PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing about my old '51 -- GASsing for another.

Sblack
January 1st, 2008, 10:11 AM
I posted this over at FDP but thought the fine folks at The Fret would have good advice. . .

I am GASsing for another '51. I have owned and modded four '51s in the past two years. I have a GFS bridge, tuners, and black pickguard waiting for a '51. The only place I see them for sale is on eBay from what looks like a reputable dealer (Lighthouse_Sound). They are going for $150.00 (including shipping). I remember the good old days when I got my blonde off of Musician's Friend for $80.00 and free shipping. Blondes are selling on eBay for $299.00!? Anyway, why am I tempted to buy a new black '51 off of ebay for the original selling price? It is not like it's an outrageous deal anymore. Sam Ash had them last month for $99.00 and free shipping. But no one has them now -- when I really want one. I am going to think about it for a day, I guess. :confused:

Robert
January 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM
If you really like it, go ahead and pay up! Why not, it's your guitar and just because you could have had it for less earlier doesn't mean there's anything wrong with paying more for it now. Anything can be had for money.... :D

marnold
January 1st, 2008, 11:41 AM
If you are REALLY interested and you wouldn't mind another blonde one, PM me. We could perchance work something out . . .

oldguy
January 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM
I dunno.... the Beatles said "Money can't buy me love"...:rotflmao:

Seriously, if you want it, get it. In 1960 you could buy a Gibson Les Paul for $300, and it came with a hardshell case. I was only 6 yrs. old at the time, but now I wish I'd bought 3 or 4 of them anyway.:messedup: :messedup: :messedup:

Sblack
January 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM
If you are REALLY interested and you wouldn't mind another blonde one, PM me. We could perchance work something out . . .
Thanks, marnold. But the black on black with maple is the vibe I really want on this one. I even already have a 500K alpha pot for the volume, GFS Lil' killer for the neck p'up, and a GFS Crunchy PAF for the bridge p'up. I am going to e-mail some specific questions to the seller about the condition of the guitar. If all pans out, I think I might be a '51 owner/modder yet again.