PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get an MF coupon?

marnold
January 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Today in the mail I got a coupon (pronounced "KOO pin" a la Ron White) from Musician's Friend, offering 10% off and free shipping basically as an thanks for patience/apology because of the warehouse move this summer. I don't know if I got this because I ordered my Floyd around that time or what. Free shipping usually isn't hard to get from them, but 10% is 10%. Of course, I wasn't _planning_ on getting anything, but my birthday is in about a month and the coupon is good until February 29 . . .

tjcurtin1
January 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hmmmm... yes, I got one too, but mine was from 'Rob Eastman, CEO' and - I hate to say this Marnold... mine was for 20% off! Gee, I feel kinda important now! It's sure not because I'm a big spending customer. And I don't need anything either, but it sure makes you think twice!

just strum
January 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Carvin catalog and my son's tuition bill for Kent State - the two just don't go hand-in-hand:(

duhvoodooman
January 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Carvin catalog and my son's tuition bill for Kent State - the two just don't go hand-in-hand:(
Geez, Strum, there oughta be some kind of law against timing like that! :reallymad:

Yeah, I got the 20% coupon, too. And in the small print, there are only 3 brands excluded: Apple, Bose and Shure. So all the guitar brands are "in play". Oh, this is bad, very bad.... :eek: ;)

Sblack
January 5th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I got the 10% off as well, marnold. Maybe they gave coupon discounts according to the amount spent during the warehouse move. I bought an effect pedal that was delayed.

You are right -- 10% off can be a nice thing. This coupon has prompted me to finally consider a new amp. I am in a dilemna, however. They have the Peavey Bandit marked down to $299.00, but there is a $70 truck shipping fee that is added! I guess I'll look for a Bandit somewhere else.

The Bandit is the amp I am looking to get, since I had one about six years ago and have been chasing its tone ever since I sold it for my tube amp quest. A Fender Deluxe, Fender Hot Rod Deville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall TSL602, and several other tube amps later, I settled on a Line 6 Spider. All the tube amps I tried were either too loud or one-trick ponies for me. Solid state is really my thing; it has been since I started playing in 1985. But I really miss that Bandit's tone. :thwap:

just strum
January 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Geez, Strum, there oughta be some kind of law against timing like that! :reallymad:

Yeah, I got the 20% coupon, too. And in the small print, there are only 3 brands excluded: Apple, Bose and Shure. So all the guitar brands are "in play". Oh, this is bad, very bad.... :eek: ;)

DVM, I seldom take the seals off the catalogs anymore, I want to obtain that level of satisfaction we discussed in one of the other threads. In a funny way, getting a tuition bill helps me achieve that.

tot_Ou_tard
January 5th, 2008, 09:04 AM
No coupon here,

wanna sell me yours?

Just Kidding!

hindmarsh
January 15th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Yep, got my 20% coupon. I've spent many hours deciding how to best maximize my 20%. Epiphone Elitist Les Paul, Gibson SG, nice tube amp, pedals, what's a guy to do? I'd love to be able to say, "but I saved over $600.00!" What a GAS...:beer:

Spudman
January 15th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I still haven't gotten one either and I do a lot of business with them. Cheapskates.:reallymad:

sunvalleylaw
January 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Huh, I got one. Mine was the 10% and free shipping. I had a return issue last year once. Don't know if or for what I would use it at this point.

hindmarsh
January 15th, 2008, 11:27 PM
The feeling I get is that you had to have placed an order that got really goofed up during their move of their warehouse. I had placed an order for some band supplies for my son including several packs of reeds prior to the school year and the reeds didn't show up until November.:thwap:

Bloozcat
January 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I suppose this could be interpreted as, "Thanks to all of you who's orders we screwed up. So sorry, to the rest of you who've spent lot's of money with us and didn't get the coupon. Maybe we can screw you this year and you'll get a coupon too. Better luck this year."

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for MF. By trying to make amends with those whose orders MF messed up, it could be seen as slighting those who've been good customers but didn't have any orders messed up.

I think I'll just be happy for those who had problems and got the coupon, and leave it at that. :)

sunvalleylaw
February 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Well, I on the last day of the promo placed an order for a bunch of miscellaneous, (strap locks for my and my son's guitars, guitar/pedal cable, a pink strap for my little girl's guitar, plus strap buttons for the same, one spot extender, can't think of what else) and got it at a nice discount and free shipping for all that miscellaneous that would usually cost more in shipping than the item. Total was like $52 or so. Seemed like they were giving me a better discount than I thought I was going to get. Pretty nice!