PDA

View Full Version : Losing faith hurts

Jimi75
January 2nd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Have you ever lost your faith in someone? Someone who is the most important person in your life? God this hurts. Getting to know that something was going on behind your back and you did not know about it, but your feelings told you something's wrong. It is so hard to go on with that very person and make things like they used to be. Why is life so hard at times? And why did it pop up two days before Chrsitmas?

Never felt that broken before. I hope you know what I mean.

Take care and have a nice 2008 my friends.

just strum
January 2nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
Jimi, I don't know you, but please get with someone real quick and talk to them - your pain won't get fixed here, although I'm sure many are concerned.

At the very least, PM someone here that you feel you can talk/write to about this.

Jimi75
January 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Jimi, I don't know you, but please get with someone real quick and talk to them - your pain won't get fixed here, although I'm sure many are concerned.

At the very least, PM someone here that you feel you can talk/write to about this.

Hey Just, thank you for your kind word and caring. I'm fine with beautiful persons around me - please do not worry.

tot_Ou_tard
January 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Really rough, man!

Feel free to talk about it here or via pm, but also do what JS sez & talk to someone in person.

I feel for you, that's a heavy thing to deal with.

R_of_G
January 2nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Jimi, I agree with Strum. Find someone you feel comfortable talking with about it. It may not feel as if it's helping at first, but it is likely the best way for you to get through this difficult time. It may sound cliche, but time will help you. Just hang in there. If you need someone to talk to, or just to talk at, feel free to PM me.

Robert
January 2nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear this Jimi. Hang in there, and stick tight to the people you love.

warren0728
January 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
jimi,

i know exactly how you feel...

pm me if you want to talk....i'm always available...but definitely surround yourself with true friends and take it one day at a time....

i'm really sorry you have to go through whatever it is you are going through....remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

ww

Brian Krashpad
January 2nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Take care and be positive.

This may sound bad, but low times like those can make for good songs, too. Writing about things makes me feel better and empty out any negative emotions.

duhvoodooman
January 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
There are brighter days ahead, Jimi. Hope this pain fades quickly for you, though I'm sure that it won't seem that way, however long it takes. I'm sure many of us here are familiar with that same kind of pain and can really sympathize with what you're dealing with....

pes_laul
January 2nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
This may not sound like much coming from a 13 year old but I have felt the same way like when my parents went through a divorce when I was younger and then later when your 12 ask who you want to live with. And they would buy you expensive stuff to make you like one parent better than the other. Like everybody said it's best to talk to someone you know the best.

aeolian
January 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately just because we are human doesn't automatically bestow us with humanity. I hope you keep faith in those deserving of your faith.

sunvalleylaw
January 2nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hey Just, thank you for your kind word and caring. I'm fine with beautiful persons around me - please do not worry.

You know we care about you here. You will find the right one to talk to I am sure for both support and perspective. Just remember, although we regard our family and friends, they are human and humans screw up. I have no idea what is going on, but I believe in forgiveness in general. Take care of yourself friend!

Spudman
January 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Don't ask me. I'm a strong advocate for boxing gloves and guns, and that might lead to trouble. :mad:

Just remember...it's not about you...it's them. If someone shows you a high degree of disrespect get them out of your life. Life is too short and carrying distrust and ill feelings for the rest of your life is not liberating in the slightest. It can lead to serious illness and you don't need that either. Keep your self respect and dignity and do what you deem the right thing. I'm sure everyone here will stand behind you...and if you need to you can sleep on SuperSwede's couch.

Stay strong.

Adrian30
January 2nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Hang in there and stay positive, buddy. It will be fine, you're just going through some bumps. Take it one day at a time, it'll only get better.

Jimi75
January 3rd, 2008, 02:24 AM
A big thank you from the bottom of my heart to you! It feels good to read your replies.

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
A big thank you from the bottom of my heart to you! It feels good to read your replies.

It feels you good to see you post - hope you are healing.

Tone2TheBone
January 3rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
I totally agree (again) with what Spud says. Those kinds of people need to be jettisoned from your life and don't let those bad feelings control you. Move on. Friends come and go but you'll always have your family.

tjcurtin1
January 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hey Jimi,

Sorry to hear this, but hang in there. I'm sure that many of us here have had similar experiences - possibly on both sides of the picture... As Sunvalley says, we are all human and make mistakes, and we can all recover from our mistakes if we want to and have someone to work on them with. It can be hard as hell, but coming through it on the other side can be really empowering and a true growing experience. All the best to you through this rocky stretch of your journey - just remember, it is only a stretch and you'll get through it.

luvmyshiner
January 3rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Hey Jimi, been there, done that, didn't even get the friggin' t-shirt. My second divorce was particularly difficult because I had sacrificed my relationship with my children for ten years to appease her jealousy. Fortunately I found CB who not only healed me, but helped heal my relationship with my children.

Like everyone says, don't be afraid to lean on your friends right now. You need a good support network, and you'll get the chance to repay the favor at some point in the future when they need someone to lean on. Hang in there brother.

Justaguyin_nc
January 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
It happens to most Jimi.... Remember... it's your life.. that's just part of it.. Tomorrow.. your life starts again.. and what a trip.. just enjoy the best parts.. forget the bad parts the best you can.. but remember everyone is human.. anyone can let you down.. but you just bounce back and keep on going... You always have yourself.. it's the person most important to you..

best wishes.. and hey.. someone mentioned.. pickup that guitar..
that's your soul brother.. I've heard it!

stingx
January 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Jimi, everyone you meet in life has the potential of disappointing you. Some will, that's just a fact of life. The only being that I know of on the planet that will never let you down is a dog. No matter what happens to you in your life that dog will forever be by your side and stick it out with you through thick and thin.

oldguy
January 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
I love our dog, Mugsy. He was a "throwaway", somebody got him free and decided he had to go... one way or another. My wife brought him home, she housebroke him, most everything else he learned on his own. At night, he makes his rounds checking on everyone in the house, stays in each bedroom about an hour, then goes to the next. If he's not with someone in a bedroom, he's asleep in front of the front door.... just in case.:AOK: He's never growled at anyone, never tried to bite anyone.... his attitude is " If they're OK with you, they're OK with me, Dad". I even have a picture of him in my photos here. That's a sentimental oldguy for you.:pancake:

Tone2TheBone
January 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Remember...dog spelled backward is god. I guess I broke the rules huh.

;)

oldguy
January 8th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Remember...dog spelled backward is god. I guess I broke the rules huh.

;)

Nah, I always liked that one....:rotflmao:
Didn't the Egyptians have some dog-gods or something? Mebbe that's how they got those pyramids built!:beer:
Yer Friend,

yugdlo

Tone2TheBone
January 9th, 2008, 12:00 PM
haha We need a walk like an egyptian emoticon now.

enob :beer: