PDA

View Full Version : Cold New Years Eve

just strum
December 31st, 2007, 08:08 AM
It's 26 degrees F here and our furnace went down at 8:00 last night - I'm freezing my A$$ off. Hands and nose are really cold. No furnace and blood thinners do not mix.

robert43
December 31st, 2007, 08:15 AM
Come to our place its about 20 degree C ( to give you a idea water frezzes at 0 c & boils at 100 c )
During the day its 37C ( same as body temp)

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 08:26 AM
It's 26 degrees F here and our furnace went down at 8:00 last night - I'm freezing my A$$ off. Hands and nose are really cold. No furnace and blood thinners do not mix.
D@mn! I was going to send out the St Bernard with the barrel of rum around his neck.

warren0728
December 31st, 2007, 09:11 AM
70 here this morning...will get up to about 77! :beer:

ww

Robert
December 31st, 2007, 09:11 AM
Tot, send that animal here instead. We have minus 20 Celsius.

R_of_G
December 31st, 2007, 09:21 AM
High of 76 today in Tampa. Brrrrrrrr. I may have to wear long sleeves to the new year's party tonight:rotflmao:

just strum
December 31st, 2007, 10:58 AM
R_of_G and Warren, thank you for those weather reports, it makes it so much more tolorable knowing that you two, or should I say three (robert43) are comfortable.

Canada Robert - I feel for ya buddy.

Happy to report the furnace is fixed.

I put new brakes on the car yesterday and one of the things I hate to do in the cold, it's working on cars. I guess that is the price for accepting responsibility - responsibility sucks, I should have been a rock star.:rockon:

Childbride
December 31st, 2007, 11:13 AM
Strum, glad you got the furnace fixed!

it's about 60 right now, but it's going to be in the 20's tonight... definitely taking a jacket to the fireworks display/party tonight! :pancake: :beer:

just strum
December 31st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Strum, glad you got the furnace fixed!

it's about 60 right now, but it's going to be in the 20's tonight... definitely taking a jacket to the fireworks display/party tonight! :pancake: :beer:

To CB and the rest of you.

Have an enjoyable New Year, but more importantly, have a safe New Year.

warren0728
December 31st, 2007, 11:34 AM
Have an enjoyable New Year, but more importantly, have a safe New Year.
just me and the kids tonight...should be pretty safe!

last year was pretty rough for me...here's to a better 2008! :beer:

ww :greenguitar:

pes_laul
December 31st, 2007, 11:43 AM
normally it's been like 20 degrees farenheight here but for some reason it's gonna get up to like 50 here.

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Tot, send that animal here instead. We have minus 20 Celsius.

sllluuUUuuurrppp...huh, wha ?

Oh, sorry Robert too late.

Uuhhh, do you want the dog?

Robert
December 31st, 2007, 06:04 PM
If it's got rum - hell yeah.

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 06:13 PM
If it's got rum - hell yeah.
Nope just a Bernard with an empty barrel...there's nothing sadder.

sunvalleylaw
December 31st, 2007, 06:59 PM

Hah, it was below 0 F here when I started my ski instruction day with my guests this morning at 8:30A. It is supposed to be below 0 F tonight. So 26 sounds downright balmy! Except, our gas forced air works. :D Stay warm and Happy New Year!

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 07:13 PM
It's been a balmy 19-21 F at the house here for the last few days. I know because of my snazzy new weather station Christmas gift.:AOK:
Headed for 5 F tonight but since we are a little bit off the valley floor it might stay a little warmer at the house. I still think I'll forgo my usual New Years streak down Main Street. :eek:

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 07:24 PM
It's been a balmy 19-21 F at the house here for the last few days. I know because of my snazzy new weather station Christmas gift.:AOK:
Headed for 5 F tonight but since we are a little bit off the valley floor it might stay a little warmer at the house. I still think I'll forgo my usual New Years streak down Main Street. :eek:
Concerned about shrinkage?

Radioboy950
December 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Hockey weather here too, boys.
Tuned into the Red Wings/Blues game at this very moment, waiting for it to snow. The weather guys claim 4 to 8 inches for us here in DEE troit.
Lovely...just lovely.:messedup:

just strum
December 31st, 2007, 07:37 PM
Hockey weather here too, boys.
Tuned into the Red Wings/Blues game at this very moment, waiting for it to snow. The weather guys claim 4 to 8 inches for us here in DEE troit.
Lovely...just lovely.:messedup:

I thought I was watching a hockey game one night and it turned out to be the Jerry Springer Show.

WO6l64Txz2w

Radioboy950
December 31st, 2007, 07:52 PM
I thought I was watching a hockey game one night and it turned out to be the Jerry Springer show
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

http://hockeyfights.com/videos/

just strum
December 31st, 2007, 07:55 PM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

http://hockeyfights.com/videos/

Hockey fan with a sense of humor. Whew, dodged a bullet there or at least a fist:D

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 10:33 PM
Concerned about shrinkage?

You never cease to amaze me. :master: :rotflmao: