PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Generation EX GAS

Sblack
January 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I have been looking for a $200.00 Tele and the Peavey Generation really caught my eye (and ear). It blends contemporary looks with a vintage vibe and stinging Tele tone. This video has me looking around for one of these. The Generation EX is now on my short list.:dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc-nnnrTljU

Spudman
January 11th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I certainly dig mine.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/tele001.jpg

Sblack
January 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Spud,

You just did the equivalent of throwing a five-gallon tank of gas on a brush fire. The amount of GAS now is overwhelming. That Tele is beautiful and the exact color I want. A few questions, however:

1. How is the intonation on the ash-tray barrel bridge? Can you get it spot on?

2. Do you like the stability of the stock tuners? Are they the Chinese "sealed" type, or are the more like vintage spec. die cast tuners?

3. How is the neck profile? I like a flatter radius with a thinner neck.

4. Did you get it locally or online?

Thanks, Spud. :D

Spudman
January 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I don't know about spot on intonation but it doesn't seem to be far off. I haven't even checked it since getting it. There are only 3 saddles so perfect is only going to be close.

Mine stays tuned very well. No problems here.

The neck is not flat or thin like an Ibanez. I will say that 99% of the time I pick this guitar up when I grab the neck I do a mental "ahhh." I love it. In fact it's very hard to put down because I love how it plays. It's round but it just feels great. It's in my top 5 as far as feel.

I got mine online and it was damaged when it got here. It was only single boxed and the neck was just barely hanging on. I filled the neck mounting holes, re-drilled and used larger screws and now it's rock solid.

It came with 9's and I've left it that way. It plays really easily and 10's would probably feel as sweet. I just haven't tried it yet.

My favorite thing about it other than the neck is the neck pickup. It is awesome. Sweet, sweet sounds come out of it. Nothing like the bassy unclear sounds from a lot of Teles. This is the neck sound I wish all Teles had.

Hey...wipe up that drool.:drool:

Sblack
January 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Pant, pant . . .

*quickly picks up phone and calls local stores to see if Peavey Generations are in stock*

Thanks for the feedback, Spud! :wave: