PDA

View Full Version : Vox Dilemma

piebaldpython
December 31st, 2007, 08:42 AM
Ok, here goes: The Vox DA15 and Vox AD15VT have the identical special effects. The DA15 amp models seems to be variations off the same type amp but in different settings (crunch, blues, hi gain, etc). The AD15 amp models are based on classic amps (AC30, UK, nu-metal). I want to play blues/slide so which might be best for me, especially if I add a pedal or two (Bad Monkey)???? My thought is that the AD15 could have a bunch of amp models that I don't really care for or need where the DA15 seems to have more that I can manipulate more to my liking. Comments please. Oh, how does the DA15 react to pedals?? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

marnold
December 31st, 2007, 09:37 AM
It appears that the DA series are all solid state whereas the AD (aka Valvetronix line) have a single tube between a solid state pre and post amp. My vote would be for the AD15VT. If you can swing it, try moving up to the AD30VT which, besides being bigger, has an attenuator so you can drive the tube hard but still keep the volume levels reasonable.

R_of_G
December 31st, 2007, 09:39 AM
I can only speak to my own experience as an AD15VT owner. I have found it very useful, very versatile as far as what you can get from the built-in effects and modeling, and it seems to take pedals very well. I have not used the DA so can't offer much there.

markb
December 31st, 2007, 03:55 PM
The models are about the same but with different names. The big advantage with the AD is that you can store two programmes and recall them either by footswitch or panel button. There is no memory facility on the DA.

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 05:45 PM
My guess goes to the AD15VT as well, but I've never played the DA series.

Big K
January 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
the AD series has much better tone to my tired ears than the DA series...