PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, oldguy!

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
I want to thank oldguy for purchasing his latest doodad from Zzounds via TheFret.Net! :AOK:

He clicked on the Zzounds affiliate link, and got a good pedal to a good price, and in doing so, a few percent of the purchase goes to this forum!

Smart guy! :poke:

pytolk
January 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
where might i find such a link as this??

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
where might i find such a link as this??

A couple inches down on the home page - dead center

pytolk
January 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
oh my bad!I knew i had seen it somewhere before!

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
But wait there's more. On each thread, the 2nd post is an ad that says "we supply the gear, you supply the sweat" - that is a Zzounds affiliate link.

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
But wait there's more.

You've been watching too many TV commercials.

oldguy
January 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
I want to thank oldguy for purchasing his latest doodad from Zzounds via TheFret.Net! :AOK:

He clicked on the Zzounds affiliate link, and got a good pedal to a good price, and in doing so, a few percent of the purchase goes to this forum!

Smart guy! :poke:

Unless I find what I want local, I will buy like this from now on. Zzounds service was excellent, I found a better price than any other of the big box stores (not that it would have mattered, unless it were BIG$$$ difference), I was able to help out our community here, I love the Plexitube, AND, after my last experience w/ Musician's Friend, I think Zzounds is the way to go. YEEE..HAWW! (old west exclamation, six-gun blazing).
Use the link...use the link...the link...link...:D :D :AOK: :AOK:

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks oldguy, we appreciate it. Yee-haww!

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2008, 11:34 PM
A couple inches down on the home page - dead center
Ok, I have to ask Strum. Did you buy a nice hollowbody via this link just recently? Which one is that in your new avatar? A nice new Gretsch?

just strum
January 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Ok, I have to ask Strum. Did you buy a nice hollowbody via this link just recently? Which one is that in your new avatar? A nice new Gretsch?

You and Tot must think I'm made of money, or I would let my family starve just so I could have a new guitar. Nothing against zZounds, but if I was spending that kind of money, I would most likely spend it locally. Since I won't be buying that expensive of a guitar, zZounds or any other site has no reason to concern themselves about lost business.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5378

t_ross33
January 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I like that Radial gear :canada: Lookin' at the acoustic pre-amp pedal :drool: but we don't do enough acoustic work - YET! to justify it. Someday.

Every review I've read indicates Radial makes top shelf product.

On the subject of zZounds.com, Robert do you know of any issues shipping internationally? I'd certainly use the site if it helps support theFret, but some manufacturer's may not allow international shipment for online purchases. :whatever:

Any plans for a Canadian affiliate program? Just a thought ;)

Robert
January 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Good question, Trev. It doesn't look good for us Canadians. Hardly any bigger online music stores are interested in shipping to Canada... no matter how good at hockey we are... :(

t_ross33
January 5th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I believe it has more to do with the distributor deals the online stores sign with the manufacturers, rather than their desire or lack thereof to ship North of the border. Still sucks, especially given the strong Cana-buck. We could be scoring some great deals, not just hockey goals :D There are some Canadian onlines, but they don't have near the volume/selection/purchasing power of the GC/MF/M123 conglomorate.

Oh well, as much as I want to support theFret, I have to support my local music store too. :AOK:

:canada:

just strum
January 5th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I believe it has more to do with the distributor deals the online stores sign with the manufacturers,

What do they, whether it is the distributor or manufacturer find so objectionable that they wouldn't want to ship to Canada? Do they know something about you people that we don't know? I mean, I've been up to Canada on a number of occasions and to tell you the truth, you almost look American.:)

ted s
January 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Well, Strummy.. I guess we're keeping our secrets under wraps good and tight then.. that's been our plan all along. What do you think mad cow was about ? all a ploy to get the entire North American continent to hug a maple tree and wear touques and earmuffs. Goes hand in and with the ol' mouse in a beer bottle... :messedup:

just strum
January 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Well, Strummy.. I guess we're keeping our secrets under wraps good and tight then.. that's been our plan all along. What do you think mad cow was about ? all a ploy to get the entire North American continent to hug a maple tree and wear touques and earmuffs. Goes hand in and with the ol' mouse in a beer bottle... :messedup:

Jeez, all these years and I didn't even know that was going on - you guys are gooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t_ross33
January 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
What do they, whether it is the distributor or manufacturer find so objectionable that they wouldn't want to ship to Canada?

I think it's to keep the brick and mortar stores happy :D Plus there's duty and all that other stuff ("Free" Trade :confused:)

Do they know something about you people that we don't know? I mean, I've been up to Canada on a number of occasions and to tell you the truth, you almost look American.:)

Except for the touques, beards and lumberjack jackets, eh? I loved that Looney Tunes character "Blacque Jacque Shellacque" (bloc joc sha loc :D). :canada: