PDA

View Full Version : Good Compact Digital Camera?

Robert
March 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Warren and other experts - a good all-around camera with above 5 megapixels resolution - what to get? Canon Digital Elph? Or any other ideas? I am looking for something better than the entry-level stuff; closer to professional without going SLR.

warren0728
March 20th, 2006, 12:42 PM
robert....in my opinion you can not go wrong with the canon line of cameras. I have the 5 megapixel canon elph and love it. The images are great right out of the camera (very little color correction needed) and the lenses are very sharp.

I also use canon digital slrs for my pro work with "L" series lenses and they are terrific as well!

Most of the pictures on my .mac photo website were shot with the elph including the nyc pics and the vacation pics.

Let me know if you want me to send you some full resolution pics from the canon elph.

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 20th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Rob get something waterproof for use when you and I go fly fishing.... :)

marnold
March 21st, 2006, 01:04 PM
I've got a Canon PowerShot A80 that I love. It's an older 4.0 megapixel camera. Remember that megapixels are not all "it". A lot of mexapixels with an inferior lens means nothing more than several times more noise.

I've seen several Kodak cameras and have not been impressed by any of them.

Tim
March 21st, 2006, 01:45 PM
Ok, if the lens makes the camera and not necessary the pixels, then let’s talk about cameras that are known to have good lenses. I will be buying one within the next 6 months.

warren0728
March 21st, 2006, 02:41 PM
IMHO...canon and nikon....everything else is below those 2.

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 21st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Nikon user. 4 mega pixels and it takes damn fine photos.