PDA

View Full Version : Steve Lukather

Spudman
January 8th, 2008, 07:19 PM
The new Steve Lukather album Ever Changing Times (http://74.52.219.210/~ride/steve_promo/steve_lukather.html)is coming soon this spring 2008.

The link will let you preview a few of the new songs. Sounds like it's going to be another good one.

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
That will be a good one to look out for. Doesn't he play one of those Go Nad guitars? ;)

Spudman
January 8th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Why yes he does. In fact he has several Nads some of which are very rare. And he's even a Nad designer.;)

Adrian30
January 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah, they look almost like that Johnson strat copy in Spud's avatar.:poke: ;)

Spudman
January 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, they look almost like that Johnson strat copy in Spud's avatar.:poke: ;)

Ouch!:punch:

duhvoodooman
January 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Well, it's certainly important to have a Johnson to supplement your Go Nads....guitar-wise, of course.

Adrian30
January 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
No "ouch reaction" intended. Just making fun of myself here.:)

Spudman
January 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
So....I'm excited for the new album.:)

Johnson - Go Nad - sheesh. How did you guys get so twisted?:messedup:

Spudman
February 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Here is the newest video from Steve's newest album "Ever Changing Times"
http://www.toto99.com/multimedia/videos/ect_video.shtml

Steve is also up against Brian May as 'best rock guitarist."
http://www.votenumber1.com/vote1rockguitarist.html

Katastrophe
February 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
So....I'm excited for the new album.:)

Johnson - Go Nad - sheesh. How did you guys get so twisted?:messedup:

It was the snow ninja physicists, I tell ya. :poke: :D

Spudman
March 7th, 2008, 12:27 AM
From Steve's web site.

Luke winner best rock guitarist poll
Posted by Arend (arend@slagman.com)on Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:20:07 AM

Steve Lukather turned out to be the winner of the Best Rock Guitarist competition at VoteNumber1.com (http://www.votenumber1.com/results1rockguitarist.html). In the final lap he got more votes than his peer Brian May (Queen).
Lukather: 'Well this is too much. Hahaha.
I really dont know what to say. I do NOT deserve this title by a long shot. Its funny as Brian May and I were in a dead heat at the end I still find myself baffled at the whole concept. Is this April fools day EARLY?
I look at who was on that poll and I realize that THEY ALL should have kicked my ***. I am friends with most of them.
I am not the greatest anything. I really dont think anyone could be. To be humble, and I am, I want to thank all who did this but I hardly think I am in the same league as Jimi, Brian, Beck, Page and all the rest. THOSE guys are the innovators. I am just a guy who is lucky enough to get paid to play the guitar and have enjoyed success for over 30 years, but this?
I didnt realize that so many people voted from 40 different countries. Surely there must be a mistake? Hahaha.
I am speechless.
I was going back and forth on e-mail this morning with Brian and we were both cracking up. He is SUCH a nice man and a soulful deep, smart and ****ing talented guy! I appreciate the kind words from him and all the people. I am SURE that the metal heads are freaking out as most of them hate me, hahaha. But hey, they already hate me. Hahaha.
These sort of things are all meant in fun and not to be taken seriously. I was watching this the past few days and I was cracking up. My kids got into it and their friends and I imagine thats how it goes with this stuff. The criteria is rather lax. I am not worthy but thanks to all who took the time.

Please pass this on to the proper sites that need to get it so I can avoid being flamed to death. Hahaha.
Have a great day. I am off to New Zealand. God Bless, Luke."

Brian May (brianmay.com): "My Congratulations to Luke!!! Luke is Boss now!!! He's my Bro', but he's the Boss!!! He is incredible. Truly incredible. But we both feel kinda embarrassed at the attention... we would probably both vote for Jeff Beck!! Hahaha! Cheers and ... Rock! Bri"

sunvalleylaw
March 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
That is really cool. Both he and Brian appear to be nice guys.

Spudman
March 7th, 2008, 01:04 AM
They'd better be nice after all the money I've given them.:D

Spudman
March 23rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Here is a compilation video of the making of Ever Changing Times featuring Paul McCartney's drummer and Leland Sklar on bass (John Lennon and everyone else in the world). The video features a lot of great studio footage.

NVa_zzWgf_U