PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 - broke down and got one...

Robert
January 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
The kids and wife really wanted a Xbox 360... so we now have one.

We had quite a few games from the older Xbox, but it crapped out on us so we couldn't play those games anymore. We can now though, since the Xbox 360 is backwards-compatible if you install a patch.

Any must-have games for this unit? (I know there are a few, just want to hear you say it... :) )

Tone2TheBone
January 2nd, 2008, 05:27 PM
You lucky sucker!

oldguy
January 2nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
You lucky sucker!

Never heard of that game....:whatever:

:D :D

Guitar Gal
January 2nd, 2008, 05:49 PM

Sure Robert.....THEY wanted it......:rotflmao:

GG

sunvalleylaw
January 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM

We had quite a few games from the older Xbox, but it crapped out on us so we couldn't play those games anymore. We can now though, since the Xbox 360 is backwards-compatible if you install a patch.

Any must-have games for this unit? (I know there are a few, just want to hear you say it... :) )

LOL, probably not right away, but we are starting to crumble toward the Wii. :pancake: (flips virtual pancake).

Spudman
January 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
You lucky sucker!
I've never played that one either. Must be a Canadian only release. :D

So there goes Robert's running career. So are you going to get some new shoes for the couch?

Robert
January 2nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Nah, I think I'll just see if Mr. Spud here can give me some tips regarding being a couch potato.... :)

Justaguyin_nc
January 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Couch Guitar potato.. you must get the Guitar Hero for it no? :)

tunghaichuan
January 2nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
If it were me, I'd get Halo 3 (and 2 if you don't already have it). I got to play Halo 3 on my nephew's Xbox 360 over X-mas and it was totally cool. The graphics were phenominal.

He was also playing Guitar Hero, but it didn't make any sense to me. The amount of effort he's put into playing that game could have been spent learning to play the guitar instead :thwap: But he's only 13 and has the attention span of a gnat :D

tung

just strum
January 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I sometimes get "lost" in the guitar conversations, but I'll tell you I am MIA when you guys start talking games. I wouldn't know an xbox, from a wii, guitar hero from Halo. I thought guitar hero was a piece of equipment, but it sounds like it's a game for an existing piece of equipment.

Oh forget it, I don't want to know - carry on. I'm going back to pedals and stomp boxes where I think I am getting a little better understanding than I had a few weeks ago:messedup: :messedup: :messedup:

SuperSwede
January 3rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
Congrats Robert! Add me on Xbox live (my profile: callenord) :)

I have to agree with Tung, Halo 1-2-3 is highly recommended! Mass Effect is another fantastic game, but prepare to disengage your social life for a while ;)

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
Mass Effect is made by a company in Edmonton (I live an hour outside the city).

Orange Box is another one I'd like to get. I just love Half-Life 2! I like a lot more than Halo 2 actually, which I do have.

The Orange Box is a video game compilation produced and published by Valve, which contains Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.

SuperSwede
January 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Mass Effect is made by a company in Edmonton (I live an hour outside the city).

Orange Box is another one I'd like to get. I just love Half-Life 2! I like a lot more than Halo 2 actually, which I do have.

The Orange Box is a video game compilation produced and published by Valve, which contains Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.

Yeah, I will probably get The Orange Box too. I have downloaded the demo and it seems like a fun game.
Another fantastic game that I really liked was Gears of War, but I have to say that it was very violent!