PDA

View Full Version : New twin reverb

grungeiceman
January 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Ok, well im pretty set on buying this used 1992 Twin reverb that is for sale locally. Its gogin for 500 bucks. Really good condition. The only issue i have is That band im goin to use it with is more on the metal side, and i know this amp to be a good tube clean amp. It really fits my blues playing but would be to loud for home so i cant really justify buying it for jsut that, If i get a good distortion pedal will it still sound good? Im looking for a pretty metal tone, I dont knwo what are your thoughts?

grungeiceman
January 1st, 2008, 06:26 PM
I forgot to mention it is the 65' reissue, heres tha ad http://bismanonline.com/getListing.php?tcat=7&cat=57&p=1&a=96496

oldguy
January 1st, 2008, 06:38 PM
That will make you a very sweet amp, if you don't mind lugging it around. Good price, too. As for a pedal to add some grind, I'd say Radial Plexitube. Pricey, but good. I recently bought one. I have a video clip where I gave it a run through both channels. It has two, you can set it for grind, plus ultra grind. In this clip the gain is turned all the way down....... ya, it's got that much hair....all the way down.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5285

hubberjub
January 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Buy it now. Getting a good distortion sound is easy. Good clean sounds are far more difficult. This will give you a good clean to start out with and then you can add a good overdrive. The Twin is an amp that you can mature as a player with. There isn't a style of music that the Twin is out of fashion with. It will be at home on a stage playing hard rock and metal and you could start up a country band and it wouldn't be phased. At that price you can't go wrong. I don't want to read another post from you unless it contains the phrase, "I just got my new Twin."

oldguy
January 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM
Buy it now. At that price you can't go wrong. I don't want to read another post from you unless it contains the phrase, "I just got my new Twin."

+10:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:
(If you don't mind lugging it around).:D :D :D

Spudman
January 1st, 2008, 08:25 PM
I've met guys that got killer metal sounds from their Twin. Sounds like a great price too.
Even though you can carry it in one trip after a while you are going to wish that it was cut in two. They get pretty heavy, but that can be good for staying in shape and loosing weight, and if you do 3 sets of lifting it 3 times per day you'll be qualified for Mr. America. If you carry it up and down stairs 3 times per day along with the 3 lifting sets you'll qualify for Mr. Universe.;)

Moshe
January 1st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Did anyone mention that they are heavy? :rotflmao:

oldguy
January 1st, 2008, 08:40 PM
No, I said "if you don't mind lugging it around"........
the same could be said of a coffee mug, an ex-wife, a monkey on your back, or a colostomy bag........:messedup: :messedup: :messedup:

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
No, I said "if you don't mind lugging it around"........
the same could be said of a colostomy bag........:messedup: :messedup: :messedup:
You don't get any clean from one of those & the dirty?

Ain't pretty at all.

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM
Heck, I'd want it for that price. Seems like you can dirty up a Fender Twin. Neil and Crazy Horse do. I am sure you can tweak lots of dirty tones out of it, and you get that killer clean and all that headroom. Do it!

Spudman
January 1st, 2008, 09:54 PM
Heck, I'd want it for that price. Seems like you can dirty up a Fender Twin. Neil and Crazy Horse do. I am sure you can tweak lots of dirty tones out of it, and you get that killer clean and all that headroom. Do it!

Ya but you can get a colostomy bag for a lot less than 500.:D What kind of tones do those have anyway, and are they THAT heavy. I'd probably not use JBLs in MY bag.

What is a colostomy bag?

oldguy
January 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM
Coffee mug, lighter, cheaper....
Monkey on your back.....ex-wife...... you decide.:confused: :messedup:

mrmudcat
January 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Good price buy it or ill have to:D

VSTAR
January 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Don't those babies weigh like 90lbs , Great amps but way too much weight for me.

oldguy
January 5th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Buy it now. I don't want to read another post from you unless it contains the phrase, "I just got my new Twin."

I haven't seen that post yet, hubber.......did I miss it???:whatever:

grungeiceman
January 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Well, tomarrow i pick up my new twin, Even though its more watts then il probly ever use but i will indulge myself into the sounds of the reverb, as soon as i saw it, the sex appeal drew me in and i couldnt help but tell him im commited to buying it and will have to money by tomarrrow

t_ross33
January 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Hey Iceman, if you find it's not what you're after let me know. I'll gladly compensate you what you paid :D Besides, Minot is a straight shot South a few hours from me and I'm up for a road trip :pancake:

Kidding (sorta....:D) Enjoy it in good health my friend.

Trev

oldguy
January 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Well, tomarrow i pick up my new twin, Even though its more watts then il probly ever use but i will indulge myself into the sounds of the reverb, as soon as i saw it, the sex appeal drew me in and i couldnt help but tell him im commited to buying it and will have to money by tomarrrow

:D :D :D
You did the boyz 'n gurlz here proud...:beer:
:master: :master:

sunvalleylaw
January 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Hey Iceman, if you find it's not what you're after let me know. I'll gladly compensate you what you paid :D Besides, Minot is a straight shot South a few hours from me and I'm up for a road trip :pancake:

Kidding (sorta....:D) Enjoy it in good health my friend.

Trev

Same here, but my drive would be a little different. :D Congrats!

Spudman
January 6th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Don't forget to pick up some earplugs to go with it.

tot_Ou_tard
January 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Don't forget to pick up some earplugs to go with it.
With the Twin already in his hands, those'd be the 'plugs that broke the Iceman's back :eek:.

Grunge don't listen to Spud...don't pick them up, put them in your ears!

Spudman
January 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Good point...literally speaking of course. I guess nobody remembered to mention how loud the are...the Twin...not the earplugs tOt.:thwap:

grungeiceman
January 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
yeah no one mentioned that there is no low volume option with this amp, holy, its the loudest amp ive been this close to, ever, i had it up to 8, and nearly had a bowel movement,

just strum
January 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
yeah no one mentioned that there is no low volume option with this amp, holy, its the loudest amp ive been this close to, ever, i had it up to 8, and nearly had a bowel movement,

Never heard "loud" described that way :rotflmao:

grungeiceman
January 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Ohh well I forgot to mention, last week I some how lost my glasses and havent been able to see very well since, and then i saw the ad for this, so instead of using the money to get glasses i foolishly spent it on the twin, the only trouble i have semester test this week and the twin isnt going to help on those, lol

just strum
January 6th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Ohh well I forgot to mention, last week I some how lost my glasses and havent been able to see very well since, and then i saw the ad for this, so instead of using the money to get glasses i foolishly spent it on the twin, the only trouble i have semester test this week and the twin isnt going to help on those, lol

Three Words

DRUG STORE GLASSES

t_ross33
January 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Sounds like you need a new stage name:

Blind Lemon Iceman :cool:

Has a nice ring to it :AOK:

P.S. following Strum's lead to help you read this post :D

Spudman
January 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM
.. .. ..
.. .. ..
...... ...... ...... ...... ..
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
.. .. ........ .. .. .. .... ..

I put mine post in braille just in case. :D

mrmudcat
January 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM
:rotflmao: :master:

Brian Krashpad
January 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM
5 bills is a good price. Stick some metal pedal in front and you're golden.

Heavy? That's why God created casters. :D

grungeiceman
January 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
did I mention I love everything about this amp? the SRV and Hendrix tones I can pull out of it are just stunning

oldguy
January 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
did I mention I love everything about this amp? the SRV and Hendrix tones I can pull out of it are just stunning

I heard their bowel movements were, too.:D :D :bravo:
Is it heavy???:whatever: :whatever: :thwap: