PDA

View Full Version : G.a.s. !

LowEndWonder
January 1st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Boy, im gassing for a Gallien Krueger 700/RB1X15 combo!
Iv'e been offered to join a band as bassist and I need something with a little oomph!
At 380 watts, it should do the trick. Plus, the guitarist runs everything through his own sound system anyway so 380 watts is more than plenty.
Im gonna trade in my Bassman 150 and pay the difference via Credit.
He does two to three gigs a month and each member makes a $100 bucks a gig!
Not bad! I could pay off my GC card with that $$.
I can't wait. Not only to play, but to play through that 380 watt MONSTER! :dude: :drool: :beavisnbutthead: :cool: :rockon:

Algonquin
January 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM
380 Watts... Wow! And to think, I've been eyballing a 22 watt guitar amp:confused:

That kind of power has to have some impressive tones to it. :AOK:

Good luck, and have fun shopping!

marnold
January 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
380 Watts... Wow! And to think, I've been eyballing a 22 watt guitar amp:confused:
380W is a big amp no matter how you slice it. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of a combo that powerful. Having said that, the human ear does not hear bass frequencies as well as the guitar's midrange ones. Thus you need a lot more power just to keep up with the guitar to say nothing of the drums.

I tried to look that model up, but a Google search turned up nothing.

LowEndWonder
January 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Actually in all its 430 watts. 380 watts just goes to the woofer, another 50 watts goes to the horn.

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM
Actually in all its 430 watts. 380 watts just goes to the woofer, another 50 watts goes to the horn.
That's why the bassist really rules the room.

LowEndWonder
January 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM
380W is a big amp no matter how you slice it. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of a combo that powerful. Having said that, the human ear does not hear bass frequencies as well as the guitar's midrange ones. Thus you need a lot more power just to keep up with the guitar to say nothing of the drums.

I tried to look that model up, but a Google search turned up nothing.
Go on Guitar Center.com you'll find it there. Musicians Friend too.
I'd post a pic, but I don't know how to here?
Do you need to use photobucket?

oldguy
January 1st, 2008, 08:19 PM
Bass frequencies have a longer throw than midrange. Most bass players I've worked with couldn't hear themselves very well 10 feet in front of their amphs, but 50 ft. out in the audience they were blasting people loose from their chairs, in a closed room environment.

markb
January 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
In the last band I played in I used a Fender Blues Jr, 15w while the bassist used a 200w Ashdown combo. Guess who got asked to turn it down most often? Bass frequencies need a real push behind them.

Fat Strings
January 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
380W is a big amp no matter how you slice it. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of a combo that powerful.

I'm playing through a Kustom 210 Combo that throws out 600W@3ohms.......I'm eyeballing the head version that is 1200W:AOK:

FS

Fat Strings
January 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Here is a link to a little info about the combo.

http://www.theibanezstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=778

FS

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm eyeballing the head version that is 1200W
:eek: Yikes!! But I suppose that way you can always go into building demolition as a backup career, if you guys don't win the battle of the bands on Saturday! ;)

(Best of luck w/ that, BTW!! :rockon: )

Fat Strings
January 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I figured that I can get the 1200W at a VERY good price, why not go for it! Virtual unlimited headroom, ready for any set up I can throw at it........I think just the fact that I know I could go louder would make me a happy boy, but at the same time I think that it would be tetering on the edge of overkill....

FS