PDA

View Full Version : The dude from Gearwire!

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
:flamemad:

You know the one....the demo dude. :reallymad:

Just had to rant. :)

Edited to add the demo if you can call it that....

ZlXnWAPU__E

Robert
January 10th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Who is that you are talking about? Tell us more.
And what is wrong with him?

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Who is that you are talking about? Tell us more.
And what is wrong with him?

I added the ad just now. The guy should not be demo'ing anything. You'll know why. It takes him half of the video to even get to the demo. Who cares what's inside the boxes? Argh!!!

Robert
January 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Oooh, look, it comes with a registration form! :bravo:

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Oooh, look, it comes with a registration form! :bravo:

.....exactly. :thwap:

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM
......and all their demos are like that.

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Yup he is one of those box-opening fetish dudes..

ted s
January 10th, 2008, 03:54 PM
kinda painful.

abraxas
January 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I'm trying very hard to NOT hate this guy. He is a constant test to my patience and temper. :thwap:

The one that got me furious was the "test" of the Ibanez AF-105, an excellent jazz guitar which he somehow manages to make look and sound like $hit. :confused:

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I'm trying very hard to NOT hate this guy. He is a constant test to my patience and temper. :thwap:

The one that got me furious was the "test" of the Ibanez AF-105, an excellent jazz guitar which he somehow manages to make look and sound like $hit. :confused:

I'm afraid to even find that video.

:rotflmao:

marnold
January 10th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Some of their reviews can be helpful to get a basic idea of what the pedal sounds like, but you're right. It takes an awfully long time to cut to the chase.

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Well I just think out of all the Gearwire staff...and it may just be that dude and the dude running the camera...they outta let someone else do the talking and the demo'ing. Mono toned voice not real enthused about things. They definately could drop the opening the box sequences. They could also use a different guitar and amp for pedal demos etc. I just can't sit there and wait to get to the main event. They're helpful yeah but they're also nerve wracking.

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
:bravo::rotflmao::bravo:

I'm a fan

...here's the registration card, the postage is paid on that:rotflmao:!

Pure genius.

I'll argue that the d00d is totally high & just got distracted by the cooool cards n' stuff.

& that's the Fuzzface out of the box! :rotflmao:

Radioboy950
January 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I almost feel sorry for this dude. He should NOT be doing product demos, unless he wants to kill a sale.

Justaguyin_nc
January 10th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Oh Com'on guys.. your all jealous cause he can play better and obviously been smok'in dope... I think he gives a great description.. and overall good product demo.. I want his autograFFF!

The devil needed an advocate here..I stepped in...:poke:

duhvoodooman
January 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM
....obviously been smok'in dope...
I think Justa has probably cut right to the heart of the issue here. You should see how long it takes the guy to make a PB & jelly sandwich....

Justaguyin_nc
January 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I think Justa has probably cut right to the heart of the issue here. You should see how long it takes the guy to make a PB & jelly sandwich....

I've had experince spotting these types...tisk tisk...:crazyguy:

Spudman
January 10th, 2008, 05:27 PM
So where do we find these videos? Is there a way to leave feedback for them? If so lets all go bombard them with a "cut out the crap" message.

Yes, I'm a gator...an instigator.

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM

I knew I had you pegged the moment I saw your rant the other day. hahahaha *looks for the smokin' emoticon dude* :D

Radioboy950
January 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
And another thing...
The guy never gets around to telling us whether he gets any screaming solos from his amph imputs:thwap:

pes_laul
January 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM
So where do we find these videos? Is there a way to leave feedback for them? If so lets all go bombard them with a "cut out the crap" message.

Yes, I'm a gator...an instigator.
on the video If you go to menu and press "copy to clipboard" for the URL then paste it in your browser then you can go complain all you want

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Well, I spotted it 6 minutes before you did (look up) :rotflmao:.

But then you were probably moving your mouse

rrrrrreeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy slllloooooowwwwllllllyyyy :D:D.

Justaguyin_nc
January 10th, 2008, 11:24 PM
rrrrrreeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy slllloooooowwwwllllllyyyy :D:D.

:rotflmao: <--- oh shoot...someone help me..Im ROFLMAO...

Jimi75
January 11th, 2008, 01:48 AM
This guy must be one of the most hated guys in the entrie musicbiz.
I do not watch these demos anymore, did it twice and it is an absolute waste of time.

Lev
January 11th, 2008, 03:38 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that with all the fantastic guitar players in the world, the guys that do demo's are so poor. Surely this is a dream job that any decent guitarist would be happy to do.

my worst top 5:

1. Johnny DeMarco from BOSS - he really never left the 1980's
2. This GearWire guy - 'nuff said!
3. Paul from Guitar World - I must find a way to play metal on every guitar!
4. Paul Hansen from BOSS - I demo how to get the worst tone from a boss pedal - wow, check out the fizzzzz!!
5. Simon Bradley from Guitarist (UK) - how to make evey guitar sound the same!!

