PDA

View Full Version : How many guitars do you own?

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
OK, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before here, but I'm curious about this. How many guitars do you own? Any kind counts--electric, acoustic, basses, dobros, etc. But it has to be a guitar; no mandolins, banjos, ukes, etc.

I'm up to 8 now and my wife thinks I'm some kind of maniac. Well, OK, let's not get into debate on that point, but I've been telling her that, for a guitar enthusiast, I'm fairly normal...at least in a statistical sense. But I need DATA!! So click on the value above that represents your particular extent of GAS fulfillment! :rockon:

Tone2TheBone
January 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Oh man Brian and Spud are definately going to win this thread.

Anyway I've got 8 also. 2 Les Pauls, 2 Strats, 1 Tele, 2 Acoustics and 1 Jazz Bass. I still haven't done a family portrait.

bigoldron
January 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
I've got 5, a Washburn WI64DL, a Washburn House of Blues electric, a Washburn G30 acoustic, a Yamaha 115 electric, and a Silvertone bass. And yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts too... ;)

I can't help my GAS issues... :rockon: :dude:

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Don't forget to vote in the poll as well as posting what you have....

Spudman
January 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM

Plank_Spanker
January 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
14 of them so far...............................

Childbride
January 3rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
For us, that's kind of depending on how you count?

the household has 10, if Shiner gets his archtop back from UPS.

but individually, i have 4 and he has 6.

[it should go to eleven... ] :D

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I told my wife about you, Spuds. I didn't know she even knew words like the ones she used in reply. I think her last words on the subject were something along the lines of "Don't even think about it, buster!" (Actually, she didn't say "buster"; it was some, er, other word....)

You're an inspiration to Fretters everywhere! :dude: :rockon:

Ro3b
January 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I have the 5 listed in my sig, and that's more than I need. If all I had was the Xaviere and the Guild, I'd be fine. You wanna talk amps or effects or PA equipment, that's a different story.

pes_laul
January 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure if I have one or two My squire's broken down. and spuds do you seriously have 52 guitars?!

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
I have 5 at the moment. Right now the Dot and ARC300 are my favorites. Future - a Gretsch and a Strat, but that is a ways off. I decided no more guitars until I can demonstrate a sizable improvement in my playing. Guitars started getting like golf drivers and the thinking was, new guitar, better playing.

Spud, are you serious? Do you have any photos of some of them?

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
52 ... someone clearly has a wonderfully sick mind.... our belove potato head - you are the inspiration!

hubberjub
January 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Last time I counted I was at 15.

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
...and spuds do you seriously have 52 guitars?!
Apparently, you missed this posting by Spuds a couple of months back, Kris:

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=41261&postcount=29

Of course, that was a couple of new guitars ago....

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM

This is the roof shot I remember hearing about, correct?

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
This is the roof shot I remember hearing about, correct?
Yup. Prolly a wide-angle lens on the camera, too! ;) :D

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Oh man Brian and Spud are definately going to win this thread.

Anyway I've got 8 also. 2 Les Pauls, 2 Strats, 1 Tele, 2 Acoustics and 1 Jazz Bass. I still haven't done a family portrait.

Haha, Spud's got over twice mine!

Composites are the way to go for portraiture of large groups, though Spud's lawn shot from the roof is a classic.

http://a694.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/112/l_96dc1862e39bc74a6fce110ed5f9eedd.jpg

http://www.afn.org/~afn52445/acoustics2003.JPG

Counting guitars and basses and subtracting the banjo, mando, and uke, I get 22.

ted s
January 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
5 as listed in my sig..
More than I need ? Yes. More than I want ? :whatever:

We should have an amph quantity poll as well ?

SPUD IS THE KING

marnold
January 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
The three in my sig, although the Squier doesn't get played a ton anymore.

t_ross33
January 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
5 per my sig. 2 'lectric, 2 'coustic and one bass.

Coming soon to a household near me: something strat-o-spheric and some kinda solid bucking LP clone. And something P90'd. And something like a sweet Nashville Power Tele would be cool. I haven't had a 12-string in a while either. Maybe a resonator guitar, and another solid body bucker I can leave in open G and slide off some Reverend Billy F.

I beg you. Please don't start an amp thread. :poke: I have a new mortgage and kids orthodontics to pay off, not to mention numerous Xmas credit card bills.

:thwap:

Trev

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Trev - TOO LATE FOR YOU! :D

t_ross33
January 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Awww CRAP! See you fellers over on THAT thread. :messedup:

warren0728
January 3rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
i've got 7 right now (including 1 acoustic and one electric resonator)....but might treat myself to another gibson les paul this year....

ww

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Y (Actually, she didn't say "buster"; it was some, er, other word....)

:dude: :rockon:

Were the initials, M. F. . . :D

I have 3, the Joshua acoustic I started with, my strat, and the Fullerton ST-4. There are 3 more in the household. My son has an acoustic and his Fullerton ST-3, and my girl has her Indiana Filly pink acoustic.

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
There are 3 more in the household. My son has an acoustic and his Fullerton ST-3, and my girl has her Indiana Filly pink acoustic.
You can count those, too, IF you play 'em more than your kids do! ;)

And no, not MF. 7-letter word, rhymes with gaspole. :D

warren0728
January 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
You can count those, too, IF you play 'em more than your kids do! ;)
that's why i didn't count my son's guitar and amp or my daughters acoustic guitar....

ww

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Trev - TOO LATE FOR YOU! :D

Awww CRAP! See you fellers over on THAT thread. :messedup:

link?

Spudman
January 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
My sole purpose is to be an inspiration and excuse for each and everyone one of you. Just remember it is YOUR castle and if you receive any objections to your acquisitions you may use me as an excuse for your indiscretions.:AOK: :beer:

pes_laul
January 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
My sole purpose is to be an inspiration and excuse for each and everyone one of you. Just remember it is YOUR castle and if you receive any objections to your acquisitions you may use me as an excuse for your indiscretions.:AOK: :beer:
Dude your my hero do you even play all those guitar equally?

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM

Bless you sir.

But I prefer secrecy and deception.

As you know, once you get over a certain amount, they all blend together in the wifely mind.

The tricks: keep 'em cased, spread 'em out (I keep about half at the office), and do not have new ones delivered to the house.

:dude:

Spudman
January 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Bless you sir.

Thank you for the blessing father Krashpad.
Alas, the methods of secrecy and deception were not to be disclosed unto the general population lest they go wildly astray. May you now carry the burden with great strength.

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Thank you for the blessing father Krashpad.
Alas, the methods of secrecy and deception were not to be disclosed unto the general population lest they go wildly astray. May you now carry the burden with great strength.

D'oh! :thwap:

I'm always doing sh*t like that.

snarph
January 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Well had to look at my sig so I guess it 10

Childbride
January 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Bless you sir.

As you know, once you get over a certain amount, they all blend together in the wifely mind.

The tricks: keep 'em cased, spread 'em out (I keep about half at the office), and do not have new ones delivered to the house.

[?!] more guitars just means more toys he has to share with me, and vice versa... ;)

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
[?!] more guitars just means more toys he has to share with me, and vice versa... ;)

Marry me.

We won't tell Mrs. Krashpad.

Childbride
January 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
[giggle] that actually wasn't very polite, and i apologize. my ex had an extremely expensive hobby that i had no interest in whatsoever and was very hostile towards and i empathize deeply to all on the forum who face any opposition to guitar acquisition syndrome. i personally just think of it as Christmas all year long. :D :beer:

Brian Krashpad
January 3rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
[giggle] that actually wasn't very polite, and i apologize. my ex had an extremely expensive hobby that i had no interest in whatsoever and was very hostile towards and i empathize deeply to all on the forum who face any opposition to guitar acquisition syndrome. i personally just think of it as Christmas all year long. :D :beer:

No offense taken whatsoever. It's wonderfull you can share that.

Mrs. Krashpad is actually very tolerant of me, especially for a non-player.

Of course, at this point, she only knows I have "over a dozen" guitars.

;)

mrmudcat
January 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
I voted 21 and over:thwap:

Radioboy950
January 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Haha, Spud's got over twice mine!

Composites are the way to go for portraiture of large groups, though Spud's lawn shot from the roof is a classic.

http://a694.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/112/l_96dc1862e39bc74a6fce110ed5f9eedd.jpg

Counting guitars and basses and subtracting the banjo, mando, and uke, I get 22.

Krash! Me like your collection, and A+ for presentation. :AOK:
Put me down for a whopping THREE at the moment.

DaveO
January 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
I'm up to six. I've decided that I really don't need that many. Gonna trim it down to one electric, one 6 string acoustic, and one 12 string acoustic. Maybe then I can focus more on practice. :thwap:
Dave

wingsdad
January 3rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
17. Pretty evely distributed between acoustics and electrics. Plus a mando and a uke. Links to pics in my sig.

As for s'plainin' them to Lucy, Fred: " 'tis better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.' ;)

Plank_Spanker
January 4th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I saved Spud's family pic to show my wife whenever GAS strikes me again. I'll say "See! I'm not that bad!"

