PDA

View Full Version : Good delay pedal?

Radioboy950
January 9th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I've narrowed it down to 3:

*Digitech DigiDelay (good price/mixed reviews)
*Boss DD-6 (good reviews/more $$$)

I am most intrigued with this one :
*Guyatone MD-3
http://www.guyatone.com/Md2.php

I really want to avoid tone-suckers since I got this sweet new Rivera.

Any experience with the Micro pedal...or the others??

OH, probably should also look at the Ibanez AD9.

sunvalleylaw
January 9th, 2008, 10:51 PM
That MD-3 looks really cool. I was looking at the other two pedals and was leaning toward the Digitech, but am holding off on purchasing at this point. I think Elavd has or had the Digitech and posted nice things about it, and Spud likes that Boss.

Robert
January 10th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Those are all pretty similar. The MD-3 is coolest, because it's so small! Sounds great though. Ibanez DE-7 (http://www.zzounds.com/a--885181/item--IBATLDE7)
(FretNet affiliate link!)

I have a Danelectro PB & J delay and it sounds really good and its a cheap delay pedal.

Radioboy950
January 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
After giving it more thought, I went the eBay route and snagged a “newer” Digitech.
I ‘m used to that style of pedal (Boss/Digi/Ibanez)…the tanks that can take a good ol stomp. And I like a tap tempo feature. Little less expensive than the DD-6.
:)

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM
After giving it more thought, I went the eBay route and snagged a “newer” Digitech.
I ‘m used to that style of pedal (Boss/Digi/Ibanez)…the tanks that can take a good ol stomp. And I like a tap tempo feature. Little less expensive than the DD-6.
:)

That was kind of the way I was leaning. The Monkey I have is sure built well, and the Digi has the tap tempo.

ted s
January 10th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Since entering the relm of tubi-goodness. I've been thinking about one as well.
So, if I like my monkey then the digi-delay is complimentary ? Is it a quiet pedal ? (electronic hissing etc)

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I can't say, as I have never used the two together. My shopping has been only by asking questions and internet research.

ted s
January 10th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Maybe I didn't phrase that right, meaning complimentary to the arsenal as opposed to each other.
See what happens when I try to use a big word !? I studied it all night and have been waiting to use it all day !

LowEndWonder
January 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
The Electroharmonics Deluxe Memory Man. :AOK:

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Let us know how you like that Digidelay. I am going for tap tempo delay pedal soon.