PDA

View Full Version : Bloody, bruised, broken finger practise.

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Since I smashed the ring finger of my picking hand in the front door (fraturing the bone) I have been working on my fretting hand. I've got a big ol' bloody gauze wrapped splint on the sore finger.

I can pick, just not very quickly or accurately. So I am doing doing things that increase the dexterity & stretch of my left-hand & which increase fretboard awareness.

R_of_G
January 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I had a similar experience a few years ago when I was cooking and seriously slashed my left index finger [almost removing the tip entirely]. obviously i was unable to practice at all with my left hand for a few days so i did a lot of right hand work then. I'm still exceptionally anxious with a knife in my hands after that experience.

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I had a similar experience a few years ago when I was cooking and seriously slashed my left index finger [almost removing the tip entirely]. obviously i was unable to practice at all with my left hand for a few days so i did a lot of right hand work then. I'm still exceptionally anxious with a knife in my hands after that experience.

I'm *powerful 'fraid* of doors right now.

Don't say

*SLAM*

near me, or I might just kick you in the canucks (;) :rotflmao:;)).

GREENMACHINE
January 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hey Tot
Well I guess you got the guitar bug too, we just can't put 'em down no matter how hurt we get lol. Good idea though, I should start working on my fretting hand some more too.

Hope your finger gets better soon dude.
GREENMACHINE

Robert
January 4th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Get better soon, Tot!

SLAM!

Oops.... :D

R_of_G
January 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm *powerful 'fraid* of doors right now.

Don't say

*SLAM*

near me, or I might just kick you in the canucks (;) :rotflmao:;)).

great, first i turn you into a Dark Tower junkie and now you're afraid of doors!:rotflmao:

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
great, first i turn you into a Dark Tower junkie and now you're afraid of doors!:rotflmao: :rotflmao:Guess I'm stuck in this world until I go todash. :rotflmao:

thanks GREENMACHINE! :AOK: (I still have a good Thumb).

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Get better soon, Tot!

SLAM!

Oops.... :D
*KICK!!!*

Right smack in the canuck!

...I warned ya!

R_of_G
January 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
:rotflmao:Guess I'm stuck in this world until I go todash. :rotflmao:

If Roland comes across a door labeled "The Tot" you're going, like it or not.

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I know, I know.

How do you think I *got* here?!?

Robert
January 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Well the door is better than those monster lobstrosities, the ones that chump off two fingers in one bite, eh?

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Well the door is better than those monster lobstrosities, the ones that chump off two fingers in one bite, eh?
You don't have to tell me..they've been following my bloody oozing finger around all night with their lawyerly arguments.

No percoset for me tonight!!!