PDA

View Full Version : Spudman, did you lose a ball?

Robert
January 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Just askin'.... seen your tagline...

"one-balled man"?

What happened, accident while on the bike? :thwap:

Spudman
January 6th, 2008, 11:57 PM
(said in voice one octave higher than usual) Nope. I'm fine, but thanks for your concern.:beer:

If you'll notice the guitar in my avatar is an Ernie Ball Musicman. Since I'm only getting one at this time I can henceforth be known as "a one balled man." Besides, it's too darn cold to ride bike right now and what you mentioned ain't never going to happen either. A fella needs both of them puppies to play rock and roll. :dude:

Robert
January 7th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Ok, good then. I was worried your rock'n roll days were over. :dude:

How's that new ball (the 3rd?) working out? The one that used to be Ernie's, but is now Spudman's?

Is it your #1 ball, err, I mean guitar now? :D

Spudman
January 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM
You must have missed my post on this.
The guitar (Ball) in question is on order and will be freshly made for me. It will be at the dealers sometime late February or March. At that time if I am lucky enough to have it fully paid for (they ain't cheap) then they will ship it to me at that time. So my Ball will be in the mail and shortly after that I will have one Ball...and I'm off to the rodeo.

Robert
January 7th, 2008, 08:54 AM
So don't have the Ball yet? False declaration here! :thwap:

sunvalleylaw
January 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM
You must have missed my post on this.
...and I'm off to the rodeo.

Get your right step right, Get off the stage you . . . . :D

For a different reference, you are an excellent cyclist, but you are no Lance. :poke:

Fat Strings
January 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM
So at the moment, you are without said "ball", and are awaiting this "ball". So would I be wrong in assuming that you are on a "ball" waiting list? This could go terribly wrong so I'll stop here....

FS

Spudman
January 7th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Get your right step right, Get off the stage you . . . . :D

For a different reference, you are an excellent cyclist, but you are no Lance. :poke:

You're no Bode Miller either. How's that grab ya?

Lance and I do have one thing in common...we are both one balled men...and incredibly handsome.

Robert
January 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Well I'm having a ball reading this thread...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
January 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
You're no Bode Miller either. How's that grab ya?

Lance and I do have one thing in common...we are both one balled men...and incredibly handsome.

No I'm not, but at least I know it. :rotflmao: :beer:

Fat Strings
January 7th, 2008, 10:22 AM
So let's say I was at the shop to pick up some Ernie Ball strings, would I say I purchase a set of "balls"?

FS

Fat Strings
January 7th, 2008, 10:23 AM
HA! Or.....if I described the strings I used as Ernie Balls, would I say that I play with "balls"? Oh this is nasty, I need to call my pastor..........
FS

Spudman
January 7th, 2008, 11:04 AM
The difficult thing about owning such a nice guitar is that you constantly have to keep it clean. You don't want your friends to see your fuzzy, dirty balls do you?

luvmyshiner
January 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
The difficult thing about owning such a nice guitar is that you constantly have to keep it clean. You don't want your friends to see your fuzzy, dirty balls do you?

Shouldn't that be "fuzzy, dirty ball"?

R_of_G
January 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM
huh huh, ball. sorry, couldn't help myself, the inner beavis escaped.

Spudman
January 7th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Shouldn't that be "fuzzy, dirty ball"?
After you get one ball you can't just stop there. Many ball owners have at least two. I'm also thinking of a Silhouette or a JP. Hence the pluralism.

tunghaichuan
January 7th, 2008, 12:36 PM
This thread reminds me of the "Schwete Balls" skit on SNL a few years ago. Alec Baldwin was "Schwete"

tung

duhvoodooman
January 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
So don't have the Ball yet? False declaration here! :thwap:
It is as I suspected. Spuds has no Balls whatsoever!

pes_laul
January 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah I always get wierd looks when I say "I just put a pair of ernie balls on my guitar" :eek: