PDA

View Full Version : Still in Love with You BT

oldguy
January 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
The Thin Lizzy tune. Nice, melodic, Cmaj/Am based tune. About 7:45 long.

http://www.box.net/shared/8ty7ojc4k0

And me playing around with it, trying out some RP-250 tweaks, and Audacity.

http://www.box.net/shared/75vq9f1r4o

SuperSwede
January 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Nice one Oldguy! :)

helliott
January 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Nicely played, sir. Love the sustain. Great BT. I'll have to have a shot at it in the next few days. Thanks for sharing your lead and the BT.:bravo:

oldguy
January 12th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Nicely played, sir. Love the sustain. Great BT. I'll have to have a shot at it in the next few days. Thanks for sharing your lead and the BT.:bravo:

Thank you. Yes have a go at it when you have time, it's one of those BT's that let you go many different directions w/ your playing and remain flexible.
It is bluesy, very melodic, slightly haunting, and resolves nicely towards the end, IMHO.
No, I didn't make the BT.....:whatever:

ted s
January 12th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Nice Glenn !

Spudman
January 13th, 2008, 02:47 PM
This is such a great backing track I had to give it a go as well. Thanks for putting it up OG. At 8 minutes long it really makes me examine what I can do instrumentally for that length of time and still say something valid.

http://www.box.net/shared/u3m6h0944g (http://www.box.net/shared/u3m6h0944g)

Justaguyin_nc
January 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

This is the best reason for the applause smiley...

Really enjoyed your take OldGuy...
it got me messing with Gary Moore sounds..
Got me doing one hand fretting and playing for those screaming solos ....
Course nothing as good as your sound.. But.. its all fun!!
it made me do more and more...
Great backing!
:rockon:

Justaguyin_nc
January 13th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Whoa... no sooner I thanked OLDGuy..Spuds puts one up!!
Listening to it now... gotta find that applause again!!
:bravo: :bravo:
Great tone spudman! Even greater licks! :master:

You guys really inspire.... :dude:

ted s
January 13th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Wow Spuds, you don't put any recordings out too often for us to enjoy.. why TF not !?! smokin buddy, smokin !

We need a "smokin!" smilie..

SuperSwede
January 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Listening right now too... Another Spudtastic recording.. Luke?

Spudman
January 13th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Listening right now too... Another Spudtastic recording.. Luke?
Sorry but no Luke for a couple of months.
This was done with the Aria STG8. A rare guitar that is almost impossible to find anything out about. Alder Strat body, 2 hums, 3 way selector, coil taps, Floyd and it was the POD with the Blues Reduction patch you sent me.

ET335
January 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Wow Spuds, you don't put any recordings out too often for us to enjoy.. why TF not !?! smokin buddy, smokin !

We need a "smokin!" smilie..

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
I Agree with ted...should hear more form you Spud...Great tone and playing..
very well done Spud,I enjoyed it very much:AOK: :dude:

sunvalleylaw
January 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
That was GREAT you guys! :bravo: Two totally different approaches and sounds, each really nice of their own accord. I downloaded both to compare and contrast and learn from. Thanks for sharing. As far as I am concerned, I would urge anyone who is thinking just a little bit about recording and posting here to do so. Even though you have to take a big gulp and hit "Post", it is ultimately very rewarding. Who cares if it sounds just like you hear it in your head, or whatever. It is such a great opportunity to be able to do it and get feedback. I posted once very early on after joining, then waited a long time before doing it again, due to trouble with my recording set up, time, cahones, etc. It was sure nice to start it up again.

I really appreciate that the more experienced and skilled post also. I feel like I learn from everyone's posts. Thanks OG and Spud for contributing, and esp. to OG for keeping these backers coming. :beer:

Spudman
January 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'm glad that you guys like it. Thanks for the support.

just strum
January 13th, 2008, 06:36 PM
...due to trouble with my recording set up, time, cahones, etc.

Unless this is another reference to only having one, pleazzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I find that hard to believe.

Really nice job guys.

It's great to hear this kind of stuff and serves as an inspiration (I know I'm repeating my earlier posts), but it also reminds me how the journey keeps going and going and... sort of like that damn bunny.

Gotta go, it's playing through for the third time.

oldguy
January 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Spudman.......:AOK: :AOK: :bravo: :bravo: :beer:
Loved your take on this...very tasty licks.:master:
Fine playing too, btw.

oldguy
January 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Here's a beautiful live performance if anyone would like to see it.
Just one more reason to have GAS for a Paul.....:whatever:
:D :D :D

XsIubn5Pp6s

Justaguyin_nc
January 13th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Even though you have to take a big gulp and hit "Post", it is ultimately very rewarding. Who cares if it sounds just like you hear it in your head, or whatever. :beer:
NOTE: Beginner Warning!!

They inspire.. that's for sure... Thanks again guys..
now forgive me..lol
I finally put the gains up so high I dont have to pick unless I want to..lol..
A NEW EXPERIENCE FOR ME!:thwap:
and like you said sunvalley..does not matter.. justa GULP and post it..
Although Spuds and OG make it sound so good..
in our beginner minds..we make it sound good to..
(least till the next day we hear it..lol)

With that said.. used my OLP with the toneport to get my screaming solo
for 2:45 on the seven minutes..
someone gulp and jump in please..:poke:
unless its that bad..lol:whatever:

http://www.box.net/shared/udt5d2xy8c

sunvalleylaw
January 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM
NOTE: Beginner Warning!!

:thwap:
and like you said sunvalley..does not matter.. justa GULP and post it..
Although Spuds and OG make it sound so good..
in our beginner minds..we make it sound good to..
(least till the next day we hear it..lol)

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: That's the spirit Justa!!! I have to say, you have been one of my inspirations in posting my "less than rock star" stuff as well. Thanks man!! I like this one a lot. I did not hear it early enough to work something up tonight, but I will try and hop in sometime this week. Anyone beat me to it?! :beer:

sunvalleylaw
January 13th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Unless this is another reference to only having one, pleazzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I find that hard to believe.

Yah, I guess that should be cajones, eh? ;)

Spudman
January 14th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Justa - fantastic job. I hear some big improvements in your playing. Way to go.:bravo:

One suggestion I have for you is to make your guitar a bit drier than you have it. Leave the delay length as it is but just reduce the wetness level. It doesn't sound as if you are a part of the piece that you playing with. You need your sound to fit in a little more. :AOK:

Justaguyin_nc
January 14th, 2008, 01:27 AM
thanks guys...and spudman..thanks for the tip.. I need as many as I can get!! and usually follow through on them.. thanks..

oldguy
January 14th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Hey, Justa........:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
You're always improving, that was some nice playing, getting more melodic all the time, brother.:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

jasongins
January 14th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I tinkered with this a little bit on Sunday night. I'll try to get something posted soon.

SuperSwede
January 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
:AOK: Justa, very neat recording.. Your sense of melody is great my friend. Keep it up!

just strum
January 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM
One suggestion I have for you is to make your guitar a bit drier than you have it. Leave the delay length as it is but just reduce the wetness level. It doesn't sound as if you are a part of the piece that you playing with. You need your sound to fit in a little more. :AOK:

Would you explain what you mean by that? I don't know what wet and dry refer to in this context.

Justa, really nice job.

Spudman
January 14th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Would you explain what you mean by that? I don't know what wet and dry refer to in this context.

Wet is in reference to delay and reverb usually.
To say that a 'sound' is really wet means that there is a lot of delay, reverb or some other effect. To say that someones 'playing' is wet might just get you hit so be careful how you use wet.

oldguy
January 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
That might explain why everyone used to tell me I was "all wet" when I set my Fender amp's reverb on 8, when everyone else set theirs on 4......... and why I'd chase the van from the club yelling "Hey, guys! Wait up! C'mon, guys, wait up!"
That was a long walk home, carrying that Super and that Tele........:rotflmao:

Adrian30
January 14th, 2008, 07:40 PM
OG, Spud and Justa, great work! I truly enjoyed your takes!
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :master:

Justaguyin_nc
January 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
That might explain why everyone used to tell me I was "all wet" when I set my Fender amp's reverb on 8, when everyone else set theirs on 4......... and why I'd chase the van from the club yelling "Hey, guys! Wait up! C'mon, guys, wait up!"
That was a long walk home, carrying that Super and that Tele........:rotflmao:

Thats why I own my own truck!! :rotflmao:

Strum, I actually asked Spuds that in a private message...don't feel alone not knowing meanings..lol.. in my case..turn down my mix setting a bit.. a bit..
hey, we gotta learn sometime huh...:) and with spuds, OG etc. etc.. we will eventually!

:dude:

ted s
January 14th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Nice job Justa ! :AOK: that what Justa great... ;)