:D

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I'm up to six. I've decided that I really don't need that many. Gonna trim it down to one electric, one 6 string acoustic, and one 12 string acoustic. Maybe then I can focus more on practice. :thwap:
Dave

Two electrics minimum. Because if you get in a band or otherwise find yourself in a performing sitch, you need a backup.

:AOK:

Bloozcat
January 4th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I've got eight right now, and two in the project stage...which is another story. I was off all last week for a holiday "vacation", during which I planned to be spray painting. However, the weather here did not cooperate, with higher than normal temperatures along with higher than usual humidity. The humidity is a lacquer killer....

Thanks Spud and Brian for running interference for the rest of us here! :AOK:

It's always helpful to have a couple of "extreme" examples to use as bargaining points in an arguement. Makes 10 or 15 guitars seem reasonable....;)

In our house, there's one of us (me) who's a hobby person, and one of us (Mrs. Bloozcat) who's not - unless you consider work a "hobby", I don't. So two of anything that both do the same job seems inexplicable to the non-hobby type. But, I continue to get what I want in my two expensive hobbies, and just benignly ignore my wife's rhetorical questions. :)

Had to edit that...I actually have eight with two in progress. I must have thought I was telling my wife how many guitars I have...:rolleyes:

Spudman
January 4th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I saved Spud's family pic to show my wife whenever GAS strikes me again. I'll say "See! I'm not that bad!"

I'm THAT BAD?!:confused: :spank:

Robert
January 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM
The one with the most guitars when we die wins. :D

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
The one with the most guitars when we die wins. :D

True dat.

I'm collecting laminates too. Because anybody can buy a guitar, but you gotta earn laminates. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/BrianKrashpad/BooFest05All026_24A.jpg

:beer: :D

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 08:56 AM

But you need more than one pic or she'll just claim that those belonged to one guy from the looney bin. To show that lots of guitars are normal, you need to show that all the kids are doing it!

Here:

http://a2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_c80fa4f78e59c1051d272c60b5fd89f1.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I've got two & I got both of those at the same time. My wife still doesn't understand why I need two.

The other day she said "I think you don't need to get any more of those little boxes" meaning pedals. I should show her some of your little box boards!!

The thing is, right now I agree with her. I don't need any more little boxes.

O, but this year I will get a third guitar.

warren0728
January 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM
My wife still doesn't understand why I need two.
ask her why she needs more than one pair of shoes! :AOK:

ww

duhvoodooman
January 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm THAT BAD?!:confused: :spank:
I read a quotation somewhere once that nobody is without worth--they can always serve as a bad example! :eek:

Quite the contrary, Spuds--you're an inspiration to Fretters everywhere and an excellent shield for the deflection of spousal anger and indignation over our GAS outbreaks! I'm having your famous "roof shot" framed!! :dude:

Spudman
January 4th, 2008, 10:36 AM
So that must be bad - like Michael Jackson bad? Ya, that's the ticket. Who's bad? he he c'mon girl. he he (spin) :cool:

...and yes, being delusional has it's merits.

Justaguyin_nc
January 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I have more than I need.. 6 total..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat.. used daily
OLP JP.. Wall Hanger now
Squier 51.. Wall Hanger now
ST Scorpion.. Wall Hanger now.. in parts..

Dread Acoustic..Played now and then..
SX 57 Bass.. Used now and then..

Time to learn to play better.. not buy more..:)

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM
So that must be bad - like Michael Jackson bad? Ya, that's the ticket. Who's bad? he he c'mon girl. he he (spin) :cool:

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/home_alone.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.guzer.com/pictures/home_alone.jpg
Where you get that photo of Spud with the Home Alone kid?

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Time to learn to play better.. not buy more..:)

Ah, but the two are not mutually exclusive! In fact, I'd posit that having more is more conducive to wanting to learn more, because when you get in a rut you can go to another axe for inspiration.

See, I have this all figured out. :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Where you get that photo of Spud with the Home Alone kid?

Hacked his photobucket account.

You don't wanna go there!

Justaguyin_nc
January 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Ah, but the two are not mutually exclusive! In fact, I'd posit that having more is more conducive to wanting to learn more, because when you get in a rut you can go to another axe for inspiration.

See, I have this all figured out. :AOK:

Wow... never thought of that!!!
might get another Acoustic...

Can't imagine how much SPUDS must know and how much learning he has gone thru.... :master:

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Wow... never thought of that!!!
might get another Acoustic...

Can't imagine how much SPUDS must know and how much learning he has gone thru.... :master:

Well, keep in mind that it's probably not true and that I probably just use that thinking to excuse having way more guitars than I need. :D

Of course, it was never really about what we "need," was it? :AOK:

Plank_Spanker
January 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM

My wife's favorite quote is "Why do you need another guitar? You can only play one at a time."

I explained it to her a few different ways but thanks to you, Spud, I have a new weapon in my debating arsenal. :D

Extremely nice family, BTW. :beer:

Bloozcat
January 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
A few defenses against spousal attack...

Q: Why do you need another guitar?

A: I don't need another guitar, I want another guitar, and I'm going to get one.

Once your spouse gets you into a defensive arguement, you're toast. You can't justify a true need for another guitar when you already have several. "Needs" justification requires a rational defense, "wants" is irrational and requires no rational defense. For the guys, your wife will hate it that you're using an irrational defense...that's using a female tactic against her (although she'll try to deny it vehemently)...;)

Q: Why do you need another guitar, you can't play more than one at a time?

A: And you can't wear more than one pair of shoes at a time either. Why do you "need" three dozen?

Now she's on the defensive and no matter what answer she gives, it'll come out sounding hollow and hypocritical. Oh, and "that's different" is not a suitable excuse for your wife's reply. This is definitely upping the ante beyond the needs/wants arguement.

Command: You're not getting any more guitars (amps, stomp boxes, gear, et. al.).

Reply: You don't hear me ordering you around like that, what makes you think you have the right to do that with me? I want you to be happy. Don't you want the same for me?

You may have to duck and cover after this exchange....:eek:

warren0728
January 4th, 2008, 01:57 PM
You may have to duck and cover after this exchange....:eek:
or get a lawyer..... :messedup:

ww

ted s
January 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I tried Spud's earlier mentioned tactic " I'm the man and this is my castle.."
I've been sleeping in the garage ever since. It's not so bad..

Spudman
January 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I tried Spud's earlier mentioned tactic " I'm the man and this is my castle.."
I've been sleeping in the garage ever since. It's not so bad..

As long as you still have all your guitars...and possibly one more on the way.

Brian Krashpad
January 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
See the above 4 or 5 posts on why duplicity is always preferable.

Ignorance truly can be bliss.

duhvoodooman
January 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Spuds and Bloozcat have inspired me to the point of taking action when I get home tonight. TOO LONG have I suppressed my own wants & desires! TOO LONG have I done without!! Damn it, I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!! So tonight I will announce to my wife my immutable intentions to buy a Gibson Custom Shop '59 VOS Les Paul Standard, a Marshall Vintage Modern full stack, a fully loaded Ranger bass boat, and a Porsche 911 Carrera. College for the kids?? Hey, that's why there are student loans! Retirement nest egg?? Carpe diem!! Who knows what tomorrow could bring? I'm king of my castle, and if my wife doesn't like it, that's just too bad!!

I've appointed Tone2TheBone as executor of my estate, so you'll need to see him about which of my guitars or amps you want. First come, first served. He'll know when the viewing hours are, as well as directions to the funeral home....

ted s
January 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
:master:
:rotflmao:

Robert
January 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
DVM hitting the nail once more... :master: :master: :master:

Bloozcat
January 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Spuds and Bloozcat have inspired me to the point of taking action when I get home tonight. TOO LONG have I supressed my own wants & desires! TOO LONG have I done without!! Damn it, I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!! So tonight I will announce to my wife my immutable intentions to buy a Gibson Custom Shop '59 VOS Les Paul Standard, a Marshall Vintage Modern full stack, a fully loaded Ranger bass boat, and a Porsche 911 Carrera. College for the kids?? Hey, that's why there are student loans! Retirement nest egg?? Carpe diem!! Who knows what tomorrow could bring? I'm king of my castle, and if my wife doesn't like it, that's just too bad!!

I've appointed Tone2TheBone as executor of my estate, so you'll need to see him about which of my guitars or amps you want. First come, first served. He'll know when the viewing hours are, as well as directions to the funeral home....

Well, you gotta exercise at least a little self control there DVM...I mean the Ranger bass boat might be just a tad bit over the top!

Plank_Spanker
January 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Spuds and Bloozcat have inspired me to the point of taking action when I get home tonight. TOO LONG have I suppressed my own wants & desires! TOO LONG have I done without!! Damn it, I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!! So tonight I will announce to my wife my immutable intentions to buy a Gibson Custom Shop '59 VOS Les Paul Standard, a Marshall Vintage Modern full stack, a fully loaded Ranger bass boat, and a Porsche 911 Carrera. College for the kids?? Hey, that's why there are student loans! Retirement nest egg?? Carpe diem!! Who knows what tomorrow could bring? I'm king of my castle, and if my wife doesn't like it, that's just too bad!!

Hear, hear!!

Sally forth Brave One and preserve the right of manhood for the rest of us lost souls! You will be immortalized in song and fable. Many generations will be told the legend of DVM....................:master:

:D :D

helliott
January 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
1/ U.S. Strat
2/ PRS CE-10
3/ PRS CE
4/ Epiphone Sheraton
5/ Squier Fat Tele
6/ Harmony Telecaster
7/ Ancient Grenada Semi-acoustic
8/ Battered EKO acoustic/electric
9/ Yamaha 12-string acoustic
10/ Yamaha 6-string acoustic
11/ Samick acoustic campfire guitar
12/ Fender nylon string classic acoustic
13/ Squier P bass

Now that I've counted, I'm off to vote!

mrmudcat
January 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Vood im so glad you decided to sacrifice yourself!!!!:master:

Spudman
January 4th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Go Voodoo. You can come live on my island. Oh, you better add a real nice Martin or Taylor to that list because electricity is rare, but surprisingly cold beer is plentiful.

Ascension
January 4th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Right now I'm down to 13 guitars and 2 amps:whatever: .

abraxas
January 8th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Right now I have the 7 electrics + 1 bass that appear on my sig. Which is somewhat weird, since I don't have an acoustic for some time now and have to borrow... :thwap:

I'd consider it more logical if I had 4 electrics, 1 steel and 1 nylon string acoustics. Also I generally find it more logical for someone to have 5 guitars and 3 amps, than 10 guitars and 1 amp.

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Right now I have the 7 electrics + 1 bass that appear on my sig. Which is somewhat weird, since I don't have an acoustic for some time now and have to borrow... :thwap:

I'd consider it more logical if I had 4 electrics, 1 steel and 1 nylon string acoustics. Also I generally find it more logical for someone to have 5 guitars and 3 amps, than 10 guitars and 1 amp.

Makes sense to me. Mine would be strat, hollow or semi hollow, tele, paul, and a good acoustic. Amphs would be a Fendery type, my current one works, one more Marshall like, or a really small tube outfit, and a modeler. I might need 6 guitars and two amphs.

fendermojoman
January 9th, 2008, 04:03 PM
When I came home with my last "GAS" acquisition my daughter sarcastically said, "why do you need 7 guitars"? To which I replied, "why do you need 85 pairs of shoes"? She quickly exited the room. :bravo:

Robert
January 9th, 2008, 04:27 PM
My answer to the question is: not enough. :)

Brian Krashpad
January 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
My answer to the question is: not enough. :)

I count 9 in your sig, and hmyself aving 18 electrics, 2 basses, and 2 acoustics, I concur.

But we'll need photographic evidence to be sure. :D :AOK:

hindmarsh
January 11th, 2008, 11:13 AM
You had to go and make me count, didn't ya...and I came up with 14 in the family. Which isn't too bad for beginners, give us some time and we'll get better:bravo: .

Last year my 12 yr old wanted to start learning to play so my 7 yr old and I joined him. Each of the boys has a classical, a steel string acoustic and an electric. I have a classical, 2 steel stringed acoustics, and since I had no idea which type of electric I would be "best" I had to get several to "test". :rotflmao:

I have used some of the suggested responses in the past and learned some new ones, thanks guys!

The Mrs. seems to be getting accustomed to my compulsive need for variety, it all started with the large safe full of firearms...the guitars are just an extension.:D

I wonder what will be next?:whatever:

Lev
January 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM
My wife's favorite quote is "Why do you need another guitar? You can only play one at a time."

I explained it to her a few different ways but thanks to you, Spud, I have a new weapon in my debating arsenal. :D

Extremely nice family, BTW. :beer:

My wife has a similar response "How many hands have you got?"

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
You tell her Voo that's the man's way to do it!

As long as my wife is happy I do what I want.

piebaldpython
January 11th, 2008, 12:07 PM
THREE; an Alvarez acoustic with a cutaway; a Liberty FB-100 spider bridge reso with mahogany back/sides and a brass top; and a Washburn HB-32DM semi-hollowbody electric.

JJ Gross
January 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
18 total here, I have 5 just in my office.

When my wife asked why I need so many, I asked her why she needs so many different kind of shoes and purses.

She just said "whatever ...", but never asked again. She gets it.

Bloozcat
January 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
You had to go and make me count, didn't ya...and I came up with 14 in the family. Which isn't too bad for beginners, give us some time and we'll get better:bravo: .

Last year my 12 yr old wanted to start learning to play so my 7 yr old and I joined him. Each of the boys has a classical, a steel string acoustic and an electric. I have a classical, 2 steel stringed acoustics, and since I had no idea which type of electric I would be "best" I had to get several to "test". :rotflmao:

I have used some of the suggested responses in the past and learned some new ones, thanks guys!

The Mrs. seems to be getting accustomed to my compulsive need for variety, it all started with the large safe full of firearms...the guitars are just an extension.:D

I wonder what will be next?:whatever:

It's a slippery slope, hindmarsh. I have the same two expensive hobbies that I've been running in parallel for many, many years now. There's no "need" justification that can contain it. It's just uncontrollable desire for "more", "new", and "different".

Got sense?...No, I've got GAS...

M29
January 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM
A friend once said buy and argue once, don't keep going over and over it until you buy. Ow! Honey! Ow ow ow...........But, but....Ow ow ow...:thwap:

M29

Brian Krashpad
January 11th, 2008, 02:27 PM
A friend once said buy and argue once, don't keep going over and over it until you buy. Ow! Honey! Ow ow ow...........But, but....Ow ow ow...:thwap:

M29

Better to seek forgiveness than ask permission!

notalentbum
January 27th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Those of you who have lived on a farm can understand when I tell you that I have "pets" and "livestock". I am a sometime artist and I have bought a lot of guitars for a project, some of which I have decided are not what I need. Meanwhile, I have also acquired a number of guitars based purely on lust. Since I do not plan to play the "livestock" we won't count them ( effectively inventory, though I have no real means of selling) .

That leaves, er, about 50.

I once owned over 40 shotguns, but no more... I think the FBI is generally much less interested in large concentrations of guitars.
NoTalentBum
obviously not currently married.

t_ross33
January 27th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Those of you who have lived on a farm can understand when I tell you that I have "pets" and "livestock".

Oh yeah.

"Mmmm, Mom this ham is great! By the way, has anyone seen Porky?" :rotflmao:

Being a farm kid myself, I certainly appreciate the analogy. Now lets see some pictures of "the herd"! :AOK:

Trev

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 11:48 AM
Here is a crappy phone pic of most of them:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/markwein/1009071754.jpg

Missing is my Guild DV52

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2008, 04:40 PM
I've seen that tele in some of the lesson vids. :-)

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 04:48 PM
I've seen that tele in some of the lesson vids. :-)

Thats the newest one...still has that "new car smell" :D

Actually, I have never owned a tele before this and I really love the guitar...that one and my Les Paul Standard are probably the two best sounding guitars I own....huge sounds!

just strum
February 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM
Missing is my Guild DV52

I didn't take it, I swear.

Mark, nice guitars and BTW, I've been enjoying the lessons. I plan on spending some time with them this weekend.

mark wein
February 1st, 2008, 11:01 PM
I didn't take it, I swear.

Mark, nice guitars and BTW, I've been enjoying the lessons. I plan on spending some time with them this weekend.

It's hiding at home...I might have a rather jaw dropping picture next week for you guys on this subject (and no, their not going to be all my guitars!)...

I'm glad you're digging the lessons..you'll have to let me know how you're doing with them...I have a new one up on the blog that I'm pretty excited about...

duhvoodooman
February 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
...I might have a rather jaw dropping picture next week for you guys on this subject (and no, their not going to be all my guitars!)....

Hey, Mark! Speaking of jaw-dropping (and they ARE all his guitars):

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=41261#post41261

just strum
February 2nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hey, Mark! Speaking of jaw-dropping (and they ARE all his guitars):

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=41261#post41261

But keep in mind that not only does he have a lot of guitars, he has less lawn to cut.:D

mark wein
February 2nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
thats about how many instruments I have in my care at the moment...a friend is moving and doesn't want the movers messing with his guitars....

Gil Janus
February 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I only have 3. I know, it's not a lot - but I'm still re-learning the guitar - I still need a Telecaster so I can get some Twang into my life :dude:

1973 Léro Model 58 Acoustic
2005 Squier '51 in Black
2006 Squier Standard Strat in Cherry Sunburst

Gil, the new guy on the block :cool:

Brian Krashpad
February 12th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I only have 3. I know, it's not a lot - but I'm still re-learning the guitar - I still need a Telecaster so I can get some Twang into my life :dude:

2005 Squier '51 in Black

Nothin' wrong with having 3! For quite a number of years when I started out all I had was a no-name MIJ acoustic. We've kinda got accustomed to it being common for guitarists to have batches of guitars (and I'm more guilty than the next guy as far as that goes), but the bottom line is you can only play one at a time! (Unless you're that Michael Angelo Batio guy or whatever he's called.)

I love seeing and reading about other folks' guitars, whether they have 1 or one hundred.

Katastrophe
February 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I've got 5 right now: a Strat, an ESP Deluxe, a Charvel, an Ibanez RG 570 and a beater Johnson acoustic that I'm too embarassed to take into public.

Now, what I have GAS for is an entirely different story!:rockon:

Steve206
February 12th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I have 9 guitars:

61 016NY Martin
66 D40 Guild
87 Wash D28-12
87 USA Strat
00 Johnson Tri Cone
04 Wash J-6 Hollow Body
06 Wash HB-32 Boogie St Music
06 Wash J28SCEDL
?? Fender Strat [beer promo W/ 1 humbucker]
?? Martin Uke
?? Oscar Schmidt Autoharp
06 Rogue A-style Mando A/E

If I could keep only one guitar. It would be the hollow body, because it just makes me feel better.

Here are a few of them hanging around,,

Steve

Tone2TheBone
February 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I have 9 guitars:

61 016NY Martin
66 D40 Guild
87 Wash D28-12
87 USA Strat
00 Johnson Tri Cone
04 Wash J-6 Hollow Body
06 Wash HB-32 Boogie St Music
06 Wash J28SCEDL
?? Fender Strat [beer promo W/ 1 humbucker]
?? Martin Uke
?? Oscar Schmidt Autoharp
06 Rogue A-style Mando A/E

If I could keep only one guitar. It would be the hollow body, because it just makes me feel better.

Here are a few of them hanging around,,

Steve

Luckyyy.

As soon as I make that music room that's what I'm doin'. Hangin' those babies.

Robert
February 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I think I won't be getting a crap load of guitars. I think a good strat, tele, LP, an acoustic and couple of other styles of guitars would be all I'd want. Don't have that LP yet though... Oh, and a ES-339 or similar...:D

Tone, I'm gonna get a music room one day too. Our oldest kid is going to college next year - I think I'll just steal her room!

snoglobe
February 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM
too many, and not enough.

Jipes
February 13th, 2008, 04:27 AM
I have 6 guitars right now (soon 7 I hope ;) )

57 Stratocaster Reissue mapple neck American
Esquire Telecaster Japan
Les Paul custom (not really mine I keep it for a friend doing his post doc in the U.S)
Passion copy strat German (very good for slide)
Johnson Jm998 Resonator guitar
Martin D1 acoustic

Hope to buy an old National Duolian that's the guitar of my dreams :master:

YerDugliness
February 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Nine, going on twelve (soon to add a custom shop Breedlove, a handmade classical, and an Epi Masterbilt) :) .

Somebody STOP ME !!

Dugly

mark wein
February 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
This was my store room until last night....there were almost 50 guitars in there (and only 16-15 of them were mine ..)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/markwein/0218081504.jpg

Spudman
February 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
This was my store room until last night....there were almost 50 guitars in there (and only 16-15 of them were mine ..)

Dude. They are ALL yours. Possession is 9/10's. :D

pes_laul
February 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
and only 16-15 of them were mine

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/markwein/0218081504.jpg
Yeah only:master:

tjcurtin1
February 19th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Ya know, a year or so ago I found myself wondering, "Hmmm, every year tens of thousands of guitars get made and sold, and there can't be that many new players every year... then there's all the guitars made in the years before... where the heck are all those guitars???" Now I understand - some of you are hoarding!!!

mark wein
February 19th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah only:master:

Dude. They are ALL yours. Possession is 9/10's. :D

Ya know, a year or so ago I found myself wondering, "Hmmm, every year tens of thousands of guitars get made and sold, and there can't be that many new players every year... then there's all the guitars made in the years before... where the heck are all those guitars???" Now I understand - some of you are hoarding!!!

hehe....there are some sweet guitars and some junk in that pile....

I actually need the storage space more than the guitars at this point...

mechanic
February 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I have 6 guitars at the moment.
Eric

Brian Krashpad
February 27th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I have 6 guitars at the moment.
Eric

Whoa there, Eric.

We're gonna need a lot more info than that.

Brands? Models? Years? Countries of origin? Price paid?

Spudman
February 27th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Whoa there, Eric.

Krashie, Krashie, Krashie How many times have we told you that you can't have all the new guys guitars too. :D

Brian Krashpad
February 28th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Krashie, Krashie, Krashie How many times have we told you that you can't have all the new guys guitars too. :D

Well you know the rules, pics or it didn't happen!

Spudman
February 28th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Well you know the rules, pics or it didn't happen!

Quite right old chap.

WE NEED PICS!

mechanic
February 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Whoa there, Eric.

O.K.
1. 1966 Framus jumbo acoustic. Solid spruce top, mahogany sides and bowl back. Rosewood fret board and abalone fret markers. Made in Germany.
I got it free as it was inherited from my mother.
2. 1980 Vox standard model 24. Solid mahogany dual cutaway body, rosewood board, dual dimarzio super distortion pickups, 2 volume 2 tone controls (typical Les Paul config. for the controls) Paid $450 back in 1980.
It has better Les Paul tone than any of the Les Paul standards that I was trying out and comparing it to when I bought it.
3. A Samick Les paul copy. Typical les paul by samick. Dual humbuckers,
sunburst finish,not sure of the body wood, rosewood board, bolt on neck.
It actually has a nice low action and plays great.It does go out of tune frequently though. $250 in the 1990's
Made in Korea
4. Crafter D-7 dread. acoustic. Solid cedar top (very mellow sounding compared to my Framus) can't remember all the specs ATM.
Made in Korea
Very nice acoustic guitar though. I picked it up 2 years ago for $233
5. Cruiser by Crafter Telecaster copy. Basswood body typical mini single coil neck p/up with vintage sounding bridge pickup.
String thru body bridge, 3 tone sunburst, rosewood fret board.
$150 last year.
6. Un named unknown cheap strat copy.
Don't know alot about this one. No name on it, plywood body, s/s/s pickup config with 5 way switch.Red in colour with white pickguard.
It actually sounds amazingly "stratty" considering the $50 purchase price.
I was trying to upload some pics, but all my pics are too big.
Ill try and get some smaller ones and post them later.
edit: my Vox model 24 is viewable in/as my profile picture.
Eric

mechanic
February 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Quite right old chap.

WE NEED PICS!

Lets try this

Brian Krashpad
February 29th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Thanks Eric! :AOK:

That Vox in particular is interesting, don't think I'd ever seen one like that before. I'm guessing it's setneck from its other specs. MIJ?

Jimi75
February 29th, 2008, 04:43 AM
During my time working for Fender I owned about 20 guitars. It was definitely too much.

Currently I own the following guitars:
1. Jimmie Vaughan Strat
2. 62 Vintage Strat
2. ESP Eclipse "Les Paul"
3. ESP Mirage Deluxe custom shop
4. Jimi Hendrix Sig Strat (in parts right now)
5. Takamine Acoustic 360 SC

I almost only play the Eclipse and the Vaughan.

My experience is, I should have bought 1-2 good amps instead of buying 20 guitars.

Brian Krashpad
February 29th, 2008, 04:53 AM
My experience is, I should have bought 1-2 good amps instead of buying 20 guitars.

It is at least theoretically possible to do both. ;)

mechanic
February 29th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks Eric! :AOK:

That Vox in particular is interesting, don't think I'd ever seen one like that before. I'm guessing it's setneck from its other specs. MIJ?

Thanks for the interest!
Yep its set neck and I'm pretty sure its Japanese manufactured.
E

peachhead
February 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I don't even know why I READ this thread.... :thwap:

I'll be back. I have to go count my wife's shoes.

ted s
February 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM
:rotflmao: @ Peachhead

ZMAN
March 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
The Official toll to date is 14.

1968 CIJ Reissue Strat Vintage White/Maple
Deluxe Players Strat 3 colour Burst/maple
MIA 50 Anniversay Deluxe Strat. 2 colour burst/maple
MIM 60th Ann. Strat Blizzard Pearl/Maple
Squier Deluxe Strat QMT Antique burst/Rosewood
Squier Standard Cherryburst Special edition/Rosewood
Squier Deluxe Strat Pearl White Metallic/Maple
Squier Deluxe Strat Daphne Blue/Maple
Squier Master Series Esprit Antique burst/Rosewood
Gibson ES335 Ebony/Rosewood
Epiphone Sheraton II Natural finish/Rosewood
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom Wine Red/Rosewood
Gibson Les Paul Studio Fireburst/Rosewood
1968 Gibson SG Special P90s original Vibrolo, Deep Mahogany Red/Rosewood

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Today 6, tomorrow 7 and maybe in a couple of weeks 8. These darn things can be like rabbits.

Brian Krashpad
March 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
People people people!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
People people people!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

It has to arrive before I can take pictures. The rest have already been displayed, but for those older folks that have lost some memory cells do to the rock-n-roll life style

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture061.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture149.jpg

Brian Krashpad
March 2nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
It has to arrive before I can take pictures. The rest have already been displayed, but for those older folks that have lost some memory cells do to the rock-n-roll life style

Hey I resemble that remark!

Note that my post was non-specific though, didn't mean for it to just apply to you.

Like for instance, Zman...

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Note that my post was non-specific though, didn't mean for it to just apply to you.

I know that, but now you can scratch my name off the list until tomorrow.

Dreadman
March 2nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
#38 is on a UPS truck somewhere heading my way.

Which one is my favorite? The next one.....always the next one. :D

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 05:41 PM

Which one is my favorite? The next one.....always the next one. :D

38??? Did I fall asleep, what year is it?

Mine sat at the terminal 20 miles from my house all weekend, it has been grueling trying to make it until tomorrow.

Rocket
March 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Dang!
When did you beat us out? Do you have to keep some in storage too? We've got em stashed everywhere. Rockette just got another (EF-500RA) while I was gone and I've got 2 more (J-185 EC Rosewood & Ultra II) still on backorder. I'll be adding an ES-339 before I split if I can get one somewhere besides MF.
Later!

Dreadman
March 2nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
I've been quietly buying on a fairly regular basis. Mostly guitars that need some kind of work.

Strum - I've driven to the terminal more than once. LOL They will give 'em to ya.

Rocket - I bet that J185 will be nice. I recently got my first rosewood jumbo (Washburn J58SW) and that's a loud, powerful sound. Have you played an Ultra II yet or are you buying to check it out? I've seen the advertising propaganda but would like to hear what a regular dude has to say about it.

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Strum - I've driven to the terminal more than once. LOL They will give 'em to ya.

I tried that - called Friday night to see if I could pick-up Saturday, but they wouldn't be open, so I will get it when it arrives tomorrow.

Rocket
March 2nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
Rocket - I bet that J185 will be nice. I recently got my first rosewood jumbo (Washburn J58SW) and that's a loud, powerful sound. Have you played an Ultra II yet or are you buying to check it out? I've seen the advertising propaganda but would like to hear what a regular dude has to say about it.
I've got the J58SW... mine is not rosewood, it's spruce on flamed maple.

I did not play the Ultra II but you know I've got that original Ultra and I'm really pleased with every bit of it... Ultra II gotta be better... right?
(I'll be selling my Ultra after I get the Ultra II.)

Dreadman
March 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
My mistake, I have the J56SW.

I like your logic behind buying the Ultra II. Stands to reason that it would be I better. :D

Pike
March 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
My mistake, I have the J56SW.

I like your logic behind buying the Ultra II. Stands to reason that it would be I better. :D
The J and the D? Nice catches Dreadman.

Brian Krashpad
July 23rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
This was linked (as a "similar thread") at the bottom of the current "naming guitars" thread, and on review, although it's only a few months old, for me it's already 2 guitars out of date!

But more importantly, we've had a lot of new members in the last few months. Let's hear from them, and, more importantly, let's see all those cool guitars (and basses). While often in welcome threads we'll see a list of gear (sometimes under prodding from us regulars), it's seldom that welcome threads contain pics.

And we all know the rule is: "Pics or it didn't happen!" :D

Anyhow, my acoustic sitch remains unchanged:

Here's the updated collage, with the new gals, Pearl and Goldie, at the top:

http://a776.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_e1d954fe962189add3ca3c3ee407b837.jpg

Now folks, pony up!

Let's see 'em!

wingsdad
July 23rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
Now folks, pony up!

Let's see 'em!
Here's my latest insurance rider group shots. Oh...and I DO name them all, but I didn't post in that thread.

Electrics:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/ElectricGuitars042608bAnon.jpg

Acoustics & misc:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/AcousticGuitars021008anon.jpg

tjcurtin1
July 23rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
I always feel so perfectly reasonable when I see these posts....:D

marnold
July 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Since this thread has been resurrected with updated pictures, my arsenal has actually shrunk now that I gave my Squier '51 to my son. Here's a picture:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/semprini/SId6pfq0H-I/AAAAAAAAAWg/GTC4GQvi1R4/s400/img_1927.jpg
My highly modified (new switch, pot, pups, wiring) Floyd Rose is on the left and my fairly stock Fender is on the right. And no, neither of them are named. I refer to them as "my Floyd" and "my Fender".

Click here for a larger version (http://picasaweb.google.com/semprini/FloydRoseDST3/photo?authkey=aw9cNzY2uF4#5226280745881051106)

Mr Grumpy
July 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
The 4 in my Sig. Peavey and Ovation get the most use.

Brian Krashpad
July 23rd, 2008, 01:08 PM
The 4 in my Sig. Peavey and Ovation get the most use.
Could we see a pic of the Gordon Smith?

Almost never see them in the States. I know of only one person who has one.

Mr Grumpy
July 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Could we see a pic of the Gordon Smith?

Almost never see them in the States. I know of only one person who has one.

Check out the 'my photos' link under my avatar my friend...:AOK:

just strum
July 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
5 going on 4

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can you hear me now?

evenkeel
July 23rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Five going on six.

Here is a pic of four of the five

Left to right:
Dean Sweet wood 00R, all solid spruce and rosewood. Martin knockoff.
1975 Guild D35 NT. Spruce and Mahogany. Beat to heck but a great sound.
MIM Standard Strat.
Washburn ea20. Great gigging guitar.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/evenkeel_album/IMG_0934.jpg

The fifth, a Martin D2R has never met the rest of the family.

Here is a pic of me playing her on a beach in the Bahamas.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/evenkeel_album/solo1.jpg

Brian Krashpad
July 23rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Check out the 'my photos' link under my avatar my friend...:AOK:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/157747cfdf6b8c4da.jpg

Thanks mate. I've never seen a headstock like that on a Gordon Smith. Did you special order it like that?

ShootTheGlass
July 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Just own the one just now (im new to this "spend money you dont have on too many guitars" game :)).

Nothing special, but its pretty sweet for a first guitar, more so since I changed the pickups.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Gabbastard/npu.jpg

Absolutely DYING to buy something with a trem though.

just strum
July 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Just own the one just now (im new to this "spend money you dont have on too many guitars" game :)).

Nothing special, but its pretty sweet for a first guitar, more so since I changed the pickups.

Absolutely DYING to buy something with a trem though.

You will be mastering it soon enough. Nice guitar, but it needs some friends. An "only guitar" grows up to be spoiled. I'm an "only child" and a perfect example.

Brian Krashpad
July 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM

Pacing, sonny. :D

I've been playing (and buying) guitars since the 70's. If you average out the number of guitars I currently have with the number of years I've been buying them, it's less than one a year. I haven't recomputed lately to take into account the latest acquisition, but I believe the average price I've paid, as of the last time I ran the numbers of what's in the stable, is between $200-$250 USD. Of course, some have been more (my max has been $750 for a minty LP Classic w/ohsc), but many have been less.

And I've never spent money I didn't have. Once I did put a guitar on layway for a few weeks so I could try to sell off a couple guitars to complete funding of my purchase (the local market was dead so I ended up trading them in to the seller shop), but that's as close to "spending money I didn't have" as I've gotten. All my other purchases have been with cash in hand (on more than one occasion I've talked local sellers into holding a guitar for me until I sold something of mine to raise the amount asked).

It's doable if you have patience and realize there are no time deadlines. :AOK: If I don't have the cash and can't raise it by selling off a piece or two, I walk away.

Oh, and that Tremonti looks sharp. :AOK:

Mr Grumpy
July 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/157747cfdf6b8c4da.jpg

Thanks mate. I've never seen a headstock like that on a Gordon Smith. Did you special order it like that?

Yes I did - its the 'stock of a Gordon Smith 'Graf' model but I asked them to put it on a GS body with a 25.5" scale. Had it done for my 40th Birthday, its the first one they ever did like this (I believe there are only 2 in total) and I got a certifying letter from GS to attest to this :AOK: .

Its actually on the GS website under the GS range (GS1.5-40) - that guitar is my actual one.

Its lovely

Brian Krashpad
July 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Yes I did - its the 'stock of a Gordon Smith 'Graf' model but I asked them to put it on a GS body with a 25.5" scale. Had it done for my 40th Birthday, its the first one they ever did like this (I believe there are only 2 in total) and I got a certifying letter from GS to attest to this :AOK: .

Its actually on the GS website under the GS range (GS1.5-40) - that guitar is my actual one.

Its lovely

Thanks for the info, I guessed right!

If I was in Blighty I'd sure look into one.

tot_Ou_tard
July 24th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Ahhh sanity.

It's so beautiful just before it goes.

:AOK: Stay reasonable, the rest of us need an anchor. :AOK:

just strum
July 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM
5 going on 4 and back up to 5

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/ahhhhhhh.gif

Brian Krashpad
July 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Ahhh sanity.

