PDA

View Full Version : vindicated on new year's eve

Childbride
January 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
[she says in a considerate whisper... (yesssssss...)]:)

so back to Shiner's picture of last night, a house with 30ish young men and some old farts like us... smattering of young'uns.

the young men are playing this new phenomenon, something called rock band? [learn a real instrument, already, then i'll be impressed]

they are jamming away on all these songs that i've heard but don't really 'know'...

o, then Blasphemy. they start playing ozzy, metallica, bon jovi, boc, et al, and slaughtering the lyrics and the timing.

i can't watch.

then there's a large movement to the 'spoons' tournament, and suddenly it's only three guys and me, sitting there staring at the tv screen where the game is loaded.

i pick up the mike. [y'all, this is really something. if you think i'm scared of playing in front of people, singing is a whole nother category]

i ask the one to my left...

'hey, couldja load up boc?'

'who?

[sigh]

'don't fear the reaper'

'o, yeah, ok'

i got a 97.

booyeah. put the mike down after blowing the smoke off it and called it a new years. :beer: :pancake:

Happy 2008 to all my Fretter Friends!
k

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2008, 10:18 AM
Nice! Bring those dudes to their knees!

warren0728
January 1st, 2008, 10:18 AM
very cool cb....you came....you saw...you kicked their ***! :rockon:

ww

just strum
January 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Rock Band Band - I asked my kids about it for weeks and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about - VH1 has been promoting it forever, but I heard nothing about it other than their promotion - figured it was to compete with Guitar Hero (another one I know nothing about).

Geez, these guitars of mine must be considered relics, sort of like a TV that cannot operate with a remote:whatever:

luvmyshiner
January 1st, 2008, 01:08 PM
Gotta admit it was a little disturbing to watch those kids pushing a bunch of buttons and acting like they were playing guitar. When we broke out the real guitars later in the evening they just starred at us like we were holding some sort of weird alien technology!