PDA

View Full Version : DVM Goes Tubular!!

duhvoodooman
March 19th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Well, looky here who won this one on eBay:

Peavey Delta Blues (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7398613618)

Love my AD30VT, but since I needed a second amp for my son to plug his Tele into (no wisecracks, Swede! ;) ), I decided to try something chock full of those little glass triode thingamajiggies! Didn't want to be dropping too much $, though, and Nelskie was good enough to point me towards some used Peavey amps as a good option.

Can hardly wait to blow a few SRV licks through it!! :R :R :R

Matt
March 19th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Damn that looks purdy. With all the fancy buttons and all... and being a 30W all tube, its going to be pretty loud. I can invisage you having alot of fun on that Voodoo, alot of fun :)

duhvoodooman
March 19th, 2006, 02:19 PM
...and being a 30W all tube, its going to be pretty loud. I can invisage you having alot of fun on that Voodoo
Yep, and a 15" speaker! Man, the cat is really gonna hate me. Not sure the rest of the family (other than my son) will be that thrilled, either! :eek: :D

warren0728
March 19th, 2006, 02:35 PM
looks like you got yourself a great deal....i love the look....can't wait to hear how it sounds!

ww

SuperSwede
March 19th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Love my AD30VT, but since I needed a second amp for my son to plug his Tele into (no wisecracks, Swede! ;)

Me? I would not even think of it! ;)

Congrats, those are great amps!

Spudman
March 19th, 2006, 05:32 PM
You are going to love that amp. Never, NEVER get rid of it. They keep going up in value and it's a loud 30 watts. Tons of classic tone. Put and overdrive in front of it and they really wail. We have one at the rehearsal space and the thing wails!

duhvoodooman
March 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
....i love the look....can't wait to hear how it sounds!
Sound is obviously the most important thing, but I agree w/ you, Warren, re: the looks. Love that "tweed retro" styling. Can hardly wait to plug in my Strat, dial the Tone Driver to the TS-808 emulation, and let fly on a little Pride and Joy, followed closely by the LP and anything nice & brown!! :R

tot_Ou_tard
March 19th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Wowee duhvoodooman!

By the way, I just got my AD30VT back from the shop!! After giving it the ol run through I finally installed the Celestion G10. It made a huge difference, but now you've got me gassing for a tube amp!

Well, I was gassing as it was...

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2006, 06:19 AM
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! UPS site shows the amp is on the delivery truck this morning. Gonna be a serious tube-driven tonefest at the DVM ranch tonight, let me tell ya!! :R :R :R

Tim
March 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Ok there VooDoo. We want to hear some clips and maybe see some pics.

Nelskie
March 23rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
Voovoo - I know you bought yourself a multi-effects pedal to use with your new Delta amp. But from one Peavey tube player to another, once you tap into that groovy tube mojo, effects may just go from "must have" to "occasional use". At least they did for me when I used that amp. Maybe a smidge of 'verb to give it some depth, maybe a little delay or chorus - that's pretty much all I use through it. Plus, your amp has that groovy tremelo setting. Anyways, my friend - welcome to Tubeville.

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
....effects may just go from "must have" to "occasional use". At least they did for me when I used that amp. Maybe a smidge of 'verb to give it some depth, maybe a little delay or chorus - that's pretty much all I use through it.
Yeah, that's exactly my thoughts. I scarfed up that used RP-200A to have the effects flexibility when I want it. But I expect that 90% of the time, it will be "just the 4 of us": me, the guitar, the Peavey and my Tone Driver pedal!

....Anyways, my friend - welcome to Tubeville.
Thanks, Nelsk! Great to be here!! :D

tot_Ou_tard
March 23rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
Sorry to be *harping* on this, but Tubeville is the PERFECT name for the tumbleweed town where the coyotes howl and the elphs spit.

Spudman
March 23rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
First it's a forum and now we have to go start an RPG video game called "Tubeville." I'm ok with that as long as I get to play the mad scientist locked away in his potato cellar trying to bring a french fry back from the dead.

SuperSwede
March 24th, 2006, 06:38 AM
I thought those were called "freedom fries" nowadays ;)

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/ALLPOLITICS/03/11/sprj.irq.fries/story.fries.jpg

Spudman
March 24th, 2006, 08:44 AM
My mistake. Burrp! Scuse me...while I kiss the sky.

Nelskie
March 24th, 2006, 10:47 AM
DVM's "My-wife-says-this-better-be-it-for-awhile" Equipment List:

That's classic, Voodoo. I used to have one of those lists, too. Used to. :p

Swede - Nice retort on the "Freedom Fries". By the way, how do you say "With this amph I get no screaming solos" in French? Yeah, try that one on for size.

Spudman - Thanks to your post, I will be pulling out "Young Frankenstein" from my DVD collection for a most enjoyable screening this evening. Perhaps some Ore-Ida "Crispers" are in order, instead of the obligatory popcorn snack? Mmmmmm . . . 'dose be some tasty taters!!! You ever eat your fries with gravy (country style or brown)? I know fries & gravy are a favorite of our brethren north of the border.

Robert
March 24th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Fries and gravy - you bet. How about some Poutine! Now that's the real thing! (well at least them over there in Quebec probably thinks so)

Nelskie
March 24th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Poutine? Wha? Is that the Canadian version of poontang? *oops* Sorry. That just slipped out.

SuperSwede
March 24th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Nelskie, I cannot speak a single word of french... french fries is all I know ;)

Robert
March 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Here is what you need to know about making Poutine -

http://www.thumper.net/tlkmag/archive/fun/poutine/

Nelskie
March 24th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Things are always easier to understand when cartoon characters are involved, aren't they? Thanks for the link, Robert. It's already making me hungry! :D

Tim
March 24th, 2006, 07:26 PM
And here I thought Robert was going to give away a famous Canadian/Swedish recipe for curing the crud and what it leaves behind. The hot sauce is a good ingredient to start with.

Spudman
March 24th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Ummm. Fry sauce mucho gut. Kennen sie "fry sauce" alles?