PDA

View Full Version : My Floyd and My AD30VT

marnold
January 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
Since I was sitting in my office, basking in the afterglow of Michigan's victory over Florida, I picked up my Floyd and started noodling with the single coils. On a lark, I decided to try the Black 2x12 model instead of my usual Tweed 4x10 for a blues sound. I'm using just slight variation of the AD30VT's preset for that amp. I cut back on the mids a bit since these single coils are mid-heavy and upped the gain a bit. I'm also using a pinch of reverb. I think I found the clarity I was missing. I A/B'd my Tweed settings and the new Black settings back-to-back and was amazed at the difference. The fourth "quack" position is now usable instead of turning into indefinable nothingness. It still doesn't make these pups "teh bestest single coils evar," but it does suddenly put me in a not very big hurry to swap them out.

Thank heavens for life's little victories, eh?

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
Good discovery! Isn't it great when something like that happens? Congrats on the game too. Even though I'm a Pac 10 guy, I'll always pick a Big 10 team, esp. Michigan, over a Florida team. ;-)

warren0728
January 1st, 2008, 06:18 PM
well i went to the university of florida and of course am still drowning my sorrows about today's game....but i must say...michigan deserved to win....they definitely played a better game....

to stay on topic i'll be sure and play some gator swamp blues with my vox!

ww :greenguitar: