PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart Little Giant Combo

piebaldpython
January 1st, 2008, 10:31 AM
NOOB here so I apologise. I looked at the BLG combo and want to know 2 things: 1) Can you hook up headphones to it so the rest of the house doesn't have to suffer?? ahahha I didn't see a headphone line.
2) How does it sound if you put pedals in front of it?
I'm considering the BLG combo versus the Vox AD30VT. I only play blues or slide (ZZ Top, SRV, Albert Collins, etc), so I'm looking for the best bang for my buck to get anything from a clean sound to some bluesy growling. At some point I'll probably get a Bad Monkey pedal for effects but that's about it. The headphones are a dealbreaker for me by the way. Gotta be able to use 'em. Thanks!!!

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'd be very surprised if the Blackheart head had a headphones out.

By the way, the headphone out on the AD30VT comes before the Valvereactor circuit with the 12AX7, so it doesn't have the same feel as playing it out loud. But then again, it probably sounds like the DA series.

Spudman
January 1st, 2008, 03:53 PM
No headphone outs.
It takes pedals very well.
Try the Vox out at a store before you buy either. It's going to be more bang for the buck. The BH is a one trick pony.

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2008, 08:02 PM
No headphone outs.
It takes pedals very well.
Try the Vox out at a store before you buy either. It's going to be more bang for the buck. The BH is a one trick pony.
I guess it depends on your needs. I tend to use my VOX as as 1-3 trick pony & I like the sound & feel of the Champion 600 better for now. I'm sure that as I progress, I will rediscover the incredible range of the VOX.