PDA

View Full Version : Signature (?) Basses

t_ross33
December 30th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Jammin' at a family function last night. My cousin's husband plays a bit o' bass and has an awesome little rig. His bass is a "Signature" brand that was made in Canada (Rush's Alex Lifeson reportedly had a hand in this short-lived company). Looks similar to a Carvin California Carved Top with a gorgeous quilted top in a cherry-ish sunburst and gold hardware. P type p'up at the neck and J type at the bridge. Ebony fretboard. Played it thru a little Gallien-Krueger MB-150S-112 Micro-Bass Combo amp (killer little amp BTW).

Suhweet. :master:

Thought I'd share. I'll see if anyone got any pics of our little jam session and post it here. Anyone heard of these beauties before?

t_ross33
December 30th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Found some info. If you ever come across one, it's definately worth checking out :AOK:

http://www.geocities.com/signatureguitar/index.html#company

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 12:12 AM
Good info. Thanks.
I'll bet the company folding was due in large part to the pointy head stocks and the end of the 80's.:D ;)

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 07:31 AM
Good info. Thanks.
I'll bet the company folding was due in large part to the pointy head stocks and the end of the 80's.:D ;)
Has anyone played one?

Good point Spud. I'll bet right now someone is working on their dream company

Relic Guitars

just ready to go into production in 2010 just as the interest in relics falls flat on it's face in the new era of shiny, shiny, sparkley, space-age futurama guitars.

Did I mention shiney?