Robert, it's time you were knocking on these companies doors, with the amount of youtube hits you get they'd surely take you seriously!!

Robert
January 11th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Hehe, Lev - but I don't look cool enough! I'd need an hair transplant first.

Adrian30
January 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Here's another crappy one. I don't recognize the "presenter", but sounds like someone from Ibanez.

http://www.gearwire.com/ibanez-s-series.html

marnold
January 11th, 2008, 08:56 AM
3. Paul from Guitar World - I must find a way to play metal on every guitar!
You make it sound like that's a BAD thing.

Maybe better would be: "I play heavy metal to overcompensate for the fact that I appear to be a little light in the loafers, if you get my drift."

Lev
January 11th, 2008, 09:27 AM
You make it sound like that's a BAD thing.

Maybe better would be: "I play heavy metal to overcompensate for the fact that I appear to be a little light in the loafers, if you get my drift."

No, it's not a bad thing at all - but a bit of variety is nice too :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM

If anything you could shave your head and start knocking on those doors. At least you'd look cooler than wearing that silly cap! These companies need top notch video recorded players like you so people can get a better idea of what products really should sound like.

Sblack
January 12th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Dan Augustino seems like a nice guy -- mellow, not flashy or cocky. His playing is very real, much like the average Joe (or Jane) Hobbyist. But his lack of experience and knowledge of the products can be disappointing. He has one of the coolest jobs on the planet -- sample and play around with gear while getting paid (I hope). He really needs to do more homework on the products he demos and highlight the elements of said products that gear addicts like us want to know.

markb
January 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
It's not even a decent demo of a Fuzz Face. These things go from clean to scream (copyright Guitar Player magazine) with a twist of the guitar volume. Have a listen to early Jayhawks for a fantastic use of an FF as your only drive pedal.

OTOH, it's useful to know how much bumf you'll be hauling to the recycling bins once you've unpacked the pedal :D .

Tone2TheBone
January 13th, 2008, 07:37 PM
It's not even a decent demo of a Fuzz Face. These things go from clean to scream (copyright Guitar Player magazine) with a twist of the guitar volume. Have a listen to early Jayhawks for a fantastic use of an FF as your only drive pedal.

OTOH, it's useful to know how much bumf you'll be hauling to the recycling bins once you've unpacked the pedal :D .

I'm gonna shoot me one this week sometime. Been wanting one for a while now for the reasons you've stated.

Bloozcat
January 14th, 2008, 07:28 AM

That doesn't seem to be hurting Peter Frampton any....

Or, you could take your cue from Joe Satriani. When his hair started to go, he went with the clean shave. Fortunately for those today who are "hair challenged", the shaved head look is considered cool...

elavd
January 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I also dislike this guy from Gearwire...

Not to mention the videos that the guys from gearwire gather and chat while playing with some gear...They really PISS ME OFF!!! :reallymad:

Robert, it's time you were knocking on these companies doors, with the amount of youtube hits you get they'd surely take you seriously!!

I agree with Lev ;)

Robert, I think that you have the appropriate technique and internet recognition to hunt a gear-demo-guy career ;) (Not joking at all!!!)

Also you could get a contract with a big music store (like the European Thomann), and record clips for them that they could use in their e-stores...

Robert
January 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Sure, hook me up with the big guns and I'll demo for them!

Not sure how I would approach any company saying "hello, I can make great demos for you"....?

elavd
January 15th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Not sure how I would approach any company saying "hello, I can make great demos for you"....?
You could just send them an email, telling who you are, and offer some free recordings for the first 2-3 products ;)

Robert I really think that your hands can take out the most of every gear that you play ;)

Recently a guy in a Greek guitar forum, while searching for the "best strat sound", he posted a video of yours (with the Deluxe Players strat) and he wrote "THAT'S THE SOUND I'M LOOKING FOR!!!" :D

I answered him that maybe this video may be somehow ..."misleading" because you can make every strat sound perfect :D

Although I know you cannot read Greek, this is the thread I'm talking about:
http://www.noiz.gr/index.php?topic=153595.msg175701#msg175701

And this is my answer:
http://www.noiz.gr/index.php?topic=153595.msg175828#msg175828

Adrian30
January 15th, 2008, 02:23 PM
You could just send them an email, telling who you are, and offer some free recordings for the first 2-3 products ;)

Robert I really think that your hands can take out the most of every gear that you play ;)

Recently a guy in a Greek guitar forum, while searching for the "best strat sound", he posted a video of yours (with the Deluxe Players strat) and he wrote "THAT'S THE SOUND I'M LOOKING FOR!!!" :D

I answered him that maybe this video may be somehow ..."misleading" because you can make every strat sound perfect :D

Although I know you cannot read Greek, this is the thread I'm talking about:
http://www.noiz.gr/index.php?topic=153595.msg175701#msg175701

And this is my answer:
http://www.noiz.gr/index.php?topic=153595.msg175828#msg175828

And a DVD with your "sample demo videos". Send whole bunch of DVDs to various places! Emails are great, but too easy to delete.