It's so beautiful just before it goes.

:AOK: Stay reasonable, the rest of us need an anchor. :AOK:

Nah, being reasonably insane is doable, and more fun. ;)

http://a2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/m_c80fa4f78e59c1051d272c60b5fd89f1.jpg

king_petrucci
August 8th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I have 7.

2 Ibanez, 1 squier, 1 epiphone, 2 Acoustics & 1 Bass.

Spud, your either single or have a VERY VERY understanding partner.

Everytime I even look at another guitar, my girlfriend gets the shits

Spudman
August 8th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I have 7.

Spud, your either single or have a VERY VERY understanding partner.

Everytime I even look at another guitar, my girlfriend gets the shits

Mrs. Spud is a rock and roll princess so we have no issues regarding gear and a lot of my collection was there before getting hitched. At least half was.

If your girlfriend complains - get another girlfriend. It's your life and you should be able to do what makes you happy as long as it isn't destructive. Guitars are good for lowering blood pressure - in the player.:)

Brian Krashpad
August 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
If your girlfriend complains - get another girlfriend.

Or just keep half your gear at the office like I do, and she'll never be sure just how much you have.

ShootTheGlass
August 8th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Or just keep half your gear at the office like I do, and she'll never be sure just how much you have.

I like the cut of your jib.

Im only on 2 guitars and 2 amps now, and Im already getting the "why do you need 2 of each" line of questioning. :D

Brian Krashpad
August 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I like the cut of your jib.

Im only on 2 guitars and 2 amps now, and Im already getting the "why do you need 2 of each" line of questioning. :D

Sounds like time to retaliate with the "How many pairs of shoes do you have?" defense.

She can only wear one pair at a time, after all. ;)

ShootTheGlass
August 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Thats true, and if she tries to come back with a "can you play two guitars at once?" its time to wheel out the Michael Angelo Batio vids!

Sprinter
August 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
22 :thwap: And I only play three or four of them.

Sprinter

Dauntless
August 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM
18 guitars and 5 amps
My favorites tend to cycle between 6 guitars and 3 amps on a fairly regular basis.

thearabianmage
August 18th, 2008, 04:26 PM
10 guitars:

6 electrics (1 fretless), 3 acoustics (2 fretless), and a bass.

I still need a steel-string acoustic (Ovation AE-148, I reckon), a 12-string acoustic (prob another Ovation), a semi-hollow electric (Epi?), another Jackson Dinky, a Fender Strat (Lite Ash in either natural or white - or both!), and maybe an Epi LP Studio. . .

I am an acute sufferer of GAS related illnesses (including poverty, coveting, and drooling)

just strum
August 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
5 going on 4 and back up to 5

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/ahhhhhhh.gif

Back up to 6

Brian Krashpad
February 13th, 2009, 01:17 PM
We've had a lot of new members of late, so let's see your stuff here!

Thread excavated!

And while I'm at it, I see that my last post regarding my own motley crew is no longer correct and is in need of updating (even though that post was itself an update of an earlier one in the thread!).

That said, here's the current electrics (acoustics have remained same):

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_6863965d4a124447b800689282e1dc60.jpg

Now let's see some family shots and descriptions!

marnold
February 13th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Well since this thread has been re-re-resurrected, here's the current shot because it's different from the last time I posted in this thread.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_OT7l0dXu4To/SPzbM7C8ImI/AAAAAAAAAZg/K4N5ZEWISys/s400/img_2079.jpg
Not much really to say about them. From left to right:
L: Floyd Rose DST-3 with a Duncan Screamin' Demon, two Dimarzio Area 61s, new switch and push-pull pot for a neck-on switch
M: Stock Spector Performer 4 DLX
R: Fender Showmaster Celtic H with a push-pull pot added for series/parallel switching on the humbucker

Suhnton
February 13th, 2009, 03:41 PM
We've had a lot of new members of late, so let's see your stuff here!

Thread excavated!

And while I'm at it, I see that my last post regarding my own motley crew is no longer correct and is in need of updating (even though that post was itself an update of an earlier one in the thread!).

That said, here's the current electrics (acoustics have remained same):

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_6863965d4a124447b800689282e1dc60.jpg

Now let's see some family shots and descriptions!

I'd be happy to own any ONE of those, especially the white semi-hollow (with the Bigsby). Care to shed some light on it?

EDIT: No worry, I clicked on one of your hyperlinks in your sig and found it.

Robert
February 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I have 10 now (just had 11 but sold a Strat).

Blaze
February 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Have 8 and 1 comin .. ????:whatever:

t_ross33
February 13th, 2009, 04:37 PM
5 per my sig. 2 'lectric, 2 'coustic and one bass.

Coming soon to a household near me: something strat-o-spheric and some kinda solid bucking LP clone. And something P90'd. And something like a sweet Nashville Power Tele would be cool. I haven't had a 12-string in a while either. Maybe a resonator guitar, and another solid body bucker I can leave in open G ....
Trev

UPDATE: add one MIM Strat and one Gretsch 5120 to the herd. I DID mod my tele with a P90, so that sorta counts... have to work on the rest of that list ;)

valriver 1940
February 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
i have 16 guitars and one amp

F_BSurfer
February 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Right now 5 electric, 2 acoustics, and 1 bass

Brian Krashpad
February 17th, 2009, 06:31 AM
For the last 5 or 6 posters:

pics or did not happen.

snarph
February 17th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Fourteen at last count

scgmhawk
February 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM
3 Electrics (so far) and 1 acoustic (never gets played but I've had it since the 70's). http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k449/scgmhawk/?action=view&current=uitars007.jpg

Brian Krashpad
February 17th, 2009, 09:29 AM
3 Electrics (so far) and 1 acoustic (never gets played but I've had it since the 70's). http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k449/scgmhawk/?action=view&current=uitars007.jpg

Steve, you know how lazy we are! Pics in post!

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k449/scgmhawk/uitars007.jpg

And the rest of you with still no pics, get with the program!

Spudman
February 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
For the last 5 or 6 posters:

pics or did not happen.

+1 :pancake:

Viking Power
February 18th, 2009, 11:56 PM
1 acoustic. No electrics yet.:(

Ch0jin
February 19th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Four for me.

Maton MS2000 Deluxe with Seymour Duncans
Maton BB1200 with Brierley B90's and Sperzels
Squier Strat with GFS Fat PAF and Dimarzio Fast Track + Wilkinson bridge.
Vantage bass with, umm, (gasp) no mods....

Also..

Peavey Ultra 112 (main amp)
Home made 50W tube head (based on a JCM800 with Fender style 6L6 output stage)
Peavey 210W Bass head.
1960 Vase 4x12 Quad with original alnico's. (I run the Ultra into this)
Custom 1x15 bass bin

Try as I might I don't seem to be able to hotlink images from Flickr to here so if you're interested you'll just have to click I'm afraid :(

The Maton's hanging out together with some amps in the background (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ch0jin/3055764252/)

A shot of the family before I got the BB1200 and before I extensively modified the Squier. here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ch0jin/2623773989/)

Suhnton
February 19th, 2009, 12:58 AM

scgmhawk, how does that Jet King play? I've been looking around for a new guitar, something with an unusual shape.

Brian Krashpad
February 19th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Try as I might I don't seem to be able to hotlink images from Flickr to here so if you're interested you'll just have to click I'm afraid :(

Let me help. I haz skilz.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/3055764252_c0ddefd644.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2623773989_9f4f39dc63.jpg

I'll admit, flickr can make it difficult to hotlink. In this sitch, I viewed the page source and did a search for".jpg," then copied the url.

Viking Power
February 19th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Keep the pix coming people!

Making me G-A-S!!!!

Here's mine:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v646/91/46/874980242/n874980242_5221759_5178.jpg

I know.....nothing special, but it does have Grover tuners!!!!!!:dude:

Gil Janus
February 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM

2005 Squier '51 in Black

When I first replied to this thread, I only has the 3. In July of 2008, I won a Fender VG Strat in Blizzard Pearl (my choice of color) from the Fender Forum site. This is the first thing that's worth anything that I have won since high school. :D

It is my best guitar, looks, feels and sounds wonderful. The neck is to die for - rolled edges, nice and smooth. :AOK:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/3232495f83eb183ae.jpg

And here's a picture to satisfy the peanut gallery. :thwap: And I still need that Telecaster :whatever: But, I think that the Fender Super Champ XD amp will be my next purchase - it should help relieve some of that pent up GAS.

Gil :cool:

Viking Power
February 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM
When I first replied to this thread, I only has the 3. In July of 2008, I won a Fender VG Strat in Blizzard Pearl (my choice of color) from the Fender Forum site. This is the first thing that's worth anything that I have won since high school. :D

It is my best guitar, looks, feels and sounds wonderful. The neck is to die for - rolled edges, nice and smooth. :AOK:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/3232495f83eb183ae.jpg

And here's a picture to satisfy the peanut gallery. :thwap: And I still need that Telecaster :whatever: But, I think that the Fender Super Champ XD amp will be my next purchase - it should help relieve some of that pent up GAS.

