set to low gain? Or do you *never* do that ;).

Justaguyin_nc
December 31st, 2007, 09:35 AM
OOps..im sorry guys... looks like spuds and I turned this into the NS2 thread...lol..

We probably should talk about it over here:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3589&highlight=boss+ns-2

I use mine mainly for single coils, lights and tv etc.. the high gain settings on the Muff etc.. it's an excellent pedal I would not be without.... the SynthSwell thing is slight but the first one I actually noticed.. was all I was saying..and probably due to the slow builds from my playing..I dunno...lol

duhvoodooman
December 31st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, Tot, just check out that thread link that Justa posted--covers the NS-2's awesome capabilities quite comprehensively....

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 04:26 PM
OOps..im sorry guys... looks like spuds and I turned this into the NS2 thread...lol..

Hopefully not. I'm just wondering why the NS2 limits the abilities of the EX7. This may be something I'll have to contend with in the future and would like to try and understand why the two aren't compatible, completely. I've never heard of this problem before and I'm glad that it came to light.

PS. Happy New Year!

sunvalleylaw
December 31st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Tot, just check out that thread link that Justa posted--covers the NS-2's awesome capabilities quite comprehensively....

Cool, Santa brought one for Christmas and I will need to figure out the best way to use it. :D

Justaguyin_nc
December 31st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Hopefully not. I'm just wondering why the NS2 limits the abilities of the EX7. This may be something I'll have to contend with in the future and would like to try and understand why the two aren't compatible, completely. I've never heard of this problem before and I'm glad that it came to light.

welp..in the other thread...you can see i mentioned it dulls the sound.. VERY VERY LITTLE to me..just noticeable.. and you have to get use to the pause at start...again i am talking milliseconds..and only at start, first note.

so if you have both pedals.. set ex7 to 3 then controls to noon on all three.. try it with ns2 on...than off.. for me..there is a difference.. But it does not seem to effect the other settings.. like wah etc.. soooo.. I boil it down to the slow strums I am trying to do.. and waiting on swells to die before strumming again.. which.. poof.. puts in the delay or kills the swell at the very very very end.. again.. you just turn off the ns2 when using the ONE effect (#3) out of all of them.. its nothing big...I probably should not have mentioned it..cause its a darn good pedal for everything else!!

LowEndWonder
January 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Boss CE-20 Chourus Ensemble {Twin Pedal} :AOK: