PDA

View Full Version : Blues Box Amps

Robert
January 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Check out these amps - http://members.cox.net/thebluesbox/1.html

Anyone heard of this guy? Apparently they cost very little, like 400 - 500 or less.

tunghaichuan
January 8th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Check out these amps - http://members.cox.net/thebluesbox/1.html

Anyone heard of this guy? Apparently they cost very little, like 400 - 500 or less.

Thanks for posting that, I had never heard of them.

I think this statement says it all:

This disclaimer is to show notice to all buyers that we do not warranty any of the items we sell. The custom built and assembled amps are a mixture of vintage and new parts therefore we only sell "as is" the vintage parts are old and contain vintage components and we can not warranty this. Some parts such as cabinet and hardware, speakers etc will be new or used depending on each units parts compilation.
By buying any item you understand that the items within this site for sale are sold as is and not under any warranty.
We test items and components to the best of our ability and assure our customers that when we ship out an item its as discribed in the items details. If an item has problems, blemishes, etc and are to be sold as such it will be noted in the items details assuring the buyer to be fully aware of this. After tested and shipped we can not be responsible for the item if something goes out because these items are vintage and sold as is. If something does go out after the buyer has purchased we are sorry and hope you can get it fixed with minimal cost, but assure that we tested and did not find problems that we did not list. Items are "Boutique" custom assembled and designed units, sometimes being one of a kind Amp.
We are not responsible for any item after date of sale for warranty and or any other liablities of the item. All Items are sold as is for any questions please contact us at

The amps are made from recycled PA amps, old guitar amps, etc. And while the builder(s) state(s) this up front, I'd be hesitant to buy one if I didn't have any amp fixing chops.

tung

stingx
January 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I'll pass.

At first I thought Robert was referring to Chicago Blues Box which is Buddy Guy's amp.