PDA

View Full Version : New Message Disappeared

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
I had 68 new messages that showed up this morning. I read maybe 5 and posted 3 - now it says I have two new messages.

Sometimes when I read messages they still show as new and other times I don't read them and they disappear.:confused:

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
What messages? You mean the new message feature? I think it is time limited, but I'm not really sure how it works.

warren0728
January 3rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
it's a conspiracy....dang canadians! :rotflmao:

ww

Spudman
January 3rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
You can read faster if you don't move your lips. :D

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
yep, the new feature. It's strange how the 68 just dropped off all at one time. I know if I log on and off, they will disappear and that is understandable because it's probably reading it as "new since last log on".

Just sort of took me by surprise that so many would just drop off the "New Post" screen.

No big deal.

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
You can read faster if you don't move your lips. :D

I don't always have to move my lips - like now, I'm using sign language, can you guess what I'm saying?:D

Kazz
January 4th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Strum,

just a guess brother (still in hulk hogan mode) but it may be counting how many new posts...not new threads are available to be read....and if you jump into a particularly long thread with lots of new activity that would explain the big drop.

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Ah now you see what I mean Strummy. Pretty soon you'll be adding to the thread where I beg *on my hands & knees mind you* :master:for an unread posts feature, in addition to the new posts one.

Just like *every* newsreader of any merit did, back in the early days of the 'net. :D

just strum
January 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
ok, I have 82 in 24 threads new posts and only read this one (tots). I'll check again when I get home. Normally they don't disappear, so we will have to wait and see.

First day back to work - IT SUCKS!!!! Well, at least it's Friday:D

just strum
January 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Yep, did it again. I had 113 new posts and probably 15 minutes into reading and posting "poof" they were gone.

I guess I will have to speed read.