PDA

View Full Version : How many picks do you have?

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Just kidding!

Happy New Year! :beer:

warren0728
January 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
several....mostly 1mm big stubby's....but have been playing sans pick more often lately....

ww

just strum
January 3rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
I'm in between picks right now

luvmyshiner
January 3rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
There's one on ebay that I'm watching right now. I just hope it doesn't get damaged in shipping.:(

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Shiner, you'd better ask the seller to ship it with lots of extra insurance.

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
There's one on ebay that I'm watching right now. I just hope it doesn't get damaged in shipping.:(

LOL!!!! Robert, you are cracking me up lately too! Something in the water up t there this time of year? You need to take up skate skiing to tire yourself out more. :D :beer:

Algonquin
January 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Less picks than Spuds has Geetars.

Maybe I'll set up a 'roof shot' when the slow clears in July. :D

Spudman
January 3rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
How many picks do you have?:D :D

Just kidding!

Happy New Year! :beer:

Dude, you have lost your mind. I tried to warn you about that running stuff. Get a bike I said. It won't rattle your brain like running does. But did you listen? :thwap: :poke:

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM

Maybe I'll set up a 'roof shot' when the slow clears in July. :D

LOLOL!!!! I had not thought about that, but it is true for me as well.

warren0728
January 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
you guys should do your rooftop pick collection shots with snow on the ground (they will show up great against the white)....if i did that shot here in florida the pics would get lost in the grass and leaves!

ww

luvmyshiner
January 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Shiner, you'd better ask the seller to ship it with lots of extra insurance.

Robert, you are wise beyond your years! In fact, I think I'll ask him to insure it for twice . . . no, THREE times it's actual value! That way if it's damaged I'll be able to retire!:master:

Guitar Gal
January 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
:D :D

Just kidding! :beer:

Crap.....this was a JOKE :thwap:

and I was almost done counting too :messedup:

GG

warren0728
January 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Crap.....this was a JOKE :thwap:

and I was almost done counting too :messedup:
lol :rotflmao:

tunghaichuan
January 3rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
I know this is a joke, but I have over 200. About 20 years ago I bought a gross (144) of Fender medium picks at a local guitar shop because I got tired of losing them. Right after I bought them I stopped losing them :messedup: I still have most of them and two more boxes: a Sucrets box full of picks I don't use, and another full of other medium-thickness picks that I do use, including some Fender custom shop picks. They're the only thing I can afford from the custom shop :rotflmao:

tung

duhvoodooman
January 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Spuds has less picks than Spuds has geetars! ;) :rotflmao:

bigoldron
January 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Lately it seems like the only picking I'm succeeding at is my nose... :whatever: :messedup:

t_ross33
January 3rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Picked up a handful of these bad boys - total Rock N Roll :cool:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/125477da94a0cc0c.jpg

Jim Dunlops .63 to .7 depends how I'm feeling :D

Spudman
January 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Spuds has less picks than Spuds has geetars! ;) :rotflmao:

Looks like I'm off to do another roof shot.

Robert
January 3rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
GG, so how far did you end up counting? HEHE :D

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Screw it GG, go back to counting & be *proud* of it :D.

I did, I have an even 100.

I need four more & then maybe I can trade Spud two picks each for his guitars.

In fact, there probably are 4 somewhere on the carpet here....crawl...look...

Bloozcat
January 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I think I may have inadvertently left a male and a female pick alone in a drawer of my workbench...

I can't count them all now....:o

warren0728
January 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I think I may have inadvertently left a male and a female pick alone in a drawer of my workbench...

I can't count them all now....:o
wonder what kind of "pick" up line he used....sounds like it was a good one! :rotflmao:

ww

Radioboy950
January 4th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I was gassing for picks. So I bought a modeling pick, which emulates a number of different picks. :messedup:

warren0728
January 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I was gassing for picks. So I bought a modeling pick, which emulates a number of different picks. :messedup:
:rotflmao: :beer: :master:

Guitar Gal
January 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Screw it GG, go back to counting & be *proud* of it :D.

That's right Tot....

Well I am "proud" to say that I have 276 picks :AOK:

Hope no one gets "pick envy" :rotflmao:

GG

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I second Warren:
:rotflmao::beer::master:

but prefer an all tube pick for that on the verge of break-up...

*CRASH*

Sheeeiiit!!!

warren0728
January 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
but prefer an all tube pick for that on the verge of break-up...
absolutely....and if you drop one and the lighting is bad...they are easy to find 'cause of that nice orange glow!! :dude:

ww

Robert
January 4th, 2008, 05:54 PM
That's right Tot....

Hope no one gets "pick envy" :rotflmao:

GG

:D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now that is funny!

warren0728
January 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Hope no one gets "pick envy"
now that's funny....i don't care who you are! :beer: :pancake:

ww

just strum
January 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yesterday when I saw the first post I wouldn't have imagined 29+ responses, then again, I should have know better by now.

GG is a front runner on the response, followed closely by Radioboy.:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Spudman
January 4th, 2008, 07:19 PM
GG

You have much patience Grasshopperette. :)

Now snatch the Coricidin bottle from my hand.

tjcurtin1
January 4th, 2008, 09:57 PM
And to think I ALMOST didn't read this thread given the title - and look what I would have missed...!

egopicks
January 27th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Thought this would be the perfect place to jump in and introduce myself.

I'm currently sitting at around 10,000 plus guitar picks! My son's band is NEVER looking for picks in this place! LOL

I actually do custom guitar picks in small and large quantities. If anyone's looking, I'd love it if you would check out my website at www.egopicks.com (http://www.egopicks.com).

Cheers from Canada!

@nthony
January 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I've got a pick that's labelled 'Made in USA' how can i be sure its not a cheap 'Made in Mexico' copy?

Any tips on how to modify this pick. I was thinking maybe spend a few pence and I could get it to sound like a pick five times the value.

sumitomo
January 27th, 2010, 10:07 AM
To find out if it is a REAL made in the USA,just smell it,yep if it smell's like a pick it's the real mccoy.Now to modify it use super glue to build up edges ect.but make sure you let the super glue dry on your fingers before you take a piss,dont' ask! Sumi:D

EnglishJW
January 27th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Thought this would be the perfect place to jump in and introduce myself.

I'm currently sitting at around 10,000 plus guitar picks! My son's band is NEVER looking for picks in this place! LOL

I actually do custom guitar picks in small and large quantities. If anyone's looking, I'd love it if you would check out my website at www.egopicks.com (http://www.egopicks.com).

Cheers from Canada!

Nice product but only one thickness?

Brian Krashpad
January 27th, 2010, 11:15 AM
People actually counted?

AND had into 3 figures?

Mine are constantly running and hiding from me. I can never find more than a couple dozen, max. And that's on a good day. More often about half that. Plus, I have to have 3 different thicknesses, one for guitar, one for bass guitar, and one for mandolin.

EnglishJW
January 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
It appears we have agreed not to count ... Can we try something different? What shape, thickness or materials do you prefer for your picks? I play bass and guitar. My picks tend to be heavy. For well over a year, I have stayed with Dunlop (manufacturer) Tortex (material) Wedges (shape) of 1.00 or 1.14 (thickness). How about the rest of you?

mainestratman
January 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM
This is all I have left in the world for picks... :-(

It's a crap shoot around here.. I either have a coffee can full of them, or four.

Which brings up a funny story... I was itching to practice one day many moons ago, there wasn't a pick in the house. Except one... that I'd gotten from Frank Hannon at a Frank Hannon Band show. While I'm agonizing about whether or not I should use it, Frank's voice popped into my head: "Dude.. it's a pick." So I used it (not that it made me any better, but what the hell)...

I retold that tale on Frank's forum after the incident.. everyone got a big chuckle out of it.

Two years later, at a Tesla show, Frank leaned down to where I was standing (right in front of him, of course.. lol) and handed me a "replacement" pick. LOL

Okay.. that was my 5 seconds of "I rule more than anyone". :cool:

BigBadWolf1171
January 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM
This is all I have left in the world for picks... :-(

It's a crap shoot around here.. I either have a coffee can full of them, or four.

Which brings up a funny story... I was itching to practice one day many moons ago, there wasn't a pick in the house. Except one... that I'd gotten from Frank Hannon at a Frank Hannon Band show. While I'm agonizing about whether or not I should use it, Frank's voice popped into my head: "Dude.. it's a pick." So I used it (not that it made me any better, but what the hell)...

I retold that tale on Frank's forum after the incident.. everyone got a big chuckle out of it.

Two years later, at a Tesla show, Frank leaned down to where I was standing (right in front of him, of course.. lol) and handed me a "replacement" pick. LOL

Okay.. that was my 5 seconds of "I rule more than anyone". :cool:

tesla rocks !!! i grab a small pack of picks (different sizes)everytime i hit the guitar store just so ill never run out. with 3 cats i never know when ill wake up to chewed or destroyed pics. i also keep a pick in my wallet for the "on the fly moments' lol

guitarhack
January 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I have 3 that I can find. I'm sure there's a couple more hiding somewhere.

Robert
January 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I think I have more picks than Jeff Beck, at least. Maybe Knopfler too. :)

mainestratman
January 27th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Robert.. you don't need picks.. :-)

peachhead
January 27th, 2010, 10:24 PM

I have lots of coffee cans but not enough picks.

Can't believe I missed this thread.... :thwap