Looks great Gil! Congrats on winning it!:bravo:

Ch0jin
February 19th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Let me help. I haz skilz.

I'll admit, flickr can make it difficult to hotlink. In this sitch, I viewed the page source and did a search for".jpg," then copied the url.

Awesome thanks Brian! :beer: :bravo:

just strum
May 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I may be down to my lowest number of electrics in three years very soon. It is that time to "flip" and the Wildkat may be on its way out. That will leave me with two - the Strat and the Dot. The room is starting to seem empty.

I still have the Epi and the Orpheum acoustics.

M29
May 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Nice gits guys:rockon: I sold one now I am down to five plus my bass.

M

oldguy
May 27th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Here's part of them........I've got more, but haven't counted for awhile........

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_115494d51a0d5b58.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=855)

Gil Janus
May 28th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Since my last posting, I've acquired one new amp and another guitar. :AOK:

This one is 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer in Natural. I got it from a friend who can't play anymore. So now, I have 5 total - 3 electrics, 1 acoustic, and now 1 acoustic-electric.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Guitars/DSC00002.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Guitars/DSC00019.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Guitars/DSC00020.jpg

It's very nice - only a few little dings, it's hard to believe that's it an 11-year old. It's my first acoustic-electric, and it sounds very nice just playing, and using Voice 16 on my Super Champ, it sounds really good. It's currently fitted with 12-53s, but I'll most likely get some 10-47s - that way it will be closer to my electrics.

60's guy
June 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM
Brian Krashpad is obviously out of sorts because people aren't posting pictures to go along with their posts. Hopefully, this will keep Brian happy for a while.

I may as well post picture of my guitars also.

An Alvarez Yairi DY55 that I purchased in 1981 for $600. I sold my Gibson LP to buy the Yairi because I pretty much had decided that I’d never play in another band and I felt all I’d ever need again is one acoustic guitar and I’d live happily ever after. I still have the Yairi, but that wasn’t nearly enough.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/AlavrezYairiDY55.jpg

I’ve bought and sold and also given away a few guitars over the years and now the rest of my family looks like this until I put a couple of them up for adoption.

Alvarez PF-90 SC NAT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/AlvarezPF-90SCNAT.jpg

Alvarez RD20S12 12 String
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/AlvarezRD20S12.jpg

Ibanez GA5TCE Classical Guitar. It’s a cheapo and I should have known better than to buy it. This one is on my list to be given away to the first of my granddaughters who expresses an interest in learning guitar.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/IbanezGA5TCE.jpg

Westbury Guitar made somewhere between 1978 and 1982. A guy I once worked with gave me this guitar in trade for a johnboat and a trolling motor. It’s a solidly built guitar. I replaced the original pickups and I occasionally set it up with a Nashville tuning.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/Westbury.jpg

This Guild D-25 is an acoustic that I picked up a couple of years ago from my girlfriend’s brother. He bought it brand new in 1979 and it had rarely ever been played until he put it in my hands at a few picnics and late night sit around the campfire episodes. I’m thrilled to own it because it was made in Westerly, R.I. which is the town I was born and raised in when Guild was manufacturing guitars in Westerly.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/GuildD-25Front1979.jpg
This D-25 also has an arched back which is out of the ordinary for an acoustic guitar.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/GuildD-25Back1979.jpg

Carvin Bolt Guitar: I’m probably going to upset a lot of Strat lovers, but I’ve yet to meet a Strat that I was able to fall in love with on a personal level. I bit the bullet and bought a guitar kit from Carvin that I put together with custom selected pickups.It sounds amazing and has a faster, smoother feeling neck than any Strat I have ever played. I'll post an audio clip in another thread.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/CarvinBolt.jpg

Gibson Hound Dog Dobro: I bought the round neck and on second thought I should have bought the square neck but I still like it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/GibsonHoundDog.jpg

The following four guitars are guitars that I acquired with the help of my good buddy, Wingsdad. Wingsdad has always possessed an insight into my likes and dislikes concerning guitars and he has always gone out of his way to alert me to the existence of a guitar that I might be interested in buying sight unseen. He has yet to fail me in that regard.

Wingsdad turned me onto this Tradition JR Telecaster.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/TraditionJRTelecaster.jpg

Wingsdad was very much aware that I had long been in search of a bass guitar. My youngest daughter owns a Warwick Rock Bass that she once let me use for recording. I mentioned it to Wingsdad that the Warwick was versatile….clean to funk. Wingsdad located a Fender JP-90 Bass for me which is perfect!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/FenderJP-90.jpg

Wingsdad knew that I couldn’t and wouldn’t resist a Larry Coryell LCS-1.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/CortLCS-1.jpg

Last but not least…..Wingsdad turned me onto a Washburn that is by far the best guitar I own, my Washburn WI-66PRO G.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/60sguy/Frets/WashburnWI-66PROG.jpg

I also have an Eastman 615 mandolin and a Washburn B17 banjo which I won’t post pictures of because it’s against the rules of the thread.

sumitomo
June 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM
Those are some beauties there 60"s guy,and kiteman said just about the samething as you about the Carvin Strat Kit (now I've got GAS)and that Washburn with the 90's very very nice.Sumi:D

Brian Krashpad
June 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM
That's more like it!

Haha, thanks '60's guy!

wingsdad
June 2nd, 2009, 07:50 AM
...The following four guitars are guitars that I acquired with the help of my good buddy, Wingsdad. Wingsdad has always possessed an insight into my likes and dislikes concerning guitars and he has always gone out of his way to alert me to the existence of a guitar that I might be interested in buying sight unseen. He has yet to fail me in that regard....

The Tradition JR and Wash Idol were 2 particular guitars I would have kept had I not GASsed for others; they each led, ultimately, in a series of trading maneuvers, to 2 fine G&L's that now belong to 2 other Fretnetters...

The JP-90, was pure serendipity; I'd found one at the same store that all the others came from several months before, then this one showed up with the Duncan bridge pup upgrade. A remarkable light weight American (Corona) Fender bass with a J-bass neck. I parted with mine last year only because I couldn't resist a great buy on a Hofner Ikon series B-Bass.

...and a Washburn B17 banjo ....
:thwap: It's got 5 strings and it's tuned to Open G. So does/is Keef's Tele, 'Macawber'. So...why not show this beauty off? And since there's a few folks around here who dabble in mando, that Eastman is a gem, too.;)

Perfect Stranger
June 17th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I own 9 at the moment!

4 Humbuckers
3 Single Coils
2 Acoustics

Pix and list HERE! (http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=138381&postcount=9)

Brian Krashpad
June 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I own 9 at the moment!

4 Humbuckers
3 Single Coils
2 Acoustics

Are any Agiles? :D

Pics or did not happen.

;)

Perfect Stranger
June 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, currently one is an Agile...although I've owned 5 or 6 in the past.

BTW, I added a link to the pix.... ;)

Brian Krashpad
June 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Yes, currently one is an Agile...although I've owned 5 or 6 in the past.

BTW, I added a link to the pix.... ;)

Cool.

Tell me about that Stadium SG.

Setneck? Price?

Perfect Stranger
June 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
The Stadium SG is a set neck....with Seymour Duncan 59's. It plays and
sounds great. The neck is where it really shines with that wide, long neck
just like the early Gibson SG's

evenkeel
June 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Perfectstranger and 60's guy. Nice bunch of guitars. Love the Yairi and D-25Guild. The spalted maple Agile is also very cool looking. Thanks to you both.

Brian Krashpad
June 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM
The Stadium SG is a set neck....with Seymour Duncan 59's. It plays and
sounds great. The neck is where it really shines with that wide, long neck
just like the early Gibson SG's

Were the Duncans stock? Is this an import? Made where?

I've never heard of Stadium before.

Perfect Stranger
June 17th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Were the Duncans stock? Is this an import? Made where?

I've never heard of Stadium before.

It came from the dealer with them in it, but I think they put them in it...not the
manufacturer. It's Korean I think....or possibly Chinese. It sure plays nice...

Shredd Ed
June 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
For the first time in my playing 'career' I amazingly only have one guitar!

marnold
June 22nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Down to two now! Only one if you consider a bass not to be a guitar.

Brian Krashpad
June 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Uh-oh, the Rev and Ed need to do some shoppin'!

Rev, you need to buy my pink Daisy Rock with the octave-fret "Girl Power" inlay-- I'm sure it'd go over great in a Lutheran church. I played my Dano Hodad (dark blue sparkle) w/Bigsby for one song yesterday in service, and my praise band director's eyes got big when he saw it in practice and said "I haven't seen THAT one before!".

I smiled and told him there were LOTS of my guitars he hadn't seen yet. Would love to see his reaction to the pink Daisy Rock Girl Power inlay'd guitar. Though he might freak at my Breadwinner or Jet Star or Ravelle too.

