PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff fuzz pedal

Tone2TheBone
December 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Pedal is used but is in mint condition...hardly ever used in fact. Original packaging with box, manual and EH nomenclature etc.

$40 plus $5 shipping. USPS Priority Insured.

ted s
December 30th, 2007, 11:34 PM
you cleaning house Tone ?

sunvalleylaw
December 30th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Email sent.

Tone2TheBone
December 31st, 2007, 01:14 AM
ted - ja I'm cleanink ze houseki. :)

SuperSwede
December 31st, 2007, 01:23 AM
ted - ja I'm cleanink ze houseki. :)

Jah! Cleanski ze ampski marshallossi? Sendski zu friendskie in swediski?

:D

Tone2TheBone
December 31st, 2007, 01:29 AM
Good morning Swedee interested in buyinski ze muffski then?

Email sent back atcha Stevo.

SuperSwede
December 31st, 2007, 01:31 AM
Good morning Swedee interested in buyinski ze muffski then?

Email sent back atcha Stevo.

Nein... amplificitionus a´la Marshallossy jubilee :)

Tone2TheBone
December 31st, 2007, 01:33 AM
Nein... amplificitionus a´la Marshallossy jubilee :)

Nein comrade and I don't know how to say sorry in dat languagenessski. :rotflmao:

SuperSwede
December 31st, 2007, 01:36 AM
Nein comrade and I don't know how to say sorry in dat languagenessski. :rotflmao:

"Sorry seems to be the hardest word" according to our friend and comrade Mr Elton.

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 08:24 AM
Jah! Cleanski ze ampski marshallossi? Sendski zu friendskie in swediski?

:D
Yeah! Do we get to look at your sig & decide what we want to buy at Tone's New Year's Cleaning sale-ski?

marnold
December 31st, 2007, 09:38 AM
A Møøse once bit my sister ...

Tone2TheBone
December 31st, 2007, 09:52 AM
Don't miss your chance for this one of a kind offer......

...and it wouldn't be home without you guys screwing up my ads all the time! :D

sunvalleylaw
December 31st, 2007, 03:46 PM
Don't miss your chance for this one of a kind offer......

...and it wouldn't be home without you guys screwing up my ads all the time! :D

Sent you another email. :)

Tone2TheBone
December 31st, 2007, 04:09 PM
Sent you another email. :)

Hey thanks and I'll go read the other email!

Tone2TheBone
December 31st, 2007, 04:19 PM
Email sent Stevie! Thanks for your patronage.

This pedal is SOLD!

SuperSwede
January 1st, 2008, 04:21 AM
Email sent Stevie! Thanks for your patronage.

This pedal is SOLD!

Does this mean that we can stop posting strange stuff in this thread and concentrate on your next ad? ;)

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2008, 09:26 AM
Does this mean that we can stop posting strange stuff in this thread and concentrate on your next ad? ;)
No!

Now about that Møøse.

SuperSwede
January 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
No!

Now about that Møøse.

We have huge mooses here (observe: not Moses, the little boy floating around i a basket). They wander around the highways and cause a lot of car accidents.
Luckily they taste pretty good so we have a lot of hunters trying to decimate their numbers.

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2008, 10:39 AM
We have huge mooses here (observe: not Moses, the little boy floating around i a basket). They wander around the highways and cause a lot of car accidents.
Luckily they taste pretty good so we have a lot of hunters trying to decimate their numbers.

We have some good sized ones here as well. Once in a while, one will wander through town!

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005117525

Tone2TheBone
January 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM
You should have already received your fuzz pedal svl.

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Wasn't here yesterday, but will check today again. Sometimes it takes a day extra to up here. Looking forward to it!

Tone2TheBone
January 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Let me know when you get it.

pes_laul
January 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM
tone another noob question Ive heard of electro hsrmonix "muffs" now what exactly is a "muff" and what do they do. I know they have different kinds like little or big or metal what is the difference between different kinds

Tone2TheBone
January 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Dude there's a whole bunch of difference in the EH Muffs. Or at least some say. There's different kinds, different batches and models etc.

I only used the Little Big Muff and I've never owned any other. Here's a good place to start searching for more info though. There's another good one out there somewhere but I don't have it bookmarked anymore and I can't find it.

http://electroharmonix.ronsound.com/

Look at all the links concerning the Big Muff.

duhvoodooman
January 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
The EH Muff series of fuzz boxes has almost as much mystique & hype surrounding it as the Ibanez Tube Screamers. They go way back to the early '70's and were used by many of the big names. There are several prized vintage versions, and you'll come across statements about how the "Ram's Head" versions were better or worse than the "Triangle" versions, or that the Russian pedals are better/worse than the US-made ones, yada, yada, yada....

There's even a Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Muff

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Muff sound, but a lot of players love 'em. I built a clone kit version of the Triangle era Muff and modded it to add some tonal flexibility, but it just never grabbed me. I sent it to Tone for him to check out (before he bought this one that he just sold), but the good ol' US Postal Service managed to lose it. And (like an idiot) I didn't send it insured.... :reallymad:

Tone2TheBone
January 9th, 2008, 04:11 PM
The EH Muff series of fuzz boxes has almost as much mystique & hype surrounding it as the Ibanez Tube Screamers. They go way back to the early '70's and were used by many of the big names. There are several prized vintage versions, and you'll come across statements about how the "Ram's Head" versions were better or worse than the "Triangle" versions, or that the Russian pedals are better/worse than the US-made ones, yada, yada, yada....

There's even a Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Muff

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Muff sound, but a lot of players love 'em. I built a clone kit version of the Triangle era Muff and modded it to add some tonal flexibility, but it just never grabbed me. I sent it to Tone for him to check out (before he bought this one that he just sold), but the good ol' US Postal Service managed to lose it. And (like an idiot) I didn't send it insured.... :reallymad:

I get sick to my stomach anytime the memory of that comes back. :puke:

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2008, 12:36 AM
On the other hand, this pedal arrived, insured and in excellent condition. Might have been new as far as I can tell. Lots of fun so far, and I am just getting started! Thanks Tone!

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
On the other hand, this pedal arrived, insured and in excellent condition. Might have been new as far as I can tell. Lots of fun so far, and I am just getting started! Thanks Tone!

You're welcome man!...and yet another happy customer!

Justaguyin_nc
January 12th, 2008, 07:45 AM
tone another noob question Ive heard of electro hsrmonix "muffs" now what exactly is a "muff" and what do they do. I know they have different kinds like little or big or metal what is the difference between different kinds

This link might answer some questions for you...

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=213

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Here is a test clip of my new Muff pedal courtesy of Tone. I like playing around with this thing! This clip is my strat into the Muff, into the amp, then mic'd through the Toneport into the computer, no additional effects other than Gearbox's standard mic setup.

I blow a transition note or two but it is as good as it was going to get tonight. LOL!! I am going to put this backer up for folks to play on too in the appropriate section.

http://www.box.net/shared/9puvk7rsws

Tone2TheBone
January 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I'm glad you're digging that muff Steve. It seems to suit your style nicely dude! Good recording bro!