PDA

View Full Version : Another friend in low places!

Fat Strings
December 31st, 2007, 01:32 PM
That's right kids, another Bass player. I'm actually the bass player in Lagrange Calvert's band, Second Chance at Eden. Thought I'd join and share in the fun!

FS!

just strum
December 31st, 2007, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the party.

warren0728
December 31st, 2007, 01:37 PM
welcome Fat Strings....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
December 31st, 2007, 01:50 PM
Welcome, Fat Strings! :)

R_of_G
December 31st, 2007, 02:16 PM
Welcome FatStrings. I play a bit of bass in addition to guitar and would like to work a lot more on my bass playing. Hope you enjoy it here.:AOK:

oldguy
December 31st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome to TheFret!:D Glad you joined us, Fat Strings, lots of fun around here!:rotflmao:

(Watch out for some of the other nuts around here....they'll shorten your handle to Fat S.):messedup:
:D :D :D

Fat Strings
December 31st, 2007, 02:31 PM
That's cool....they wouldn't be far off par! What can I say, I likes to eat!

FS

oldguy
December 31st, 2007, 02:42 PM
Me too. When I'm laid off work (during winter) I lay around, eat, play guitar......and, at my age......take naps!!:confused: :thwap:

What kind/brands of equipment do you have and/or use (and what's your favorite setup playing live)??

Adrian30
December 31st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Welcome Fat Strings!

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Hi ya Fatty. Welcome to thefret. Any friend of Lagrange's is welcome here. So tell us about you gear. We love that stuff.

duhvoodooman
December 31st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Welcome to TheFret, FS!! Glad to have you here. Now, where the heck did I put that book of bass player jokes??? It's around here somewhere.... ;)

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Great! Soon we'll be letting drummers join ;).

What the h#ll, let the heathens bust down the gate...let's party!

FS, I love the bass, those are strings with soul.

warren0728
December 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
I love the bass, those are strings with soul.
i love the bass a lot more after watching jeff beck's bassist on the crossroads 2 dvd at chicago!! :drool:

ww

M29
December 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM
Welcome FS :AOK:

M

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 07:06 PM
i love the bass a lot more after watching jeff beck's bassist on the crossroads 2 dvd at chicago!! :drool:

ww

Guess who is single and making pancakes?:whatever:

LagrangeCalvert
December 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ehh....do I really got to welcome you?

Welcome Dan Snow From Addyston Ohio.....whose phone number is - JUST KIDDING! This jerkface has been playing bass for 11 months and he plays like he's been playing for 9 years. Just remember....you talk sh*t to me and I'm selling MY Bass rig.....and my-your basses!

Just kidding........ You probably have more talent than me....and I'm the one who has been playing for 20 years.

LC.

just strum
December 31st, 2007, 07:22 PM
Ehh....do I really got to welcome you?

Welcome Dan Snow From Addyston Ohio.....whose phone number is - JUST KIDDING! This jerkface has been playing bass for 11 months and he plays like he's been playing for 9 years. Just remember....you talk sh*t to me and I'm selling MY Bass rig.....and my-your basses!

Geez, if this is how you treat the bass player, the drummer must take a real beating.

mrmudcat
December 31st, 2007, 07:39 PM
welcome

GREENMACHINE
December 31st, 2007, 08:00 PM
Geez, if this is how you treat the bass player, the drummer must take a real beating.

Welcome FS

Hey Strum
Yeah hehe, lucky I play guitar ay haha.

Laterz
GREENMACHINE <---- :D (Greenie)

warren0728
December 31st, 2007, 09:18 PM
Guess who is single...
not by choice though....divorce sucks :messedup:

ww

Guitar Gal
December 31st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome FS :beer:

GG

sunvalleylaw
December 31st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Welcome! I have listened to and enjoyed your stuff through Lagrange's participation. Great stuff! Thanks for joining.

Sblack
January 1st, 2008, 06:35 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Fat Strings! I really dig your band's material over at myspace. Keep rockin'! :AOK:

luvmyshiner
January 1st, 2008, 01:05 PM
Welcome Fat Strings!

Fat Strings
January 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, except for you Lagrange....you can kiss my boot. As far the gear...here ya go.
Kustom Groove Bass 210 Combo
600W SS equipped with 2 10" eminence speakers. This thing provides so much low end it's crazy. For now I've bypassed the SS pre-amp on this rig and have gone with an ART tube pre-amp straight into the power amp in. I've been searching for a decent head with a tube pre amp so for now, this is working great. I've been trying to find that warm sound with vintage tone and so far so good, even though I can't use the rig's equipped 9 band EQ. I'm playing a Peavey Milestone BXP Jazz bass with Elixer strings (.45, .65, .85, .105). I'm also using a short scale Ibanez with P and J pups equipped with D'Addario super bright strings with the same gauge as my Peavey. The Ibanez is tuned to D standard though as a few of our songs are played down there. I have experimented with a Dan-electro Fab overdrive pedal..............it's a different sound, that's for sure! This set up seems to work well for what we play. I mean, sure I want an Ampeg SVT-CL mated to 2 810 cabs.........but then again, we don't play 80,000 seat venues...yet :p

FS

LowEndWonder
January 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
Im a fellow fatty too. Bass player and like to eat! :rotflmao:
It's a cool sit here you'll like it!

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Welcome!

I sometimes play bass too.

Jeez, 600W! I need bigger guns, my SVT fridge is not getting pushed by the 200 watter I have.

Fat Strings
January 4th, 2008, 08:10 AM
200w isn't going to do much against the 810 cab. An SVT-CL or SVT-4 PRO would def do the trick! I couldn't imagine playing in front of that thing.....talk about a warm and fuzzy feeling all over!

FS

Tone2TheBone
January 4th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Here's a late welcome! :)

Kazz
January 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Sorry I missed out on this FS.....better a late welcome than never I guess....glad you made it over here with the rest of us nutz.