Mwa-hahaha!

sunvalleylaw
June 22nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
I have 3, the Joshua acoustic I started with, my strat, and the Fullerton ST-4. There are 3 more in the household. My son has an acoustic and his Fullerton ST-3, and my girl has her Indiana Filly pink acoustic.

Nice noisemakers guys! My number is the same, but the members are different. The Fully went to Player, and I picked up my Hagstrom Viking. My boy still has his Fully ST-3 and acoustic, and my girl still has her pink acoustic. My boy added an amph (the Peavey Vypyr), and we have added a Yamaha keyboard since I answered originally.

epi0205
December 24th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I believe I'm at 10 and stoppin' at that... Really is rediculous on my
part. I have yet to learn how to play really. Just make alot of
racket...
4 Epi LP Cstm Ltd Edn
1 Epi LP Stdrd +top
1 Epi SG G-400 w/Maestro
1 Michael Kelly Patriot Q
1 Fernandes Strat copy
1 Fender Squier Strat
1 Ibanez Bass
Quite a few amps... Ton of P.A. gear/Lighting (literally!) 6 kits... duh-err
Sheez! Waaaay too many pics to post.
It's crazy anyway! Fun tho...

Neal
December 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM
18 total here, I have 5 just in my office.

When my wife asked why I need so many, I asked her why she needs so many different kind of shoes and purses.

She just said "whatever ...", but never asked again. She gets it.

I have to give you the golden globe award for that answer. I'm going to coin that phrase, and cast it in gold.:applause

pes_laul
December 26th, 2009, 06:03 PM
4 now

t_ross33
December 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
8 :dude

MichaelE
December 27th, 2009, 05:13 PM
#6 will be here Wednesday or Thursday.

street music
December 28th, 2009, 10:23 AM
At 5 now thanks to Carvin.

hubberjub
December 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Update: 19 not including mandolins, violins, cellos, string bass, or banjos.

sumitomo
December 28th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Just one more,then I'll stop! Sumi:D

street music
December 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM
hubber? 19- man that is a lot of guitars. Do you shoes to go with each of them?

hubberjub
December 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
As long as I can still fit them all in my studio the wife doesn't care. Once they start overflowing into the guest room I might start losing appendages.

Brian Krashpad
December 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
As long as I can still fit them all in my studio the wife doesn't care. Once they start overflowing into the guest room I might start losing appendages.

That's why most of mine are stored at the office.

:AOK

MAXIFUNK
December 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
2 basses 4 Guitars its all in my sig.

NWBasser
December 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
3 twangy sticks - 1 good acoustic/electric, 1 cruddy acoustic "camp" guitar,
1 electric.

3 boom sticks - two fretted passive 4-bangers, 1 fretless 4-banger.

sunvalleylaw
December 30th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Were the initials, M. F. . . :D

I now personally have 4. My Fullerton is gone, sold to Player. It was replaced by my Viking. And I now have the Martin, so now two acoustics. The kids' guitars are the same.

oldguy
December 30th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Does this include guitars we own, but have loaned to friends/family?
And what about guitars we own, but are not playable, but for decoration?

Brian Krashpad
December 30th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Does this include guitars we own, but have loaned to friends/family?
And what about guitars we own, but are not playable, but for decoration?

Not my thread, but I'd say "owned" is "owned"-- if you have legal title to 'em, count 'em. I know I counted guitars and/or basses that have been or are loaned to my kids. Conversely, I didn't count my daughter's bass even though I paid for it-- it was a birthday present and is hers.

As far as playability goes, that seems like a slippery slope too. I have a 1960 Duo-Sonic that's arguably playable, but certainly not gig-worthy, and I counted it.

Fwiw, ymmv.

UPDATE: I went back over the thread (looking to see how out of date my last pic/total was), and in doing so, found that the OP, DVM, effectively answered the "loaner" question as per my above opinion, and went a step further even, stating, regarding kids' guitars:

You can count those, too, IF you play 'em more than your kids do!

See post #25. So there you have the official response from the Original Poster.

sunvalleylaw
December 30th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Hmm, I could say I play my daughter's Indiana Pink Filly more than she does, but I don't. ;)

Brian Krashpad
December 30th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Well, I went back and checked, and even though I updated during 2009 (a couple times, iirc), of course my totals and pics are not current.

So for the upcoming new year, here's the current batch:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4582/guitarcollage10larger.jpg

I need to take a new acoustics group shot also. Two of my acoustic guitars are in this old photo (which includes a mandolin my dad had loaned me, which I've since returned, but doesn't include my Oscar Schmitt mandolin I bought to replace it):

http://www.afn.org/%7Eafn52445/acoustics2003.JPG

Not included above, guitar-wise, is the Esteban (yes, THAT Esteban) acoustic-electric I picked up this year in a pawn for a Benjie:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3369/estebana.jpg

By my count, disincluding mandolin, banjo, and ukelele per DVM's original instructions, I have a total of 28 guitars now (20 electric guitars, 5 electric bass guitars, and 3 acoustics).

Happy New Year!

(in advance)

Algonquin
December 30th, 2009, 11:12 AM
More than I need, but not as many as I'd like. :)

Brian Krashpad
December 30th, 2009, 11:17 AM
More than I need, but not as many as I'd like. :)

Oh, don't be a tease. I see 10 in your sig if I'm counting right.

Show and tell!

Ilovecheapguitars
December 30th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I have 4 completely finished and playable, 1 being built and 2 that are complete for now.

Eric
December 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised that everybody owns so many axes. I have 3 electrics, 2 acoustics, and a bass, and I honestly feel like I own too many guitars.

Luckily, 2 of the electrics and the bass are on loan to friends right now, so I feel justified in owning them...

guitarhack
December 30th, 2009, 06:50 PM
7 for now, but always gassing for something interesting.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/lildog270/Guitar%20gear/IMG_0750.jpg

Brian Krashpad
December 31st, 2009, 08:09 AM
7 for now, but always gassing for something interesting.

We're lazy, always better to post inline:

That's a cool collection. The big head is an Earth? Tell us about that. Speaker cab underneath a 2x12? Also, the little Fender is an acoustic amp with 2x8 speakers, yes? If so, by odd coincidence I have a gutted version of that amp, just used as a 2x8 cab. Don't think I'd ever seen a pic of the full amp.

On the left is a DeArmond-- M-75? I used to have a very similar M-72 (dots instead of blocks), and an M-75 as well. Bosstastic guitars. I loves me them GoldTones (I still own a Jet Star with the same pups.) What is the P-90 guitar?

We all recognize the Charvel, Squire '51, the UK Epi Collegiate series bolt-neck, and the Peavey Classic (20 or 30?) amp. What are the acoustics?

Inquiring minds wanna know. :D

guitarhack
January 4th, 2010, 09:24 AM

We're lazy, always better to post inline:

That's a cool collection. The big head is an Earth? Tell us about that. Speaker cab underneath a 2x12? Also, the little Fender is an acoustic amp with 2x8 speakers, yes? If so, by odd coincidence I have a gutted version of that amp, just used as a 2x8 cab. Don't think I'd ever seen a pic of the full amp.

On the left is a DeArmond-- M-75? I used to have a very similar M-72 (dots instead of blocks), and an M-75 as well. Bosstastic guitars. I loves me them GoldTones (I still own a Jet Star with the same pups.) What is the P-90 guitar?

We all recognize the Charvel, Squire '51, the UK Epi Collegiate series bolt-neck, and the Peavey Classic (20 or 30?) amp. What are the acoustics?

Inquiring minds wanna know. :D
Thanks Brian. The head is an Earth G-2000 Super Guitar, 100 watts, and basically a clone (or copy) of a Twin. It's handwired point-to-point, and very loud through the 2 x 12. It also has reverb and tremelo onboard. The Fender amp is a Fender Sidekick Chorus 20 and it does have 2 8" speakers. The former owner replaced the original speakers with Pyle Drivers. The 2 x 12 cab is an Avatar G212H that I bought used. Great sounding cab with the Earth head. And the Peavey is a Classic 20. The P-90 guitar is a Tradition MTP-250 that I picked up at our local music shop. It's chambered mahogany and a very nice player, too, although I believe it's now discontinued. I won the Epi Collegiate in a fund-raising raffle. You can't see in the pic, but it's autographed by a couple of UK coaches and the late Bill Keightley, who was the basketball team's equipment manager for over 40 years and an icon in these parts. The Charvel is a model CSM-1G. The DeArmond M-75 is my latest acquisition. The acoustics are an old factory second Harmony Sovereign from '71, and a 2000 Taylor 310.

MAXIFUNK
January 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=41261&postcount=29

I made that pic my desktop pic on my work Laptop.
one day one day!

Auriemma
January 6th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Well... look at my signature... There is 10 listed, not including my first guitar that my soon-to-be 5 year old niece plays with.

(4) 6-string acoustics
(1) 12-string acoustic
(1) 4-string acoustic bass
(5) 6-string electrics