PDA

View Full Version : Me liking the Hagstrom Super Swede

Robert
January 9th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I went to the local music store and tried out SuperSwede! No, not our beloved forum dude SuperSwede, I'm talking about the guitar! The one I tried was in gold sunburst, very pretty I think. There's also a white one that looks killer.

It is really nice. I can get it for under $600, brand new. I am thinking after I pay off they collectors waiting to slit my throat, I'll go and feed my G.A.S. problem with a Super Swede. Very nice guitar (and dude)! :dude:

Tone2TheBone
January 9th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Now yer talkin'. Those SS guitars are sweet. I can easily see you with one. Get it.

Brian Krashpad
January 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Cool! The only negatives I've heard about the RI Hagstrom imports had to do with early production runs and the stuff they use for the fretboards (not wood, some resin-based composite, iirc). I've always thought those Hagstroms were cool. There's a band of very attractive hotties, from Sweden iirc, called Sahara Hot Nights (of all things) that had 2 gals whose main guitars were a Hagstrom Super Swede (old one, not RI) and a white Guild S-100 (offset SG-type). Unfortunately, iirc they lost one or both of those guitars to theft while touring.

If you buy we'll need pics and further review!

t_ross33
January 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I went to the local music store and tried out SuperSwede! No, not our beloved forum dude SuperSwede, I'm talking about the guitar! The one I tried was in gold sunburst, very pretty I think. There's also a white one that looks killer.

It is really nice. I can get it for under $600, brand new. I am thinking after I pay off they collectors waiting to slit my throat, I'll go and feed my G.A.S. problem with a Super Swede. Very nice guitar (and dude)! :dude:

Go man , go. Told ya you'd like it :AOK: Can't wait to see/hear it. Screw the collectors, they'll always be around. Live for today. Feed GAS now! Besides, you can gig to pay it off in no time :rockon:

Robert
January 9th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Oh yeah, Sahara Hotnights come from SkellefteƄ, just a bit north the city I come from! They were just 14 or so when they made a name for themselves.

So you're saying I'd be buying a "chick guitar"? ;) I can live with that! :D

abraxas
January 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Robert, go for it I say! :D

Still, if you're after a Super Swede (not our beloved friend from the North, the guitar!), have you seen the Select models?

Here you go:

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/images/new-guitars/SESUSWE-DBD-L.jpg

Isn't she a beauty? Real wood binding, selected wood tops, and suck aesthetic improvements, but I feel it's worth the extra $$$!

sunvalleylaw
January 9th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I like those Hagstroms! I think it would be fun to see what you do with an LP type too.

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I went to the local music store and tried out SuperSwede!
:eek: IT WAS YOU!!! I visited a canadian guitar store and suddenly it all became black and I woke up behind a Mack amplifier. I thought that I had been abducted by aliens and "probed"... hmmmm...

Oh guitars... :whatever:
The newer Hagstroms are not as nice as the older models (applies to all guitar brands I guess) but they are still really nice guitars. One amazing thing with Hagstrom guitars is that they have a special truss rod that enables them to have a really slim neck while maintaining neck stability. Very nice

Sahara Hotnights:

aX3Cj0YO3ak

Bloozcat
January 10th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Sniff...sniff....you're making me miss my old 1974 Hagstrom Swede that I sold years ago...:cry:

That was a really great guitar. The neck was really slim with the H-bar truss rod that Hagstrom used, and what a fast action!

To make me even sicker about having sold it, I had put one of the legendary original DiMarzio Super Distortion humbuckers in the bridge position and a Dual Sound humbucker in the neck. I also replaced the second "tone" selector switch (which I always found kinda useless), with a two-way toggle to split the neck pu coils. Man, that guitar rocked... :R

If the new Hagstroms are anywhere close to the old ones, they'd be a nice axe to own.