PDA

View Full Version : Mack HS Combo?

Radioboy950
January 8th, 2008, 10:08 PM
What ever happened to Mack's plans to launch a combo version of it's Heatseeker? I could swear I was reading awhile ago on their website that one was coming. But perhaps the launch has been delayed? Still offering the head and a cab in the product lineup.
This is a cool amp. Sounds great, based on the clips on their website...and of course Robert's demos.

Robert
January 9th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Oh, my "new" head is coming on the 15th! It's has a new cabinet which looks better, plus it has the effects loop I wanted. I will now be able to use my Lexicon reverb in it. More videos to come then. The amp I had was a loaner until my "real" one was finished.

The amp sounds great. It is the best amp I've had, tone-wise. It has the big, vintage Marshall type of tone. The notes just explodes off the strings. Very touch-dynamic.

I think the combo is still coming. It is mentioned on http://www.mackamps.com/News.asp

Algonquin
January 9th, 2008, 08:37 AM
The guitar shop I picked up my new Tele from mentioned that they will be retailing the Mack Amps soon. Should be fun to go have a look when they get them in.

Algonquin
January 9th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Just listened to the sound clips on the Mack site, Richard Smyth recorded them. I guess that's why this shop will be selling them, as Richard is a Guitar instructor there. An absolutely fantastic player!

Have a listen to his clips... they sound great. :bravo:

Radioboy950
January 9th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Oh, my "new" head is coming on the 15th! It's has a new cabinet which looks better, plus it has the effects loop I wanted. I will now be able to use my Lexicon reverb in it. More videos to come then. The amp I had was a loaner until my "real" one was finished.

So, Robert...
Is the one you currently play a “one off” or early build prototype?
Has there been a redesign of the Heatseeker??
I’m very intrigued by these amps.

Robert
January 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
The innards of my amp are the same as on the current model. Mine was the "early version" - the difference is the cabinet. Don was making the cabs himself at first, but now he has them made for him, with a better end result, he says.

So mine is an early version, where the only difference is the housing of the electronic doodads'n stuff (to put it in technical terms... :) )

amphead
January 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hi everyone,

Don from Mack Amps here. Yes, we will be launching a combo version of the Heatseeker HS-18 in February.

As well we will be launching the Heatseeker HS-36, a 4-EL84 version of the Heatseeker as well as the Skyraider SR-15 (dual 6V6s) and the Skyraider SR-30 (quad 6V6s). All amps will be available in both head/cab and combo versions.

The first Heatseeker Robert had was a new chassis in an old cabinet.

The chassis' are a now fully enclosed anodized aluminum and now feature very stringent hand wired construction. The circuit boards are still eyelet type and hand wired, but they are now done by a specialty assembly company that normally does work for the telecom and military industries. As a result my quality is up and consistency is 100%. Plus all amps are safety certified.

The cabinets for both the head and speaker have been redesigned too. I'll try to post some photos in a few minutes.

Lots happening at Mack! We'll be at NAMM next week in the Eastwood Guitars booth with a new Tolex covered Airline 18W combo (that we build for Eastwood) and two Mack Heatseeker rigs featuring our new cabinet design.

Thanks for your interest. If you have any questions let me know.

amphead
January 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hello again,

Here are links to the front page (http://www.mackamps.com/dm_private/acr166.pdf) and back page (http://www.mackamps.com/dm_private/acr161.pdf)of a marketing piece that we will be using at NAMM to help sign dealers. We're making a big push in the next few months to sign dealers throughout North America.

The piece features hi-res photos of the new head cab stuffed with a new chassis and the new 1X12 CB speaker cab. It'll also give you a sneak preview of the ad campaign that we will be starting in both Guitar Player and Vintage Guitar in March ... hint: there are more ads than the three you see here! We'll be alternating them every month in each mag!

I'd love to see your comments if you have any.

Again, thanks for your interest!

mrmudcat
January 10th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Oh wow im onboard fo-sho!!! Roberts suttle pimping of his mack definitely got my interest but more versions and combos plus modest pricing:crazyguy:

Only thing I might personally like is a choice of speaker options for just the cabs only.(I know it would not be feasibile on a production combo)I would love some choice celestions or webers:rockon:

Is there a standby switch on the upcoming models ??

Does not appear to be any on the current mack head ,is this correct????:poke: