PDA

View Full Version : hey

andyl
January 5th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hi, I'm Andy, 23 yr old guitarist from ireland. Been playing 6 years in and out of 3 and 4 piece bands. At present i've plateau'd as far as my playing goes, and i felt that joining a forum full of enthusiastic and helpful individuals could be a positive step to overcoming my present limitations.

As far as gear goes, I've got just some bog standard stuff and some vintage...

Gibson Sg Special and an Upgraded Mex Strat.

Ampwise - Hiwatt Dr103 ('72) head... Modded Peavey Windsor Head

Valve Junior Head... Marshall (ancient) 4X12, Home-made Celestion 2X12

Boss GT-6.... DS-1, Guvnor pedals.

Anyway, thats enough from me, hello to all :)

Andy

just strum
January 5th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hello Andy,

Well, I think you stumbled on a forum that provides a lot of good information and offers help in a very friendly manner.

You've got some nice equipment there. What sort of music do you enjoy to play?

Looking forward to your contribution to the forum and I think you'll enjoy the company of everyone here.

Spudman
January 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Hi, I'm Andy, At present i've plateau'd as far as my playing goes.

Never a plateau. More like a pub stop on the way to the pub.;)

Welcome to the forum.

andyl
January 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hello Andy,

Well, I think you stumbled on a forum that provides a lot of good information and offers help in a very friendly manner.

You've got some nice equipment there. What sort of music do you enjoy to play?

Looking forward to your contribution to the forum and I think you'll enjoy the company of everyone here.

Anything at all, I mean anything. I used to play in a multitude of cover bands, so kinda had to be versatile. At the minute I'm really enjoying experimenting with blues scales and fusion stuff, something a little different.
With the bigger amps I used to gig doing alot of classic rock stuff, hence the hiwatt and the SG, bit predictable eh? hahhahaha.

andyl
January 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Never a plateau. More like a pub stop on the way to the pub.;)

Welcome to the forum.
hahahah cheers, much appreciated :)

Katastrophe
January 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome! This is a great place to be, with all different backgrounds and experience levels. Look forward to your posts!

pes_laul
January 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Welcome andy! WHat kind of covers do you do?

andyl
January 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Welcome! This is a great place to be, with all different backgrounds and experience levels. Look forward to your posts!

Robert
January 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome Andy, you're not the first Irishmen we've wrestled with, so we can handle you. :D

Adrian30
January 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome andyl! Nice to have another member from Ireland.

luvmyshiner
January 5th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard Andy.

warren0728
January 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM
welcome andy....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

andyl
January 5th, 2008, 08:19 PM
glad to hear I'm not the first irishman to infiltrate this place :D

mrmudcat
January 5th, 2008, 08:23 PM
welcome:rockon:

tot_Ou_tard
January 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
glad to hear I'm not the first irishman to infiltrate this place :D
:rotflmao:Always inflitrating :rotflmao:

Lev, you wanna come out of the woodwork & raise a Guinness to your countryman?

Heck, I'll go get me one, or a Beamish, or a ...

Cheers & welcome!

andyl
January 5th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Cheers & welcome!

much appreciated :beer: :beer:

ted s
January 5th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Welcome Andy, "enthusiastic and helpful individuals", yup, you will find them here !
Show us where you are on the fretters map eh ?
.......vv down there vv

sunvalleylaw
January 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Andy, good to meet you and nice to have you join!

oldguy
January 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Welcome to TheFret, Andy!:) Glad you joined us here. Plateau? Nah, you're like everyone, just resting up for the next sprint.......:D

t_ross33
January 6th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Latha math dhuibh

:beer:

Trev

Guitar Gal
January 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Welcome aboard Andy :beer:

GG

M29
January 6th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome Andy :AOK:

M29

andyl
January 6th, 2008, 02:14 PM
thank you all so much, haven't had a welcome like that in many years! :AOK:

Lev
January 7th, 2008, 02:25 AM

Cheers & welcome!

Yeah, sorry been in the woodwork for a while, moving house and doing exams (..oh and I'm 3 months from being a Daddy for the first time - so been pram shopping too). I only get time to have a quick read through theFret posts but I will be back to post some more soon!

Welcome Andy, great to have another Irishman on board! What part of Ireland are you based in? Glad to hear you're diggin the blues, I'd started to think musicians here in Ireland only played metal.

Brian Krashpad
January 7th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Sead mille failte!

duhvoodooman
January 7th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Andy. We're glad to have you here! :AOK: :beer:

Iago
January 7th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Welcome Andy.. so you like Rory Gallagher?

Maybe someone forgot to tell you, but gear pictures are also an obligation! :D

andyl
January 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah, sorry been in the woodwork for a while, moving house and doing exams (..oh and I'm 3 months from being a Daddy for the first time - so been pram shopping too). I only get time to have a quick read through theFret posts but I will be back to post some more soon!

Welcome Andy, great to have another Irishman on board! What part of Ireland are you based in? Glad to hear you're diggin the blues, I'd started to think musicians here in Ireland only played metal.
hahaha its true the vast majority of irish guitarists are playing metal, odd huh? only recently got into blues, really enjoying learning though. I'm from kildare, but live in Dublin some of the time. how bout your where you from?

Bloozcat
January 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Welcome aboard, Andy!

I'm sure you'll like it here. Plenty of friendly folks!

Fat Strings
January 7th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Welcome man! I'm not quite from Ireland, but I have an Irish history so.....yeah.....? Anyway, I'm sure Lagrange would love to hear what kinds of mods you've made to your Peavey Windsor head.....he's in love with that thing......

FS

t_ross33
January 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM
thank you all so much, haven't had a welcome like that in many years! :AOK:

Helps increase our post count :rotflmao:

Trev

andyl
January 7th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome andy! WHat kind of covers do you do?
sorry for only replyin now, didnt see this post for a while. In the bands i'v been in its been mostly Led Zep - AC/DC - Thin Lizzy stuff and then anything upto Queens of the Stoneage and Kings of Leon. Its always good to be that eclectic, more gigs = more money :) you gig with covers band?

Lev
January 8th, 2008, 02:38 AM
hahaha its true the vast majority of irish guitarists are playing metal, odd huh? only recently got into blues, really enjoying learning though. I'm from kildare, but live in Dublin some of the time. how bout your where you from?

I'm from Dublin, living in Kilkenny & working in Kildare - so I don't get too much guitar time anymore - if only I could play the guitar while driving!!

andyl
January 10th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I'm from Dublin, living in Kilkenny & working in Kildare - so I don't get too much guitar time anymore - if only I could play the guitar while driving!!

Jesus u commute from kilkenny - kildare every day? I feel sorry for you dude!!! And the way traffic has gotten I can understand the definite lack of guitar time!!!