PDA

View Full Version : PICKS & Plectrums ?

LowEndWonder
January 3rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
What kind of Picks do you like?
I like Dunlop Tortex .88's or 1.0's

marnold
January 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Fender Medium. I'm boring. When I played bass with a pick (before switching to my fingers) I used Fender Extra Heavy.

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 09:00 AM
I have two dozen Snarling Dogs .060 - I like the feel and the grip. I have others around here, but I don't have a clue where they are. On my next visit to the music store I will probably pick up more snarling dogs, but thicker.

Ro3b
January 3rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
I like the black Claytons (http://www.steveclayton.com/blackraven.html). .50 for playing rhythm on acoustic, .80 for most other guitar stuff. For jazz I really like the tones I get with a Dunlop 204 (http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=41pmh=products/picks).

LowEndWonder
January 3rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Fender Medium. I'm boring. When I played bass with a pick (before switching to my fingers) I used Fender Extra Heavy.
Im suprised you didn't use the Taco Chip!
Nowadays they have picks like the Big Stubby. They come in 1.0. 2.0, and 3.0. They are made of hard rubber and don't give you a clacky tinny sound even with roundwounds. They must sound awesome with flats!
I play bass with my fingers though. I use 11-49 D'Addario 115's with a wound G string, thats why I like heavy picks. People think im crazy using 11's on a Telecaster. Heck, I was gonna go with 12's! From playing bass for 10 yrs im heavy handed so, I went with heavy strings on guitar.
Im doing fine with the 11's though. Im even thinking of downgrading to the regular XL 115's with the plain G string, this way I could buy three or ten packs. Suprisingly, I have no problem bending the 11's. Im concentrating on being more of a rythm player anyway. I don't see myself being a shredder or soloist like some of the greats. Thats why my primary instrument will always be BASS! :AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
January 3rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
V-picks medium, I like both the thin & thick equally well.

Dunlop Jazz III

Dunlop Jazz Tone

Fender medium for rythym

I use others as well. Have a bowl full of different types & sometimes I'll just grab one & play.

bigoldron
January 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Pick-Boy 1.0's - usually get the black ones with the Cross on it. If they're out, I'll get the white ones.

aeolian
January 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
I've been using Dunlop Jazz III red ones for the last 10 years or so on electrics, I use Fender mediums or just my fingers on acoustic (don't play much acoustic these days). On bass, which I occasionally play, I use my index and middle fingers, and sometimes the nail on my index finger.

I'm curious about V-picks, I plan on getting a couple of the small ones to try out.

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
What kind of Picks do you like?
I like Dunlop Tortex .88's or 1.0's

Same as you and Marnold. I like the green and purple Tortex (.88 and 1.14 I think) and the medium and heavy Fender Tort ones.

Guitar Gal
January 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
I started off using the Dunlop Tortex yellow .73mm and green .88mm and then switched up to the blue 1.0mm

However, my current favorite pick for the electric guitar is the Dunlop Gator Grip green 1.5mm :rockon:

I mostly use my fingers on the acoustics. :greenguitar:

GG