PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Dunlop Cry Baby Classic W/ Fasel

Tone2TheBone
December 30th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Wah wah pedaling at it's finest. This one again was hardly engaged. Unit is used but in mint condition. Comes with original box.

$70 plus $15 shipping. USPS Priority Insured.

Edited: for corrected shipping costs

duhvoodooman
January 1st, 2008, 01:07 PM
Nice wah pedal. I'd give it a go if I didn't already have my Dunlop 535Q. C'mon--gotta be somebody here who needs this! My own pedalmania notwithstanding, a good wah is a MUST in any rock guitarist's arsenal! :rockon:

pes_laul
January 1st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Tone one question: what is a fasel switch when I got mine I had the option to get one but I didnt. what does it do?

duhvoodooman
January 1st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Not sure if Tone will be around today, so lemme throw in 2 cents or so:

An inductor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor) is not a switch, it's a passive electrical component that is at the heart of what makes a wah pedal "wah". Without getting into a lot of theoretical mumbo-jumbo, the inductor in a wah pedal, in combination with a couple of other components, forms a variable capacitor. The effect creates a resonant peak that is swept up or down in frequency by moving the pedal (which turns a potentiometer back & forth and varies the capacitance), giving the wah its characteristic "a-a-a-a-h" to "o-o-o-o-h" modulation.

Many of the early Vox/CryBaby models used an inductor sourced from an Italian company, labeled as "Fasel". These were reputed to have the most pleasing and vocal-like tone and response. They went out of production in the early 80's, I think, but were brought back by Dunlop for use in the CryBaby Classic and some other wah models. How close these inductors are to the original Fasels I have no idea, though I would expect Dunlop to have done their homework and gotten pretty close.

If you want to read a lot more details about how wah pedals work and the "magic" behind the Fasel inductor, there's a comprehensive article by effects wizard R.G. Keen available HERE (http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/wahpedl/wahped.htm)....

pes_laul
January 1st, 2008, 02:37 PM
ok that make sense

Tone2TheBone
January 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for jumping on this for me Voo. :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
January 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
The Cry Baby sale's pending.

Ro3b I sent you a PM about the shipping......:messedup:

Tone2TheBone
January 16th, 2008, 09:51 AM
This pedal is sold! Yet another happy customer!!